Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: shell pattern matching
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell pattern matching Post 302236241 by indianjassi on Monday 15th of September 2008 05:47:37 AM
Old 09-15-2008
First tell us what you have tried.

So that we can suggest you improvement..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching in a shell script?

I'm looking for a way to match a particular string in another string and if a match is found execute some command. I found the case statement can be used like this; case word in ) command ;; ] ... esac If my string to find is say "foo" in the string $mystring... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paulobrad
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching in shell scripting.

Hey Guys, I have a shell script that is very simple and does the following. #!/usr/bin/bash set -x echo -n "can you write device drivers?" read answer if then echo "wow, you must be very skilled" else echo "neither can i, i am just shell script" fi you see where the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irishboy24
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script pattern matching

Hi, I need to create a shell script through which i need to populate email addresses in email columns of database table in mysql. Let say if email contains yahoo, hotmail, gtalk than email addresses need to move in their respective columns. # !/bin/sh yim="example@yahoo.com"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirfan
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching in shell script

Hi, I am using following command to extract string from a file. String will be after last / (slash). awk -F\ / '{print $NF}' $FILE but while appending the output in file in script, it dosent work. File created but of zero size... can anyone please help `awk -F\\\/ '{print $NF}' $FILE` >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deei
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell for pattern matching and extracting

Guys, i'm new to shell scripting. Here's what i need. I need a shell script which would read a file containing only 1 line which never changes. File containts - SQL_Mgd_Svc_ELONMCL54496 |EMEA\brookkev, EMEA\fieldgra, EMEA\tidmamar, EMEA\attfiste, EMEA\baldogar, EMEA\clarkia2, EMEA\conwasha,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterfly20
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk pattern matching and shell issue.

Please help me in this issue. I am unable to get the job,seems the awk not browsing the files. Please find my tries below. I have attached two files : 1.tobesearched.txt - a glimpse of a huge log file. 2.searchstring.txt - searching keys. these are the two scripts i tried writing: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deboprio
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me to find files in a shell script with any matching pattern

Hi friends.. I have many dirs in my working directory. Every dir have thousands of files (.jsp, .java, .xml..., etc). So I am working with an script to find every file recursively within those directories and subdirectories ending with .jsp or .java which contains inside of it, the the pattern... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hnux
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching and replace in shell script

Hi I want to find a line in a file which contains a word and replace the patterns. Sample file content temp.xml ==================== <applications> <application> Name="FirstService" location="http://my.website.selected/myfirstService/V1.0/myfirst.war" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sakthi.99it
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Non-greedy pattern matching in shell script

Hi all, Is Perl included by default in Ubuntu? I'm trying to write a program using as few languages as possible, and since I'm using a few Perl one-liners to do non-greedy matching, it's considered another language, and this is a bad thing. Basically, I'm using a Perl one-liner to grab XML... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zel2008
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Big pattern file matching within another pattern file in awk or shell

Hi I need to do a patten match between files . I am new to shell scripting and have come up with this so far. It take 50 seconds to process files of 2mb size . I need to tune this code as file size will be around 50mb and need to save time. Main issue is that I need to search the pattern from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin_daharwal
2 Replies
MENHIR(1)						      General Commands Manual							 MENHIR(1)

NAME
menhir - parser generator for OCaml SYNOPSIS
menhir [options] files DESCRIPTION
menhir is a LR(1) parser generator for the Objective Caml programming language. That is, Menhir compiles LR(1) grammar specifications down to Objective Caml code. It is mostly compatible with ocamlyacc(1). OPTIONS
-h, --help Show summary of options. -b, --base basename Specifies a base name for the output file(s). --comment Include comments in the generated code. --depend Invoke ocamldep and display dependencies. --dump Describe the automaton in basename.automaton. --error-recovery Attempt recovery by discarding tokens after errors. --explain Explain conflicts in basename.conflicts. --external-tokens module Import token type definition from module. --graph Write grammar's dependency graph to basename.dot. --infer Invoke ocamlc for ahead of time type inference. --interpret Interpret the sentences provided on stdin. --interpret-show-cst Show a concrete syntax tree upon acceptance. -la, --log-automaton level Log information about the automaton. -lc, --log-code level Log information about the generated code. -lg, --log-grammar level Log information about the grammar. --no-inline Ignore the %inline keyword. --no-stdlib Do not load the standard library. --ocamlc command Specifies how ocamlc should be invoked. --ocamldep command Specifies how ocamldep should be invoked. --only-preprocess Print a simplified grammar and exit. --only-tokens Generate token type definition only, no code. --raw-depend Invoke ocamldep and echo its raw output. --stdlib directory Specify where the standard library lies. --suggest-comp-flags Suggest compilation flags for ocaml{c,opt}. --suggest-link-flags-byte Suggest link flags for ocamlc. --suggest-link-flags-opt Suggest link flags for ocamlopt. -t, --table Use the table-based back-end. --timings Display internal timings. --trace Include tracing instructions in the generated code. --version Show version number and exit. -v Synonymous with --dump --explain. SEE ALSO
ocaml(1). AUTHOR
menhir was written by Francois Pottier and Yann Regis-Gianas. This manual page was written by Samuel Mimram <smimram@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 19, 2006 MENHIR(1)