Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers change target of a symbolic link Post 302239462 by fimblo on Tuesday 23rd of September 2008 05:54:46 PM
Old 09-23-2008
wow, thanx Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

symbolic Link

question abt symbolic link ... i'm doing the following ... ln -s x.sh ./scripts/y.sh and cat ./scripts/y.sh it is giving following error cat: cannot open y.sh Any reason u an think of ? But it is working fine when i goto scripts directory and cretae the symbolic link. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhargav
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need some info about symbolic link and hard link

hello folks how y'all doin well i have some questions about symbolic link and hard link hope some one answer me i open terminal and join as root and i wrote ln -s blah blah then i wrote ls i see red file called blah blah but didn't understand what is this can some one explain and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: detective linux
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ZIP a soft / symbolic link target

Hey, How can one ZIP the target of a soft/symbolic link in unix (if dodag@ is a symbolic link for the path car/reno/*.*, how can I zip car/reno/*.*, with using only dodag as my reference)? Thxnk you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: galz
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

symbolic link

Hi, i am trying to create sym links on sles 11 , but it seems i am doing something wrong. oracle@tests:/u01/app/oracle/oradata/ACIS> pwd /u01/app/oracle/oradata/ACIS oracle@tests:/u01/app/oracle/oradata/ACIS> ln -s /db/ACIS/dbase/dbf/ /u01/app/oracle/oradata/ACIS/... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Symbolic Link Help

Hello All, This may be a silly question to some but I am really stuck. Is there a way to reverse the following; sudo rm /bin/sh sudo ln -s /bin/bash /bin/sh It was part of a driver compile/installation procedure by Digi for Ubuntu stating that dash isn't supported and a symbolic link... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LAVco
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls on a symbolic link

Hi all, Can anyone please confirm if the command below is the only way that I can get what the symbolic link is set to? mnlxd110(oracle)/db/posd2/dba$: ls -l | grep "^l" lrwxrwxrwx 1 oracle dba 28 Aug 9 2011 bdump -> diag/rdbms/posp1/posp1/trace mnlxd110(oracle)/db/posd2/dba$:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Symbolic link not allowed or link target not accessible

Hi everybody, I read about treads realted to this issue but they did not resovle issue given below. Please help me resolve issue given below I have html file under /srv/www/htdocs/actual_folder ls actual_folder/ test.html and following link works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbielgn
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change reference of symbolic link

Hello all, I am trying to recursively find symbolic links for a given name find . -type l -name ABC -exec ls -ltr {} \;where ABC refers to /user/fre/crmso/share I want to replace the reference of initial part of directories from /user/fre/crmso to /user1/amx/seamBut want to accomplish... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sethmj
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Symbolic link

Hi, trying to understand more about symblic link, when I compiled a program called "match" in one folder ~/downloadsoftware/I want this program to be accessible like a system command by putting a symbolic link in /usr/bin/ Not by setting the $PATH method in .bashrc at this time. What I did is:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving the target of a symbolic link

Hello all, On a Solaris box, I am trying to move the target of a symbolic link. Let's say the symbolic link looks like the following: /dir1/dir2/link -> /some/dir/target I would like to know of a simple way to move the target of the symbolic link and not the link itself. I'd like to move... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
4 Replies
AnyEvent::Impl::IOAsync(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      AnyEvent::Impl::IOAsync(3pm)

NAME
AnyEvent::Impl::IOAsync - AnyEvent adaptor for IO::Async SYNOPSIS
use AnyEvent; use IO::Async::Loop; # optionally set another event loop use AnyEvent::Impl::IOAsync; my $loop = new IO::Async::Loop; AnyEvent::Impl::IOAsync::set_loop $loop; DESCRIPTION
This module provides support for IO::Async as AnyEvent backend. It supports I/O, timers, signals and child process watchers. Idle watchers are emulated. I/O watchers need to dup their fh because IO::Async only supports IO handles, not plain file descriptors. PROBLEMS WITH IO
::Async This section had a long list of problems and shortcomings that made it almost impossible to support IO::Async. With version 0.33 of IO::Async, however, most of these have been fixed, so IO::Async can now be used as easily as many other loops. There are a few remaining problems that require emulation or workarounds: No support for multiple watchers per event In most (all? documentation?) cases you cannot have multiple watchers for the same event (what's the point of having all these fancy notifier classes when you cannot have multiple notifiers for the same event? That's like only allowing one timer per second or so...). For I/O watchers, AnyEvent has to dup() every file handle, as IO::Async fails to support the same or different file handles pointing to the same fd (the good thing is that it is documented, but why not fix it instead?). Apart from these fatal flaws, there are a number of unpleasent properties that just need some mentioning: Confusing and misleading names Another rather negative point about this module family is its name, which is deeply confusing: Despite the "async" in the name, IO::Async only does synchronous I/O, there is nothing "asynchronous" about it whatsoever (when I first heard about it, I thought, "wow, a second async I/O module, what does it do compared to IO::AIO", and was somehow set back when I learned that the only "async" aspect of it is the name). Inconsistent, incomplete and convoluted API Implementing AnyEvent's rather simple timers on top of IO::Async's timers was a nightmare (try implementing a timer with configurable interval and delay value...). The method naming is chaotic: "watch_child" creates a child watcher, but "watch_io" is an internal method; "detach_signal" removes a signal watcher, but "detach_child" forks a subprocess and so on). Unpleasant surprises on GNU/Linux When you develop your program on FreeBSD and run it on GNU/Linux, you might have unpleasant surprises, as IO::Async::Loop will by default use IO::Async::Loop::Epoll, which is incompatible with "fork", so your network server will run into spurious and very hard to debug problems under heavy load, as IO::Async forks a lot of processes, e.g. for DNS resolution. It would be better if IO::Async would only load "safe" backends by default (or fix the epoll backend to work in the presence of fork, which admittedly is hard - EV does it for you, and also does not use unsafe backends by default). On the positive side, performance with IO::Async is quite good even in my very demanding eyes. SEE ALSO
AnyEvent, IO::Async. AUTHOR
Marc Lehmann <schmorp@schmorp.de> http://anyevent.schmorp.de Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> Rewrote the backend for IO::Async version 0.33. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-08 AnyEvent::Impl::IOAsync(3pm)