Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: dispaly vg's and pv's?
Operating Systems AIX dispaly vg's and pv's? Post 302232904 by Rob Kerrr on Friday 5th of September 2008 12:52:29 PM
Old 09-05-2008
In one shot (not considering you want separate report files) I might do something like this:

for MyVG in `lsvg`
do
echo "\n\n Volume Group: $MyVG\n------------------"
for MyPV in `lsvg -p $MyVG|grep -v -e $MyVG -e PV_NAME|awk '{ print $1 }'`
do
MyID=`lspv $MyPV|grep 'PV IDENTIFIER'|awk '{ print $3}'`
echo $MyPV $MyID
done
done

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue with dispaly of special character like 'TM'

Hi, I've an xml file with special characetr 'TM' (trade mark sign). The issue is that I am not able to get the symbol 'TM'(trade mark sign) on unix. It displays '?' instead. I've searched the solution on net. Wht I've found is that the symbol 'TM' does not come under ISO-8859-1 char set. So I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbehal
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Dispaly IP address

How to display the IP address in authlog and sulog? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Burhan
1 Replies
PVDISPLAY(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      PVDISPLAY(8)

NAME
pvdisplay - display attributes of a physical volume SYNOPSIS
pvdisplay [-c|--colon] [-d|--debug] [-h|-?|--help] [-s|--short] [-v[v]|--verbose [--verbose]] PhysicalVolumePath [PhysicalVolumePath...] DESCRIPTION
pvdisplay allows you to see the attributes of one or more physical volumes like size, physical extent size, space used for the volume group descriptor area and so on. pvs (8) is an alternative that provides the same information in the style of ps (1). OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. -c, --colon Generate colon separated output for easier parsing in scripts or programs. N.B. pvs (8) provides considerably more control over the output. The values are: * physical volume device name * volume group name * physical volume size in kilobytes * internal physical volume number (obsolete) * physical volume status * physical volume (not) allocatable * current number of logical volumes on this physical volume * physical extent size in kilobytes * total number of physical extents * free number of physical extents * allocated number of physical extents -s, --short Only display the size of the given physical volumes. -m, --maps Display the mapping of physical extents to logical volumes and logical extents. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), pvcreate(8), lvcreate(8), vgcreate(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.44-cvs (02-17-09) PVDISPLAY(8)