Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with wget
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with wget Post 302234720 by era on Wednesday 10th of September 2008 07:40:46 AM
Old 09-10-2008
You need to get a wget with https support. Some distributors don't build that in by default because the SSL libraries used to have an icky license.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

wget -r

I have noticed a lot of expensive books appearing online so I have decided to copy them to CD. I was going to write a program in java to do this, but remembered that wget GNU program some of you guys were talking about. Instead of spending two hours or so writing a program to do this.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: photon
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Wget FTP problem!

Hi, I've tried to download from ftp sites by wget but it failed and says "Service unavailable" but when I use sftp in binary mode and use "get" command it works perfectly. What's the problem? BTW: I tried both passive and active mode in wget. thnx for ur help (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdousti
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wget pdf downloading problem

Hi. I am trying to make a mirror of this free online journal: http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/title~content=t716100758~db=all Under the individual issues, the link location for the "Full Text PDF" does not have ".pdf" as an extension -- so when I use wget it misses the file. However clicking... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: obo1234
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with wget no check certificate.

Hi, I'm trying to install some libraries, when running the makefile I get an error from the "wget --no check certificate option". I had a look help and the option wasn't listed. Anyone know what I'm missing. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: davcra
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

wget help?

can someone please help in understanding this shell script? wget --progress=dot:mega --cut-dirs=4 -r -c -nH -np --reject index.html*,icons/*.gif \ http://*****.oz.xxxxx.com:<portnum>/omcsm/releases/dew/${UPGRADE_VERSION}/ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dnam9917
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with wget and cookie

Dear people, I got a problem with an scrip using wget to download pdf-files from an website which uses session-cookies. Background: for university its quite nasty to look up weekly which new homeworks, papers etc. are available on the different sites of the universites chairs. So I wanted a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jackomo
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wget -i URLs.txt problem

Hi Everyone, I have a problem with wget using an input file of URLs. When I execute this -> wget -i URLs.txt I get the login.php pages transferred but not the files I have in the URLs.txt file. I need to use the input file because it will have new products to download each week. I want my VA to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keith londrie
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Wget

If I run the following command wget -r --no-parent --reject "index.html*" 10.11.12.13/backups/ A local directory named 10.11.12.13/backups with the content of web site data is created. What I want to do is have the data placed in a local directory called $HOME/backups. Thanks for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: popeye
1 Replies

9. Proxy Server

Problem with wget

I cannot download anything using wget in centos 6.5 and 7. But I can update yum etc. # wget https://wordpress.org/latest.tar.gz --2014-10-23 13:50:23-- https://wordpress.org/latest.tar.gz Resolving wordpress.org... 66.155.40.249, 66.155.40.250 Connecting to wordpress.org|66.155.40.249|:443...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nirosha
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget - working in browser but cannot download from wget

Hi, I need to download a zip file from my the below US govt link. https://www.sam.gov/SAMPortal/extractfiledownload?role=WW&version=SAM&filename=SAM_PUBLIC_MONTHLY_20160207.ZIP I only have wget utility installed on the server. When I use the below command, I am getting error 403... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prasannag87
2 Replies
NE_SOCK_INIT(3) 						neon API reference						   NE_SOCK_INIT(3)

NAME
ne_sock_init, ne_sock_exit - perform library initialization SYNOPSIS
#include <ne_socket.h> int ne_sock_init(void); void ne_sock_exit(void); DESCRIPTION
In some platforms and configurations, neon may be using some socket or SSL libraries which require global initialization before use. To perform this initialization, the ne_sock_init function must be called before any other library functions are used. Once all use of neon is complete, ne_sock_exit can be called to perform de-initialization of socket or SSL libraries, if necessary. Uses of ne_sock_init and ne_sock_exit are "reference counted"; if N calls to ne_sock_init are made, only the Nth call to ne_sock_exit will have effect. ne_sock_init will set the disposition of the SIGPIPE signal to ignored. No change is made to the SIGPIPE disposition by ne_sock_exit. Both the SSL libraries supported by neon -- OpenSSL and GnuTLS -- require callbacks to be registered to allow thread-safe use of SSL. These callbacks are stored as global variables and so their state persists for as long as the library in question is loaded into the process. If multiple users of the SSL library exist within the process, this can be problematic, particularly if one is dynamically loaded (and may subsequently be unloaded). If neon is configured using the --enable-threadsafe-ssl flag, thread-safe SSL support will be enabled automatically, as covered in the following section. Otherwise, it is not safe to use neon with SSL in a multi-threaded process. The ne_has_support function can be used to determine whether neon is built to enable thread-safety support in the SSL library. Thread-safe SSL with OpenSSL neon follows two simple rules when dealing with the OpenSSL locking callbacks: o ne_sock_init will set thread-safety locking callbacks if and only if no locking callbacks are already registered. o ne_sock_exit will unset the thread-safety locking callbacks if and only if the locking callbacks registered are those registered by ne_sock_init. Applications and libraries should be able to co-operate to ensure that SSL use is always thread-safe if similar rules are always followed. Thread-safe SSL with GnuTLS The cryptography library used by GnuTLS, libgcrypt, only supports an initialization operation to register thread-safety callbacks. ne_sock_init will register the thread-safe locking callbacks on first use; ne_sock_exit cannot unregister them. If multiple users of GnuTLS are present within the process, it is unsafe to dynamically unload neon from the process if neon is configured with thread-safe SSL support enabled (since the callbacks would be left pointing at unmapped memory once neon is unloaded). RETURN VALUE
ne_sock_init returns zero on success, or non-zero on error. If an error occurs, no further use of the neon library should be attempted. SEE ALSO
neon(3), ne_has_support(3) AUTHOR
Joe Orton <neon@lists.manyfish.co.uk> Author. COPYRIGHT
neon 0.29.6 3 May 2011 NE_SOCK_INIT(3)