Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Defunct Processes
Operating Systems AIX Defunct Processes Post 302234456 by trokia88 on Tuesday 9th of September 2008 06:08:23 PM
Old 09-09-2008
Thanks all for your thoughts ...
Can any one share me a hint as to why these processes are starting after 15-20 hrs of the reboot . This is been happening from last few days .. Is there any script or anything i should check which could generate this at this time ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

<DEFUNCT> Processes

When I ps -ef I see about 3 or 4 <DEFUNCT> things - what are these, and what causes them? Are they a concern? How can I fix them? Thanks, Michael (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cuppjr
4 Replies

2. Programming

defunct process!!

how can i assure that daemon process which is being run as init child,can be removed immediately from system when it goes defunct or to avoid daemon process becoming defunt? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rish2005
5 Replies

3. Solaris

how do I kill defunct processes?

mqm 17700 16815 0 0:00 <defunct> kill -9 does not work, even as root (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about defunct processes

Hey guys/gals. I am new to the site and fairly new to Unix/Linux. I have a master netbackup server (solaris) that I get pinged on occasionally regarding defunct processes. (Usually over 50 or so of them.) I know what a defunct process is, but what is it a product of? Just plain sloppy code? (From... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EMCSANMAN
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

whats the difference between zombie orpha and defunct processes

can some one please explain zombie orphan defunct and how they r related (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Abnormal behaviour of Defunct processes.

Hi All, Sorry to bother you all if my query is silly. Can you please clarify my doubts on defunct processes. Actually coming to the scenario, i have a server which is under cluster environment. Server B is having problems with the defunct process. There was a cron scheduled on Server B which... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddybs
0 Replies

7. HP-UX

Defunct processes are getting generated

Dear Sir / Madam, We have two socket programs which are running in background. These two socket programs are creating defunct processes in HP-UX which were not happening in Compaq True64 UNIX. What is the root cause of these defunct processes and how can we correct it? Your suggestion will be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcsahoo
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

defunct processes?

HiI had a tool fail recently, on analysis I found it was cleaning up orphaned directories that had been created by specific processes that had died for some reason, thus failing to clean up after themselves.The directories were of the form /dir.pid. The tool would look to see if any instances of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Defunct Processes; Maximum Process

I'd like to remove this defunct processes without rebooting. Or, I could remove this defuncts when the maximum allowable process is nearly reached, then send an email to the user/team. How can I determine the maximum allowable process that a server can handle? Any thoughts? Jin@PRODUCTION: >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jin_
3 Replies

10. HP-UX

How to clear defunct processes??

How to find out and clear the 'defunct' processes at OS and DB level ..?? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SurajR
6 Replies
renpy(6)							       Games								  renpy(6)

NAME
renpy - engine for creating visual novels SYNOPSIS
renpy [path to the script directory] DESCRIPTION
Ren'Py is a programming language and runtime, intended to ease the creation of visual-novel type games. It contains features that make it easy to display thoughts, dialogue, and menus; to display images to the user; to write game logic; and to support the saving and loading of games. Ren'Py tries to be like an executable script, allowing you to get a working game without much more effort than is required to type the game script into the computer. Ren'Py is implemented on top of python, and that python heritage shows through in many places. Many Ren'Py statements allow python expres- sions to be used, and there are also Ren'Py statements that allow for the execution of arbitrary python code. Many of the less-used fea- tures of Ren'Py are exposed to the user by way of python. By only requiring use of the simplest features of python, it's hoped that Ren'Py will be usable by all game authors. USAGE
If you run the program without any arguments, zou will get an interactive launcher from where you can select, run and work different projects. For running a script, you need to give the full path to the directory that contains the game you want to play. For example: renpy /usr/share/games/renpy/demo/ To learn how to use the game interface, you should install and play renpy-demo. FILES
The game data for each user is stored at ~/.renpy/ directory. The scripts can be installed in the system bz placing them under /usr/share/games/renpy/ , but you can run any script in an arbitrarz directory just by telling the path as the parameter to the game. SEE ALSO
You can find more information at http://www.renpy.org/ May 2007 renpy(6)