Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell:Find a word in files in a directory and subdirectories Post 302230306 by yeclota on Friday 29th of August 2008 03:38:22 AM
Old 08-29-2008
Shell:Find a word in files in a directory and subdirectories

I'm looking to write a ksh code with will be alble to find a word like 'toto' in all files going from my current directory.

eg.

/doc ----------->have: text.c which "toto"
/doc/usr-------->have: build.pc, help.java which "toto"
/doc/usr/cach -->have: test.sh which "toto"
/doc/build ------>Have Succes.ls which "toto"

Can you help me whith a code source?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find all files created by a specified user in a directory and its subdirectories

Is there a command or shell script which can be used for Finding all files created by a specified userid in a directory and its subdirectories. Say, I want to find all such files in directory /abc as well as in all the subdirectories such as /abc/xyz or /abc/xyz/pqr aqnd so on which was created... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilashnair
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find a word in a all the files in a Directory??

I want to find a specific word present in all the files ina directory....Please tell me the command to be used?? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shikhakaul
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find Files in a Directory Excluding Subdirectories

Hi, I have a filename Location.txt in a directory /abc. Similar name file is present in its subdirectory /abc/xyz. I want to find the file which is present only in /abc and not in /abc/xyz. Please any1 of u can provide a quick suggestion. Its very urgent. Thanks, Amol (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amol_Dicholkar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

to parse a directory and its subdirectories and find owner name of files

hi all, i need to capture all the files in a directory and its subdirectories that have owner name different than the root owner. for one file it is " stat -c %U filename " but i need to search for each and every file and record it. thanks in advance (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vyasa
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find directory name while traversing subdirectories

Hi, I have a parent directory in which I have sub directories of different depth /usr/usr1/user2/671 /usr/usr1/672 /usr/user2/user1/673 /usr/user2/user3/user4/674 And I need the names of all the directories that which starts only with 6 in a file. Thanks, (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_maffy
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a word in all the files (that contain the word) under a directory

Hi Everyone, I am looking for a simple way for replacing all the files under a directory that use the server "xsgd1234dap" with "xsdr3423pap". For Example: In the Directory, $pwd /home/nick $ grep -l "xsgd1234dap" *.sh | wc -l 119 I have "119" files that are still using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files only in current directory...not subdirectories

Hi, I have to find files only in the current directory...not in the sub directories. But when I use Find command ... it searches all the files in the current directory as well as in the subdirectories. I am using AIX-UNIX machine.Please help..I tried to use maxdepth..but it is not working in AIX. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command to search files in a directory excluding subdirectories

Hi Forum, I am using the below command to find files older than x days in a directory excluding subdirectories. From the previous forums I got to know that prune command helps us not to descend in subdirectories. Though I am using it here, not getting the desired result. cd $dir... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find word in a directory files

Hi folks, i have a file in which i have words like below words.txt(file name) and words are arranged likes no spaces between words Apple Banana Carrot And i have list files which have these words in a directory (/tmp/satemp) test1.txt test2.txt test3.txt So if the word 'Apple' is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboy98699
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find/searching files in subdirectories excluding the fiels in Parent Directory

Hi All, requirement is to find and remove the files from sub directories but it should exclude the files from parent directory. At present i am using the below one but it finds and remove files from both parent and sub directories. find ${PATH} -type f \( -name securitas\* -o -name \*gz... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Naveenkk
1 Replies
SmbClient(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    SmbClient(3pm)

NAME
Filesys::SmbClient - Interface for access Samba filesystem with libsmclient.so SYNOPSIS
use POSIX; use Filesys::SmbClient; my $smb = new Filesys::SmbClient(username => "alian", password => "speed", workgroup => "alian", debug => 10); # Read a file my $fd = $smb->open("smb://jupiter/doc/general.css", '0666'); while (defined(my $l= $smb->read($fd,50))) {print $l; } $smb->close(fd); # ... See section EXAMPLE for others scripts. DESCRIPTION
Provide interface to access routine defined in libsmbclient.so provided with Samba. Since 3.0 release of this package, you need a least samba-3.0.2. For prior release of Samba, use Filesys::SmbClient version 1.x. For old and 2.x release, this library is available on Samba source, but is not build by default. Do "make bin/libsmbclient.so" in sources directory of Samba to build this libraries. Then copy source/include/libsmbclient.h to /usr/local/samba/include and source/bin/libsmbclient.so to /usr/local/samba/lib before install this module. If you want to use filehandle with this module, you need Perl 5.6 or later. When a path is used, his scheme is : smb://server/share/rep/doc VERSION
$Revision: 3.1 $ FONCTIONS
new %hash Init connection Hash can have this keys: o username o password o workgroup o debug o flags : See set_flag Return instance of Filesys::SmbClient on succes, die with error else. Example: my $smb = new Filesys::SmbClient(username => "alian", password => "speed", workgroup => "alian", debug => 10); set_flag Set flag for smb connection. See _SMBCCTX->flags in libsmclient.h Flag can be: SMB_CTX_FLAG_USE_KERBEROS SMB_CTX_FLAG_FALLBACK_AFTER_KERBEROS SMBCCTX_FLAG_NO_AUTO_ANONYMOUS_LOGON Tie Filesys::SmbClient filehandle This didn't work before 5.005_64. Why, I don't know. When you have tied a filehandle with Filesys::SmbClient, you can call classic methods for filehandle: print, printf, seek, syswrite, getc, open, close, read. See perldoc for usage. Example: local *FD; tie(*FD, 'Filesys::SmbClient'); open(FD,"smb://jupiter/doc/test") or print "Can't open file:", $!, " "; while(<FD>) { print $_; } close(FD); or local *FD; tie(*FD, 'Filesys::SmbClient'); open(FD,">smb://jupiter/doc/test") or print "Can't create file:", $!, " "; print FD "Samba test"," "; printf FD "%s", "And that work ! "; close(FD); Directory mkdir FILENAME, MODE Create directory $fname with permissions set to $mode. Return 1 on success, else 0 is return and errno and $! is set. Example: $smb->mkdir("smb://jupiter/doc/toto",'0666') or print "Error mkdir: ", $!, " "; rmdir FILENAME Erase directory $fname. Return 1 on success, else 0 is return and errno and $! is set. ($fname must be empty, else see rmdir_recurse). Example: $smb->rmdir("smb://jupiter/doc/toto") or print "Error rmdir: ", $!, " "; rmdir_recurse FILENAME Erase directory $fname. Return 1 on success, else 0 is return and errno and $! is set. Il $fname is not empty, all files and dir will be deleted. Example: $smb->rmdir_recurse("smb://jupiter/doc/toto") or print "Error rmdir_recurse: ", $!, " "; opendir FILENAME Open directory $fname. Return file descriptor on succes, else 0 is return and $! is set. readdir FILEHANDLE Read a directory. In a list context, return the full content of the directory $fd, else return next element. Each elem is a name of a directory or files. Return undef at end of directory. Example: my $fd = $smb->opendir("smb://jupiter/doc"); foreach my $n ($smb->readdir($fd)) {print $n," ";} close($fd); readdir_struct FILEHANDLE Read a directory. In a list context, return the full content of the directory FILEHANDLE, else return next element. Each element is a ref to an array with type, name and comment. Type can be : SMBC_WORKGROUP SMBC_SERVER SMBC_FILE_SHARE SMBC_PRINTER_SHARE SMBC_COMMS_SHARE SMBC_IPC_SHARE SMBC_DIR SMBC_FILE SMBC_LINK Return undef at end of directory. Example: my $fd = $smb->opendir("smb://jupiter/doc"); while (my $f = $smb->readdir_struct($fd)) { if ($f->[0] == SMBC_DIR) {print "Directory ",$f->[1]," ";} elsif ($f->[0] == SMBC_FILE) {print "File ",$f->[1]," ";} # ... } close($fd); closedir FILEHANDLE Close directory $fd. Files stat FILENAME Stat a file FILENAME. Return a list with info on success, else an empty list is return and $! is set. List is made with: o device o inode o protection o number of hard links o user ID of owner o group ID of owner o device type (if inode device) o total size, in bytes o blocksize for filesystem I/O o number of blocks allocated o time of last access o time of last modification o time of last change Example: my @tab = $smb->stat("smb://jupiter/doc/tata"); if ($#tab == 0) { print "Erreur in stat:", $!, " "; } else { for (10..12) {$tab[$_] = localtime($tab[$_]);} print join(" ",@tab); } fstat FILEHANDLE Like stat, but on a file handle rename OLDNAME,NEWNAME Changes the name of a file; an existing file NEWNAME will be clobbered. Returns true for success, false otherwise, with $! set. Example: $smb->rename("smb://jupiter/doc/toto","smb://jupiter/doc/tata") or print "Can't rename file:", $!, " "; unlink FILENAME Unlink FILENAME. Return 1 on success, else 0 is return and errno and $! is set. Example: $smb->unlink("smb://jupiter/doc/test") or print "Can't unlink file:", $!, " "; open FILENAME open FILENAME, MODE Open file $fname with perm $mode. Return file descriptor on success, else 0 is return and $! is set. Example: my $fd = $smb->open("smb://jupiter/doc/test", 0666) or print "Can't read file:", $!, " "; my $fd = $smb->open(">smb://jupiter/doc/test", 0666) or print "Can't create file:", $!, " "; my $fd = $smb->open(">>smb://jupiter/doc/test", 0666) or print "Can't append to file:", $!, " "; read FILEHANDLE read FILEHANDLE, LENGTH Read $count bytes of data on file descriptor $fd. It lenght is not set, 4096 bytes will be read. Return buffer read on success, undef at end of file, -1 is return on error and $! is set. FILEHANDLE must be open with open of this module. write FILEHANDLE, $buf write FILEHANDLE, @buf Write $buf or @buf on file descriptor $fd. Return number of bytes wrote, else -1 is return and errno and $! is set. Example: my $fd = $smb->open(">smb://jupiter/doc/test", 0666) or print "Can't create file:", $!, " "; $smb->write($fd, "A test of write call") or print $!," "; $smb->close($fd); FILEHANDLE must be open with open of this module. seek FILEHANDLE, POS Sets FILEHANDLE's position, just like the "fseek" call of "stdio". FILEHANDLE may be an expression whose value gives the name of the filehandle. The values for WHENCE is always SEEK_SET beacause others didn't work on libsmbclient.so FILEHANDLE must be open with open of this module. close FILEHANDLE Close file FILEHANDLE. Return 0 on success, else -1 is return and errno and $! is set. Print method unlink_print_job PRINTER_URL, IDJOB Remove job number IDJOB on printer PRINTER_URL print_file DOCUMENT_URL, PRINTER_URL Print file DOCUMENT_URL on PRINTER_URL TODO
o chown o chmod o open_print_job o telldir o lseekdir EXAMPLE
This module come with some scripts: t/*.t Just for check that this module is ok :-) smb2www-2.cgi A CGI interface with these features: o browse workgroup ,share, dir o read file o upload file o create directory o unlink file, directory COPYRIGHT
The Filesys-SmbClient module is Copyright (c) 1999-2003 Alain BARBET, France, alian at cpan.org. All rights reserved. You may distribute under the terms of either the GNU General Public License or the Artistic License, as specified in the Perl README file. perl v5.14.2 2006-09-13 SmbClient(3pm)