Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Server Setup
Operating Systems Linux Gentoo Server Setup Post 302232760 by uunniixx on Friday 5th of September 2008 06:22:00 AM
Old 09-05-2008
Server Setup

We have C++ server (web applications) and Java Servers. I am not a Java developer but Java people say that Java Servers requires tomcat as it renders web pages. The Java server updates DB that C++ servers inquires upon and makes processing accordingly.

This setup is ok for a user as the user needs to have a copy of every sever for himself. Now we are in requirement for all users in our company - around 3000 people for individual development purpose. So we would need to have 3000 C++ servers for each as they will modify code for their feature work, however not all (around 20) will be for Java servers.

The issue we would then need to install 3000 Java servers (tomcat). So that each individual developer has his / her own work area and one modification will not hamper others.

Is there a way that I can reduce this setup - Number of Java app though making user independent.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to setup an FTP server?

i want setup an ftp server on my homelab now i downloaded resource management book from sun there it shows you how to make the entry in the inet.d.conf file also how to control ftp access but how do u actually set it up? say like i want certain file to be obtain through ftp how do i do that? oh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rmuhammad
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setup a DNS server for my redhat server

Using Redhat Linux Enterprise AS 4 can someone teach me how to setup a dns server for my webserver? i've registered a domainname at mydomain.com but when i type in the domain i register i cannot enter to my webserver. someone told me that it is related with the DNS setting on my server. i've... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaixiang88
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

How To Setup Ftp Server

Hi, I'm planning to setup ftp server but I dont have yet what platform i'll be using. I think what ever flavor it is it will go in the same approach right, anyway I just would like to ask how to setup ftp in unix I know too many of here alraedy done with it. Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eykyn17
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ntp server setup

Not connected to the internet so I would like to set up 1 unix machine to be the ntp server and have it sync time to about 30 other machines that are all on an private 10net network?:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parrisjr
3 Replies

5. AIX

NIM server setup on etherchannel setup environment

I know that IBM's official stance is that NIM does not work on etherchannel environment, but has anyone able to get around it? I'm working on a p5-590 LPAR system, and the NIM master and clients are all on the same frame. Any help is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp server setup help

Hello all, Am in the process of setting up ftp server in my RHEL3 box. Here is where I downloaded the vsftp server ftp://scary.beasts.org/users/cevans/vsftpd-2.1.1pre1.tar.gz ftp server daemon is running fine, accepting connections from client but the issue is that 'user' I specifically... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Running setup on a new server

I have a newly built Solaris 10 server that I want to install Sun One web server. After building the server I use FTP to copy over the web server installation files into a directory I created (/usr/local/software/JES/6.1sp8). I run ./setup and get this. bash: ./setup: Permission denied I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsander
7 Replies

8. Solaris

DNS Server setup

I am trying to setup DNS server in Solaris 10. I have two blade 1500 system and want to setup two name server I would like to start setting up DNS. appreciate your help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnathan
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

[ASK] How to setup portfw to server behind another server

Hi Experts, I was trying to find some documentations about this but seems I'm not good enough to find that one, so I'm seeking a help from the expert here. I have 3 Solaris Server and the diagram as follow: My PC => ---------------------- I was able to setup port forwarding to Server... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AdziE
0 Replies

10. IP Networking

Server setup for multiple IP routing?

Hey there, I am a network administrator of a student dorm. Me and my team (we do this in our spare time) have the task to upgrade and rebuild our dorm intern network. But unfortunately we don't have that much experience with server setup and ip-routing and stuff. So here is the topic I want to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrgruen
8 Replies
BJDWP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  BJDWP(1)

NAME
bjdwp - Command line USB Blackberry Java Debug Wire Protocol SYNOPSIS
bjdwp [-h][-p pin][-P password][-v] address port DESCRIPTION
bjdwp is a program that supports the Java Debug Wire Protocol over USB, which enables debugging of Java programs directly on your Black- berry. Support is experimental, and development is focused primarily on the BlackBerry Storm. OPTIONS
-p pin PIN of device to talk with. Only needed if you have more than one Blackberry connected at once. -P password Simplistic method to specify device password. In a real application, this would be done using a more secure prompt. -v Dump verbose protocol data during operation. -h, --help Show summary of options. ARGUMENTS
The following arguments are required, in order to provide a socket where the JDWP server will listen for connections from the debugger. address Most often 'localhost' but can be any IP or hostname on the machine running bjdwp. port Port to listen on. EXAMPLES
Start the server and the USB connection to the device: bjdwp localhost 8000 Then start your java debugger: jdb -connect com.sun.jdi.SocketAttach:hostname=localhost,port=8000 AUTHOR
bjdwp was initially written for the Barry project by Nicolas VIVIEN. This manual page was written by Chris Frey. SEE ALSO
http://www.netdirect.ca/software/packages/barry September 29, 2009 BJDWP(1)