Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To view .gz files without decompressing it Post 302234611 by ali560045 on Wednesday 10th of September 2008 02:13:40 AM
Old 09-10-2008
thanks gunzip -c is working

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

view log files

i have this unix version "unix v/386" and i want to view the log files how i can do it? regards (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sak900354
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

View files in columns

Can some on say how in simplest way to implement the following: I have two files: 1) some some some 2) another another another I need to get third file: 3) some another some another some another (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To view compressed files

Hello All I compressed a file hello by using compress command compress hello ( enter ) i got the file as hello.z 1. My question is how can i see the file hello.z 2. How can i uncompress it back to change it to filename hello thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: supercops
4 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Decompressing Tar Archives (Finally!)

If you've come across this problem with unzipping/decompressing zips, you might find this helpful: I was having a little trouble with unzipping (decompressing) tarred archives under OS 10.5 until today. My first attempt was to just simply double-click on the zip file (i.e., example.tar.gz) and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unimachead
2 Replies

5. Solaris

read a compress file without decompressing it

If we have a zip file and we don't have enough space on the disk to unzip it but we want to be able to just read the file like if we can use cat without decompressing it. Is there a way we can do that? Like if we want Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to view all files on DAT tape

I'm using tar and so far so good, but how can I view ALL files without having to fast forward and rewind the tape? Let's say I append 100 files onto the tape. Having to fast forward 100 times until I find the file I want is kinda tedious. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdotsen
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to view files in Directory

Hi, Can you help me in providing me a command to view all files present in a directory. Thanks a lot. -Vamsi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VamsiVasili
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to view files in Directory

Hi, Can u provide me the command to view files in a directory.Urgent Pls. -Vamsi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: VamsiVasili
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find Multiple Strings from a list of *.gz files withour decompressing...

Hello Team, There is this situation where there are around 20 *.gz files and i want to search multiple words from all those files. Example as below : filea.gz fileb.gz filec.gz now i want to search words "hi" and "hello" from all these 3 files without... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun87
4 Replies

10. Fedora

Cannot view the files on the smartphone anymore

My current Fedora version is 27. Desktop environment is LXDE. I am trying to view files sitting on my smartphone (Sony Xperia XA ultra) but it doesn't work anymore. This used to work before. I cannot view image and mp3 files but text files and pdf files work fine. When I move the files to the local... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
3 Replies
VWRIGHT(1)						      General Commands Manual							VWRIGHT(1)

NAME
vwright - normalize a RADIANCE view, shift it to the right SYNOPSIS
vwright [ view options ] distance vwright [ view options ] name DESCRIPTION
In the first form, vwright shifts a RADIANCE view the specified distance to the right, putting out a complete set of view parameters in a single line on the standard output. This utility is most often used to compute a right-eyed view from a left-eye view for stereo imaging. If no options are specified on the command line, vwright reads a view from its standard input. The distance given is in world coordinate units. A negative value indicates a shift to the left rather than the right. The second form substitutes a name prefix in place of the shift distance, and produces constant assignments on the standard output suitable for passing directly to rcalc(1). For a given prefix N, the constant names are as follows: Nt: view type ('v'==1,'l'==2,'a'==3,'h'==4,'c'==5,'s'==6) Npx: view point x value Npy: view point y value Npz: view point z value Ndx: view direction x value (normalized) Ndy: view direction y value (normalized) Ndz: view direction z value (normalized) Nd: view focal distance Nux: view up vector x value (normalized) Nuy: view up vector y value (normalized) Nuz: view up vector z value (normalized) Nh: view horizontal size Nv: view vertical size Ns: view shift Nl: view lift No: view fore clipping distance Na: view aft clipping distance Nhx: derived horizontal image vector x value (normalized) Nhy: derived horizontal image vector y value (normalized) Nhz: derived horizontal image vector z value (normalized) Nhn: derived horizontal image vector multiplier Nvx: derived vertical image vector x value (normalized) Nvy: derived vertical image vector y value (normalized) Nvz: derived vertical image vector z value (normalized) Nvn: derived vertical image vector multiplier EXAMPLES
To start rpict(1) on a view .06 meters left of the view in the file "right.vf": rpict `vwright -.06 < right.vf` scene.oct > right.hdr & To move the rad(1) view named "left" 2.5 inches to the right and render from there: rad -v "right `rad -n -s -V -v left examp.rif | vwright 2.5`" examp.rif & To pass a view to rcalc for conversion to some other view: rcalc -n -e `vwright orig < orig.vf` -f viewmod.cal -o view.fmt > new.vf AUTHOR
Greg Ward SEE ALSO
pdfblur(1), rad(1), rcalc(1), rpict(1), rvu(1) RADIANCE
8/29/96 VWRIGHT(1)