Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Javascript -> Shell Script
Top Forums Web Development Javascript -> Shell Script Post 302228432 by era on Sunday 24th of August 2008 01:08:55 PM
Old 08-24-2008
Shell script is kind of brittle when it comes to proper quoting of user-specified arguments etc so you need to be really careful here. Perhaps wrapping the call in PHP is not such a bad idea (although PHP too has a bit of a track record when it comes to security problems .... /me ducks) and make really really sure you use proper quoting everywhere in the script and in everything which invokes it. And keep in mind that security checks in JavaScript are ineffective; somebody could simply be connecting directly to the CGI script, without going through your form (or with JavaScript disabled).

As such, it's not very hard to split on & with IFS='&'. IFS=& query_string - Google Search brings up some matches but I would regard all of them with extreme suspicion. If you see a variable interpolation without double quotes around it, run away.

Last edited by era; 08-24-2008 at 02:13 PM.. Reason: Note that JavaScript input checking is ineffective

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Javascript: Edit a script ?

Hi, i got this script but when i hit reset i loose the times in the form box. Can someone please edit this script so when i hit reset i dont loose the times in the form box's and also have a button to reset everything, including the form boxs <script language="javascript"> // stopwatch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Shell script in javascript

All I want to call a KORN shell script inside a javascript. Is it possible ? Please help me to do this. I want to return or read from shell script in javascript. Thanx in advance Regards Deepak Xavier (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DeepakXavier
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use ssh execute other shell script on other host (shell script include nohup)?

i want use ssh on the host01 to execute autoexec.sh on the host02 like following : host01> ssh host02 autoexec.sh autoexec.sh include nohup command like follwing : nohup /home/jack/deletedata.sh & after i execute ssh host02 autoexec.sh one the host01. i can't found deletedata.sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orablue
1 Replies

4. Web Development

Why using this kind of format in Web Development <script type="text/javascript"><!-- ...//--></scrip

I am just wondering why do programmers are using this when programming the web? When you making a joomla templates and the more focus in your mind is to target the search engines then java is very important.Not to use that. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to use javascript as shell script

<html> <head> <title>Weather & Aviation Page - METAR decoder</title> <meta name="Title" content="Weather & Aviation Page - METAR decoder"> <meta name="Keywords" content="METAR decoder"> <meta name="Publisher" content="SkyStef"> <meta name="Description" content="SkyStefs weather and aviation... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuajay1988
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use javascript code in unix shell?

Hi Need help...I have wrritten one code for html through shell scripting in that i am using java scripts to validate some condition and open the html page without clicking the button.... Code Details echo "<script type="text/javascript">" echo "function exec_refresh()" echo "{" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: l_gshankar24
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to pass shell script variable to awk command in same shell script

I have a shell script (.sh) and I want to pass a parameter value to the awk command but I am getting exception, please assist. diff=$1$2.diff id=$2 new=new_$diff echo "My id is $1" echo "I want to sync for user account $id" ##awk command I am using is as below cat $diff | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashunayak
2 Replies

8. Web Development

Javascript to check field is empty then execute rest of script

I have found this bit of code that nearly does what I want. Basically 3 input fields, I want to copy t2 to t3 as it's typed but only if t1 contains data AND t3 is empty: <input type="text" id="t1" /> <input type="text" id="t2" /> <input type="text" id="t3" /> <script> var t2 =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write config shell script to pass variables in master shell script?

Dear Unix gurus, We have a config shell script file which has 30 variables which needs to be passed to master unix shell script that invokes oracle database sessions. So those 30 variables need to go through the database sessions (They are inputs) via a shell script. one of the variable name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dba1981
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use JavaScript in UNIX Shell scripting?

I want to navigate through a webpage and save that page in my system local automatically. How can I do that by using JavaScript in a Unix shell script. Any suggestions are welcome! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi3093
3 Replies
uri_urn(n)					    Tcl Uniform Resource Identifier Management						uri_urn(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uri_urn - URI utilities, URN scheme SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require uri::urn ?1.1.2? uri::urn::quote url uri::urn::unquote url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides two commands to quote and unquote the disallowed characters for url using the urn scheme, registers the scheme with the package uri, and provides internal helpers which will be automatically used by the commands uri::split and uri::join of package uri to handle urls using the urn scheme. COMMANDS
uri::urn::quote url This command quotes the characters disallowed by the urn scheme (per RFC 2141 sec2.2) in the url and returns the modified url as its result. uri::urn::unquote url This commands performs the reverse of ::uri::urn::quote. It takes an urn url, removes the quoting from all disallowed characters, and returns the modified urls as its result. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category uri of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
rfc 2141, uri, url, urn CATEGORY
Networking uri 1.1.2 uri_urn(n)