Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: per-process swap usage?
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users per-process swap usage? Post 302231571 by shamrock on Tuesday 2nd of September 2008 04:32:30 PM
Old 09-02-2008
TRS maybe Text Resident Size.
DRS maybe Data Resident Size.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

swap space and cpu usage for an application

Hi, How do i get the swap space used and cpu usage for a particular application ? thanks una (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: una
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

process cpu usage

Trying to come up with a command that will show all processes sorted from highest cpu usage to lowest. Any ideas? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cwsmichigan
9 Replies

3. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Listing processes with swap usage

Is there any way to get list of processes which are taking maximum swap , my system is showing no swap space in /var/adm/messages and i 'm unable to pin down the process which is consuming max swap space. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
11 Replies

5. Solaris

how can i see which process is using how much of swap

hi guys i am new to opensolaris and i have installed opensolaris 2009.6 preview and i would like to know how much swap using each process currently..... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivas2828
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculate swap space usage in Solaris and converts it in Percentage

Hi Folks, I am looking for a way to write a script to calculate swap usage in Solaris so that the current usage will be shown in Percentage value. Thanks!! Based on 'swap -s' command # swap -s total: 1378936k bytes allocated + 1236880k reserved = 2615816k used, 2725104k available (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaapar
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Swap usage by top and free command doesn't match

Its rather confusing, the output of top command is below: The "swap" field of top is described by the manpage as: "The swapped out portion of a task's total virtual memory image." But the output of free command suggests something else and it does tally with the output of swapon... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Interesting swap usage

Hi We have 2 identical T4-1's running Solaris 10 8/11 patched to 07/2012. Both have 8G of swap allocated on the zfs root pool however a swap -s on one server shows 8G of swap available but on the other shows between 60 and 115G of swap available. Both servers have the same amount of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregsih
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

Swap memory usage is high in Linux

Hi , There is one following alert . Message : cdm:Average (2 samples) swap memory usage is now 91%, which is above the warning threshold (90%) Here is my findings. Output of TOP command in Linux server. top - 14:21:44 up 6 days, 4:48, 1 user, load average: 2.55, 2.06,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Swap memory usage keeps increasing.

Hi the version is RedHat 6.2 (Oracle DB server) I don't know why swap memory usage keeps increasing... I used to check swap memory usage Free -m and another way. total used free shared buffers cached Mem: 32183 31861 322 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tom8254
3 Replies
WMMEMLOAD(1)						      General Commands Manual						      WMMEMLOAD(1)

NAME
wmmemload - A dockapp to monitor memory/swap usages SYNOPSIS
wmmemload [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the wmmemload command. WMMemLoad is a program to monitor memory/swap usages. It is a dockapp that is supported by X window managers such as Window Maker, After- Step, BlackBox, and Enlightenment. The current memory usage is displayed in the top half. The swap usage is in the bottom half. It has an LCD look-alike user interface. The back-light may be turned on/off by clicking the mouse button over the appliacation. If the usage hits a certain threshold, an alarm-mode will alert you by turning on back-light. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -d, --display <string> Attempt to open a window on the named X display. In the absence of this option, the display specified by the DISPLAY environment variable is used. -bl, --backlight turn on back-light. -lc, --light-color <color> back-light color. (rgb:6E/C6/3B is default) -i, --interval <number> number of secs between updates. (1 is default) -b, --ignore-buffers ignore buffers. (GNU/Linux) -c, --ignore-cached ignore cached pages. (GNU/Linux / FreeBSD) -wr, --ignore-wired ignore wired pages. (FreeBSD) -h, --help show help text and exit. -v, --version show program version and exit. -w, --windowed run the application in windowed mode -bw, --broken-wm activate broken window manager fix -am, --alarm-mem <percentage> activate alarm mode of memory. <percentage> is threshold of percentage from 0 to 100.(90 is default) -as, --alarm-swap <percentage> activate alarm mode of swap. <percentage> is threshold of percentage from 0 to 100.(50 is default) AUTHOR
WMMemLoad was assembled by Mark Staggs <me@markstaggs.net>. It is largely based on WMMemMon and WMCPULoad by Seiichi SATO <ssato@sh.rim.or.jp>. April 3, 2002 WMMEMLOAD(1)