Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: locking mechanism
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting locking mechanism Post 302239350 by tjay83 on Tuesday 23rd of September 2008 11:56:15 AM
Old 09-23-2008
That is really helpful

Thanks a lot

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Mechanism reqd for knowing TCP buffer occupancy level

Hi, The description and the context of the mechanism that i require is as follows: There is an application communicating with a protocol stack binary. There is a TCP socket communication between the two. Now, the stack is pumping up data to the Application such that the receiving buffer of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saptarshi
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A mechanism like "batch file of windows" in Unix

Hi all, Like in windows OS we have in unix something called "jobs"-term me if i am wrong- to run a sequence of steps which we can exceute at our own will without scheduling like corntab scheduling. can any one tell me what is the structure of this file and provide me with some info with this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixjadoo
5 Replies

3. AIX

mechanism of AIX ?

Hi all, on aix,whether have udev or devfs mechanism? thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anonys
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Best possible communication mechanism between a Solaris machine and a windows machine

hi, I have some windows client machines which require a signal to be sent by a Solaris machine( SunOS 5.6) when ever a particular event occurs on that Solaris machine. What are possible communication mechanisms by which i can do this. the constraints are > the windows machines have to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krsh
7 Replies

5. Programming

Open source my OIOIC, a completely new object-oriented mechanism for the C.

OIOIC is a completely new object-oriented mechanism for the C programming language. Please download the "OIOIC-Primer-2nd-Edition-English.tar.gz". (the English version of << OIOIC Primer >> ) http://code.google.com/p/oioic/downloads/list Welcome your advice! Using OIOIC, you can describe... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pervise.zhao
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Need progress mechanism for copy process"

Hello Folks, I got an issue to be solved. I need to show the user a progress bar while executing an process using shell script Example: While updating firmware lets assume this will take 2 min to upgrade i need the shell script to show the progress bar as (0%) and at the end it should... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: phanivarma
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

An alternative to IPC mechanism

What if the operating systems would not use any ipc mechanism in order to exchange the datas with each other,which technique could be an alternative for messaging between the processes?Do you guys think using the vfork () system call to duplicate processes is a logical solution for this problem? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: helltrex
4 Replies

8. Programming

Best IPC mechanism to be used

Suppose I have 5 independent process divided in two imaginay sets: set1 set2 --------------------- p1 p3 | | p2 p4 | p5 The processes inside each set communicate mutually quite often. I mean p1 and p2 communicate mutually quite often Similarly p3, p4 and p5 communicate mutually... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
2 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [-k] [-q] [-t time] [file [command ...]] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. If the argument command ... is given, script will run the specified command with an optional argument vector instead of an interactive shell. Options: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -k Log keys sent to program as well as output. -q Run in quiet mode, omit the start and stop status messages. -t time Specify time interval between flushing script output file. A value of 0 causes script to flush for every character I/O event. The default interval is 30 seconds. The script ends when the forked shell (or command) exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. The script utility works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen. The results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal, not an addressable one. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
The script utility places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. It is not possible to specify a command without also naming the script file because of argument parsing compatibility issues. When running in -k mode, echo cancelling is far from ideal. The slave terminal mode is checked for ECHO mode to check when to avoid manual echo logging. This does not work when in a raw mode where the program being run is doing manual echo. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD