Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Concatenating two files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Concatenating two files Post 302236391 by Tytalus on Monday 15th of September 2008 11:40:18 AM
Old 09-15-2008
Code:
 sed q file1 > file.new;ls file[12] | xargs -i tail +2 {} >> file.new

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

concatenating x files into a one...

... i have 4 files to concatenate but in a certain order and i wanted to do it in a shorter one line command , if possible ! 4 files : file , file0 , file1 and file2 file1 into file2 file0 into the result file into the result thanks in advance Christian (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nicol
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenating records from 2 files

I'm trying to concatenate records from 2 files and output it to a third file. The problem I'm running into is that it seems like the "While" command is limited to processing one file at a time. It seems like you could read a record from file1 into a variable. Then do the same for the for file2.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Powcmptr
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

negatively concatenating files

That subject might sound weird. What I have is two files. One looks like: rf17 pts/59 Jul 10 08:43 (10.72.11.22) 27718 pts/59 0:00 b rf17 pts/3 Jul 10 10:03 (10.72.11.22) 32278 pts/3 1:43 b rf58 pts/29 Jul 10 10:09 (10.72.11.51) 44220 pts/29 0:06 b rf58 pts/61 Jul 10 08:45 (10.72.11.51)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenating Text Files

Hi, I have 30 text files on UNIX that I need to concatenate and create one big file. Could anyone provide me with a solution (if one exist)? I need the answer asap (today). Thanks a lot. Denis (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 222001459
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

concatenating similar files in a directory

Hi, I am new in unix. I have below requirement: I have two files at the same directory location File1.txt and File2.txt (just an example, real scenario we might have File2 and File3 OR File6 and File7....) File1.txt has : header1 record1 trailer1 File2.txt has: header2 record2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepak62828r
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating 3 files into a single file

I have 3 files File1 C1 C2 c3 File 2 C1 c2 c3 File 3 C1 c2 c3 Now i want to have File1 as C1 c2 c3 I File2 as C1 c2 c3 O File3 as c1 c2 c3 D and these 3 files should be concatenated into a single file how can it be done in unix script? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Codesearcher
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating two files in required format

Firstly one of my mysql queries will yeild following output +-------+---------------------+-------------------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | ID | PLATFORM | SORT_NAME | DESCRIPTION ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating 2 lines from 2 files having matching strings

Hello All Unix Users, I am still new to Unix, however I am eager to learn it.. I have 2 files, some lines have some matching substrings, I would like to concatenate these lines into one lines, leaving other untouched. Here below is an example for that.. File 1 (fasta file): >292183... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohamed EL Hadi
6 Replies
g3cat(1)						       mgetty+sendfax manual							  g3cat(1)

NAME
g3cat - concatenate multiple g3 documents SYNOPSIS
g3cat [-l] [-a] g3-file1 ... DESCRIPTION
g3cat concatenates g3 files. These can either be 'raw', that is, bitmaps packed according to the CCITT T.4 standard for one-dimensional bitmap encoding, or 'digifax' files, created by GNU's GhostScript package with the digifax drivers. Its output is a concatenation of all the input files, in raw G3 format, with two white lines in between. If a - is given as input file, stdin is used. If the input data is malformed, a warning is printed to stderr, and the output file will have a blank line at this place. OPTIONS
-a byte-align the end-of-line codes (EOL) in the file. Every EOL will end at a byte boundary, that is, with a 01 byte. -l separate files with a one-pixel wide black line. -h <blank lines> specifies the number of blank lines g3cat should prepend to each page. Default is 0. -w <width> specifies the desired page width in pixels per line. Default is 1728 PELs, and this is mandatory if you want to send the fax to a standard fax machine. If one of the input files doesn't match this line width (for example because it was created by a broken G3 creator), a warning is printed, and the line width is transparently fixed. Example The following example will put a header line on a given g3 page, 'page1' and put the result into 'page2': echo '$header' | pbmtext | pbm2g3 | g3cat - page1 >page2 FILES
-- BUGS
Hopefully none :-). SEE ALSO
g32pbm(1), sendfax(8), faxspool(1) AUTHORS
g3cat is Copyright (C) 1993 by Gert Doering, <gert@greenie.muc.de> greenie 27 Oct 93 g3cat(1)