Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Server Setup
Operating Systems Linux Gentoo Server Setup Post 302234659 by uunniixx on Wednesday 10th of September 2008 04:24:43 AM
Old 09-10-2008
Well the whole idea is a pre-mature one right now and a final design is yet to be implemented for all 3000 team members.

Let me be simple as I can:

We already had a web application that was completely based on C++ servers and code. Now we have introduced new JSP pages which start a web flow and for processing they connect and pass on the information to C++ servers and process accordingly. Also with the help of some technology we are able to switch pages rendered by C++ or Java applications. The C++ and Java servers are configured to talk to particular IP and port. We have means to authenticate a valid request connection request.

In other words Java and C++ servers know whom to connect as they are configured with appropriate details.

Our project had no issues in a team of 5 people. As we modified servers and tested in our login. Now we have this setup to be pushed to live. As the project will go live the developers would need to have their own setup for their future development work (Java and C++). This is where we are facing issues.

Currently we are in strength of 3000 people and all need to have workspace for each of them in order to simulate a flow from Java servers and then interact with C++ severs for basic validations.

We have a concern that installing Tomcat and sever for so many people would greatly strain development box. This is a big issue.

The project is already over and we cannot re-design as in production its all one copy of severs.

We would like to know how we can achieve the setup for large development team.

Hence the question in concern

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to setup an FTP server?

i want setup an ftp server on my homelab now i downloaded resource management book from sun there it shows you how to make the entry in the inet.d.conf file also how to control ftp access but how do u actually set it up? say like i want certain file to be obtain through ftp how do i do that? oh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rmuhammad
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setup a DNS server for my redhat server

Using Redhat Linux Enterprise AS 4 can someone teach me how to setup a dns server for my webserver? i've registered a domainname at mydomain.com but when i type in the domain i register i cannot enter to my webserver. someone told me that it is related with the DNS setting on my server. i've... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaixiang88
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

How To Setup Ftp Server

Hi, I'm planning to setup ftp server but I dont have yet what platform i'll be using. I think what ever flavor it is it will go in the same approach right, anyway I just would like to ask how to setup ftp in unix I know too many of here alraedy done with it. Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eykyn17
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ntp server setup

Not connected to the internet so I would like to set up 1 unix machine to be the ntp server and have it sync time to about 30 other machines that are all on an private 10net network?:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parrisjr
3 Replies

5. AIX

NIM server setup on etherchannel setup environment

I know that IBM's official stance is that NIM does not work on etherchannel environment, but has anyone able to get around it? I'm working on a p5-590 LPAR system, and the NIM master and clients are all on the same frame. Any help is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp server setup help

Hello all, Am in the process of setting up ftp server in my RHEL3 box. Here is where I downloaded the vsftp server ftp://scary.beasts.org/users/cevans/vsftpd-2.1.1pre1.tar.gz ftp server daemon is running fine, accepting connections from client but the issue is that 'user' I specifically... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Running setup on a new server

I have a newly built Solaris 10 server that I want to install Sun One web server. After building the server I use FTP to copy over the web server installation files into a directory I created (/usr/local/software/JES/6.1sp8). I run ./setup and get this. bash: ./setup: Permission denied I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsander
7 Replies

8. Solaris

DNS Server setup

I am trying to setup DNS server in Solaris 10. I have two blade 1500 system and want to setup two name server I would like to start setting up DNS. appreciate your help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnathan
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

[ASK] How to setup portfw to server behind another server

Hi Experts, I was trying to find some documentations about this but seems I'm not good enough to find that one, so I'm seeking a help from the expert here. I have 3 Solaris Server and the diagram as follow: My PC => ---------------------- I was able to setup port forwarding to Server... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AdziE
0 Replies

10. IP Networking

Server setup for multiple IP routing?

Hey there, I am a network administrator of a student dorm. Me and my team (we do this in our spare time) have the task to upgrade and rebuild our dorm intern network. But unfortunately we don't have that much experience with server setup and ip-routing and stuff. So here is the topic I want to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrgruen
8 Replies
NETBEANS(1)							 Java IDE and More						       NETBEANS(1)

NAME
NetBeans - Java IDE SYNOPSIS
netbeans [ options ] [ files ] PARAMETERS
options Command-line options. files Files to be opened in NetBeans IDE. DESCRIPTION
NetBeans is a cross-platform IDE written in Java. It supports development in Java, and support for other languages can be added. The whole IDE is built around a core framework with APIs, and features are implemented in the form of plugin modules. This clean, modular architec- ture makes NetBeans a good platform for building development tools and custom IDEs. OPTIONS
General options: --help List available command line options --jdkhome <path> Path to JDK home used to run IDE -J<jvm_option> Pass <jvm_option> to JVM --cp:p <classpath> Prepend <classpath> to classpath --cp:a <classpath> Append <classpath> to classpath Core options: --laf <LaF classname> Use given LookAndFeel class instead of the default --fontsize <size> Set the base font size of the user interface, in points --locale <language[:country[:variant]]> Use specified locale --userdir <path> Use specified directory to store user settings Module reload options: --reload /path/to/module.jar Installs or reinstalls a module JAR file. OpenFile module options: --open FILE Open FILE. --open FILE:LINE Open FILE at line LINE (starting from 1). AUTHOR
NetBeans was written by the NetBeans Community <http://www.netbeans.org/>. This manual page was written by Marek Slama <mslama@netbeans.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). January 18, 2008 NETBEANS(1)