Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to set DISPLAY to support X11 window server Post 302239193 by gohappy on Tuesday 23rd of September 2008 05:02:26 AM
Old 09-23-2008
Bug How to set DISPLAY to support X11 window server

I can run xclock from root but not able to run in a user (oracle)
I am getting this error during installation of ORACLE-10g (10.2) in Solaris-10 (X86).............when I do ./runInstaller

when ever try, getting this error.......

DISPLAY not set. Please set the DISPLAY and try again. or
Can't connect to X11 window server using '192.168.1.128:0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable

How to set the Display to support X11..........

OS-solaris 10 (X86)
Laptop- ACCER, AMD Processor with 2GHz

Pls help me out

Thanks,
gohappy

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with X11 Root Window

At school, on an HP-UX or B.11.11 U 9000/785 system, my X11 root window is always set to 8-bit color, but all the child windows are 24-bit. The problem with this, is any background/wallpaper looks extremely ugly with the 8-bit color. Is there any way to make X starts with 24-bit color root window?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ljfong
0 Replies

2. AIX

How to set AIX server for x-window?

Hi, I register the ip address into "XMD broadcast" in xconfig of xmanager, then use Xmanager to connect to AIX server, But I can not connect to it. How to set AIX server to let it can be connected? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixabc
2 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to set size of browser window in mwm?

Hi, When I launch firefox in mwm on VectorLinux 5.8, its window borders stretch just a bit beyond the screen size. My resolution is 800x600. How do I fix this issue so that it always stays within the screen when I launch it? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nixusr
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Pop-up window using X11

Anyone know of a way to create a pop-up window using X11? I'm not to sure where to start. I just think it would be neat to do. So I was hoping someone out there had documentation on how to go about this, or if I was going to have to write/compile a program to do so. Thank you! Adelsin (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
8 Replies

5. Solaris

X11 Display

Hi all, How to setup X11 on Solaris? ~Vinodh' Kumar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vino_hymi
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X window/X11 basics

Hi all, Can anybody suggest a good resource to know about X/X-window/X11 etc in linux/unix. Introduction and useful commands. Its little confusing to me. thanks in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to set xterm for Window Titls for PuTTy

Hi, I still cant find step by step manual how to make my putty display let say PWD in its title, read about some xterm, but where it is? Can anybody help me with this. Thx M (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trento17
4 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

X11 Display Problem with Mac OSX after creating new account

For preliminaries, I am on a Mac Pro running 10.5. I am trying to run a program that opens an X11 graphic and plots a mesh. The little program is called showme. It has worked just fine in the past. Up until I had to make a new user account on this machine for myself. Now every time I try to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bocephus85
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] putty+x11:How do I pass X11 display rights to "su"?

I can log into a unix system with Putty. I've set the "X11 forwarding" checkbox, and I've verified that I can display an X11 window back on my laptop. What I need to be able to do is "su" to another uid after logging in and then run something which display a window back on my laptop, with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkarr
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Restacking x11/Xlib Window

I have a full screen top level window (application) on Solaris 10. We have a minimal window manager (DTWM), because of the critical nature of the app. On top of the first application, we have another application with a top level window, that covers the upper left area of the first application. Now,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JenniferKuiper
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)