Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Yesterday date script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Yesterday date script Post 302233068 by cfajohnson on Friday 5th of September 2008 08:48:42 PM
Old 09-05-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakhan
Hello All,
Code:
#!/bin/sh
CurrentDate=`TZ="GMT+24" date +'%y%m%d'`
echo $CurrentDate;

Using the TZ variable to manipulate the date is unreliable.

If possible, use one of the versions of date that can use a different date (GNU and *BSD), or try the date shell function from Chapter 8 of my book: 8: The Dating Game

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

yesterday date month/date

Hi expert, I want to retrieve yesterday su log. How to calculate and assign variable value ( 06/23 ) in myVariable ? #!/bin/sh myVariable=yesterday date in month/date cat /var/adm/sulog | grep $myVariable > file.txt many thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: skully
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare date from db2 table to yesterday's Unix system date

I am currently running the following Korn shell script which works fine: #!/usr/bin/ksh count=`db2 -x "select count(*) from schema.tablename"` echo "count" I would like to add a "where" clause to the 2nd line that would allow me to get a record count of all the records from schema.tablename... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasaliasim
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem to get yesterday's date flatfile with shell script

hi, i was required to write a shell script to get yesterday's date flatfile. but i only know how to get today's date flatfile. Please observed my below scripting: Please help! Thanks ================================================= #!/bin/sh HOST='192.168.1.200' USER='ftp1'... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: lifeseries
19 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

yesterday date

HI All, I am trying so long to find the yesterday's date to run a script but i failed kinldy share the command to find yesterday's date in ksh i tried with date --date='1 day ago' but it displaying error your help will highly apeerciated. Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting yesterday's date in shell script

Im in EST, and im using the command CurrentDate=`TZ="EST+24" date +'%y%m%d'` to get the yesterday's date. Does this work perfectly for the boundary conditions of month end or year end(leap year) etc ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in Shell Script comparing todays date with Yesterday date from Sysdate

Hi, I want to compare today's date(DDMMYYYY) with yesterday(DDMMYYYY) from system date,if (today month = yesterday month) then execute alter query else do nothing. The above requirement i want in Shell script(KSH)... Can any one please help me? Double post, continued here. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmsk1331
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Replace yesterday date with today's date except from the first line

Hello, I have a file like this: 2012112920121130 12345620121130msABowwiqiq 34477420121129amABamauee e7748420121130ehABeheheei in case the content of the file has the date of yesterday within the lines containing pattern AB this should be replaced by the current date. But if I use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lilu_CK
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get tomorrow,yesterday date from date Command

Hi I want to get tomorrow and yesterday date from date command. My shell is KSH and server is AIX. I tried several options, but unable to do. Please help on this. Regards Rajesh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshmepco
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append date to filename, but base it on yesterday's date?

Hello, I'd like to write a monthly archive script that archives some logs. But I'd like to do it based on yesterday's date. In other words, I'd like to schedule the script to run on the 1st day of each month, but have the archive filename include the previous month instead. Here's what I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to compare two files of todays date and yesterday's date

hi all, How to compare two files whether they are same are not...? like i had my input files as 20141201_file.txt and 20141130_file2.txt how to compare the above files based on date .. like todays file and yesterdays file...? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
4 Replies
GENPLOTFILES(1) 						      colplot							   GENPLOTFILES(1)

NAME
genplotfiles - utility to help automate creation of collectl plot file from raw ones SYNOPSIS
/opt/hp/colplot/genplotfiles.pl -outdir [-switches] DESCRIPTIONS
This utility is not intended to meet all plot file creation needs, but quite frankly should meet most. Features not provided with this utility are best realized by running collectl directly in playback mode (see collectl -p). It is therefore important to understand what this utility will and will not do for you before building an automation strategy around it. The algorithm used is fairly simple - genplotfiles examines each collectl raw file to see it it falls within the data ranges (if specified) and contains a matching hostname (if specified). If a plot file already exists, the timestamps are compared and the raw file skipped if its newer than the plotfile. Any raw files that pass all these tests are then passed to collectl with their timestamp wildcarded. The result is all raw files for that host/date will be processed. This means if you copy over collectl raw files multiple times over the course of the day using rsync, you can immediately genererate up-to-date plots for them using genplotfiles. Furthermore, you won`t even need any date parameters if the older plot files are alreay up to date. For an example of what a cron job that aggregates multiple collectl logs onto a single system for plotting purposes, see crontab.sh in the same directory as this script. SWITCHES
All switches are optional with the exception of -outdir: -colbin path-to-collectl This points to collectl and is only necessary if /usr/sbin is not in your path or you`ve chosen to install collectl in a non-stan- dard directory. -debug number Primarily for development, will provide intermediate processing information based on its value. See souce for details. -force Always generate plot files even in there is an existing one that is newer than the latest raw file. This will be necessary if you want to rerun this script and just change the value of -subsys. -help Print a summary of available switches. -host string Only process files that contain this string in their hostname portion of the filename. -indir directory Directory where to look for collectl logs. The default is /var/log/collectl and is therefore only necessary if your logs are in a non-standard location. -outdir directory Directory into which to write the plottable files. This field is required. -fromdate date Ignore files with a datestamp in their name less that this value. The default is 20050101 and so defaults to all files. The value of `yesterday` is also recognized to simplify scripts that call this. -thrudate date Ignore files with a datestamp in their name with a datestamp greater than this value. The default is the current day and one can also specify a value of `yesterday`. -subsys string Instead of using the default subsystems for which data was collected, generate output files based on this set. There are basically two reasons for doing this. The first is that you may want to reduce the size of the plot files, though with compression there is rarely much point in this. The second is if you`ve asked collectl to collect summary data but want to plot detail data. See the colplot FAQ for more information. AUTHOR
This program was written by Mark Seger (mjseger@gmail.com). Copyright 2005 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. SEE ALSO
LOCAL
OCTOBER 2005 GENPLOTFILES(1)