Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to list file names in a certain date range using ls command? Post 302233622 by era on Monday 8th of September 2008 06:48:28 AM
Old 09-08-2008
If your find command has the capability to find files by age, you can use that. It's a bit tricky if you haven't used it before, but this site is full of examples. Start with the FAQ: https://www.unix.com/answers-frequent...d-command.html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to print file names in a certain date range using ls

I need to list only file names of a specific date from the command ls -lt. :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shamwari
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get Message from file within date range

Hi All, I am a java devloper putting my hands on shell scripts. Honestly it sounds coool and interesting Presently I got stuck with the following requirement. Get the messages from file. The messages in the file are as follows: date|message1 date|message2 . . . date is of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambharish
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

display the file with in the date range

Hi All, I want a shell script which can display the file with in the date range. For Example I have 15 files with the following format abc_01-01-2009.txt to abc_15-01-2009.txt. Now I want to have the files between 4th of jan to 12th files. How can I acheive this. Advance... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fareed_do
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to list file names instead of lines when grep a gzcat command?

Hi, I want to list filenames instead of lines when i search in compresed files for a string. #gzcat *.gz | grep -l 12345 gives me: <stdin> Anyone got a solution on this problem? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HugoH
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with Date Range and Zip it

Hi all, I am using the below script which display the files in the folder with the date range we specify. I want to add extra functionality that, The listing files should be zipped using gzip. I tried to add exec gzip at the last line but it is not working. Suggestions please. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nokiak810
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using 'date' to list a range of dates

Hi guys, I have been trying to create a list of dates from a certain range, ie. range from 01011950 to 31122000 But when my below code reaches certain dates, it comes up with a; 'date: invalid date 'yyyy-mm-dd -d 1day' Sofar I have come up with the following, slow and ugly; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TAPE
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date range command (and delete)

Hello. Newbie here.... I basically have a directory with tens of thousands (literally) subdirectories and need to delete those that are older than 2008 (hundreds) with all their contents. I've looked through all the RM parameters and still can't quite figure out how to specify the data range... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pqmomba8
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve lines from a file in a given date range

Hey, guys! I am trying to retrieve lines from a file in a given date range. I tried using sed -n "/${SDATE}/,/${EDATE}/p" ~/webhits/$FILE | wc -l but that doesn't work if the starting or the end date do not match exactly. If both dates match, there are no problems (for example 25 March 2008 -... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oopcho
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with ksh script to list, then cp files from a user input date range

Hi, I'm quite new to ksh scripting, can someone help me with this. Requirements: I need to create a script that list the files from a user input date range. e. g. format of file: *c1*log.2012-12-22-14-00* *c1*log.2012-12-22-14-00* *c1*log.2012-12-22-14-00*... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chococrunch6
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deal with a range of file names

Red Hat enterprise Lines 5.8 I have files like below. All the below files are created in the same minute. Using mv command, I want to move 33 files starting from pg424_fcds_1_718519105_34304.dat to pg424_fcds_1_718519105_34336.datto another direcory called /data/fcds_logs/ ls... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega3
6 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)