Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers remove all directories and sub-directories Post 302228663 by wempy on Monday 25th of August 2008 07:34:39 AM
Old 08-25-2008
And as a side-note, if you are on a Red-Hat based system, or any system that aliases rm to rm -i then to not expand the alias prepend a backslash in front of the command i.e.

\rm -r dir-to-delete

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if multiple directories exist else create missing directories

Hi , I 'm trying to check if multiple directories exist on a server, if not create the missing ones and print " creating missing directory. how to write this in a simple script, I have made my code complex if ; then taskStatus="Schema extract directory exists, checking if SQL,Count and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for parsing directories one level and finding directories older than n days

Hello all, Here's the deal...I have one directory with many subdirs and files. What I want to find out is who is keeping old files and directories...say files and dirs that they didn't use since a number of n days, only one level under the initial dir. Output to a file. A script for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all the directories, sub directories in a mount along with size in ascending order?

Hi , I am very new to unix as well as shell scripting. I have to write a script for the following requirement. In a particular mount, have to list all the directories and sub directories along with size of the directory and sub directory in ascending order. Please help me in this regard and many... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmakkena
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List directories and sub directories recursively excluding files

Hi, Please help me, how to get all the direcotries, its sub directories and its sub directories recursively, need to exclude all the files in the process. I wanted to disply using a unix command all the directories recursively excluding files. I tried 'ls -FR' but that display files as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pointers
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using grep command to find the pattern of text in all directories and sub-directories.

Hi all, Using grep command, i want to find the pattern of text in all directories and sub-directories. e.g: if i want to search for a pattern named "parmeter", i used the command grep -i "param" ../* is this correct? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinothrajan55
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current path except one directory?

Can anyone come up with a unix command that lists all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current directory except a folder called log.? Thank you in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath B
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List the directories, having given pattern in the directories name, sorted by creation date

It is for HP-Unix B.11.31. Requirement: 1. List the directories, having given pattern in the directories name, sorted by creation date. Example: Directories with name "pkg32*" or "pkg33*" 2. On the output of 1. list the directories by creation date as sort order, with creation date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving and moving files into directories, creating directories, etc.

how can i move "dataName".sql.gz into a folder called 'database' and then move "$fileName".tar.gz * .htaccess into a folder called 'www' with the entire gzipped file being "$fileName".tar.gz? Is this doable or overly complex. so mydemo--2015-03-23-1500.tar.gz > database -... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wyclef
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Giving read write permission to user for specific directories and sub directories.

I have searched this quite a long time but couldn't find the right method for me to use. I need to assign read write permission to the user for specific directories and it's sub directories and files. I do not want to use ACL. This is for Solaris. Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blinkingdan
1 Replies
RHNPLUGIN(8)							   Red Hat, Inc.						      RHNPLUGIN(8)

NAME
rhnplugin - Spacewalk/Red Hat Satellite support for yum(8). DESCRIPTION
rhnplugin provides Spacewalk support for yum(8) via its plugin architecture. A system registered with Spacewalk will be able to update and install packages from Spacewalk. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by RHN client programs. /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/rhnplugin.conf A file containing plugin specific configuration options. SEE ALSO
yum(8), rhn_check(8), rhn_register(8), rhnplugin.conf(5), up2date(5). AUTHORS
James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> and Peter Vetere <pvetere@redhat.com>. BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2006 November 13 RHNPLUGIN(8)