Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Javascript -> Shell Script
Top Forums Web Development Javascript -> Shell Script Post 302228383 by redoubtable on Sunday 24th of August 2008 07:25:53 AM
Old 08-24-2008
Side note: not all browsers allow you to execute shell commands through javascript (and enabling this is really dangerous). The only way javascript can ask for safe execution is on server-side using ajax -- this is used to make really dynamic pages which don't need page reload to retrieve information.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Javascript: Edit a script ?

Hi, i got this script but when i hit reset i loose the times in the form box. Can someone please edit this script so when i hit reset i dont loose the times in the form box's and also have a button to reset everything, including the form boxs <script language="javascript"> // stopwatch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Shell script in javascript

All I want to call a KORN shell script inside a javascript. Is it possible ? Please help me to do this. I want to return or read from shell script in javascript. Thanx in advance Regards Deepak Xavier (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DeepakXavier
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use ssh execute other shell script on other host (shell script include nohup)?

i want use ssh on the host01 to execute autoexec.sh on the host02 like following : host01> ssh host02 autoexec.sh autoexec.sh include nohup command like follwing : nohup /home/jack/deletedata.sh & after i execute ssh host02 autoexec.sh one the host01. i can't found deletedata.sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orablue
1 Replies

4. Web Development

Why using this kind of format in Web Development <script type="text/javascript"><!-- ...//--></scrip

I am just wondering why do programmers are using this when programming the web? When you making a joomla templates and the more focus in your mind is to target the search engines then java is very important.Not to use that. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to use javascript as shell script

<html> <head> <title>Weather & Aviation Page - METAR decoder</title> <meta name="Title" content="Weather & Aviation Page - METAR decoder"> <meta name="Keywords" content="METAR decoder"> <meta name="Publisher" content="SkyStef"> <meta name="Description" content="SkyStefs weather and aviation... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuajay1988
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use javascript code in unix shell?

Hi Need help...I have wrritten one code for html through shell scripting in that i am using java scripts to validate some condition and open the html page without clicking the button.... Code Details echo "<script type="text/javascript">" echo "function exec_refresh()" echo "{" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: l_gshankar24
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to pass shell script variable to awk command in same shell script

I have a shell script (.sh) and I want to pass a parameter value to the awk command but I am getting exception, please assist. diff=$1$2.diff id=$2 new=new_$diff echo "My id is $1" echo "I want to sync for user account $id" ##awk command I am using is as below cat $diff | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashunayak
2 Replies

8. Web Development

Javascript to check field is empty then execute rest of script

I have found this bit of code that nearly does what I want. Basically 3 input fields, I want to copy t2 to t3 as it's typed but only if t1 contains data AND t3 is empty: <input type="text" id="t1" /> <input type="text" id="t2" /> <input type="text" id="t3" /> <script> var t2 =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write config shell script to pass variables in master shell script?

Dear Unix gurus, We have a config shell script file which has 30 variables which needs to be passed to master unix shell script that invokes oracle database sessions. So those 30 variables need to go through the database sessions (They are inputs) via a shell script. one of the variable name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dba1981
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use JavaScript in UNIX Shell scripting?

I want to navigate through a webpage and save that page in my system local automatically. How can I do that by using JavaScript in a Unix shell script. Any suggestions are welcome! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi3093
3 Replies
javascript(n)						  HTML and Java Script Generation					     javascript(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
javascript - Procedures to generate HTML and Java Script structures. SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8 package require javascript ?1.0.2? ::javascript::makeSelectorWidget id leftLabel leftValueList rightLabel rightValueList rightNameList ?length? ?minWidth? ::javascript::makeSubmitButton name value ::javascript::makeProtectedSubmitButton name value msg ::javascript::makeMasterButton master value slavePattern boolean ::javascript::makeParentCheckbox parentName childName ::javascript::makeChildCheckbox parentName childName _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The ::javascript package provides commands that generate HTML and Java Script code. These commands typically return an HTML string as their result. In particular, they do not output their result to stdout. ::javascript::makeSelectorWidget id leftLabel leftValueList rightLabel rightValueList rightNameList ?length? ?minWidth? Construct HTML code to create a dual-multi-selection megawidget. This megawidget consists of two side-by-side multi-selection boxes separated by a left arrow and a right arrow button. The right arrow button moves all items selected in the left box to the right box. The left arrow button moves all items selected in the right box to the left box. The id argument is the suffix of all HTML objects in this megawidget. The leftLabel argument is the text that appears above the left selection box. The leftValueList argu- ment is the values of items in the left selection box. The leftNameList argument is the names to appear in the left selection box. The rightLabel argument is the text that appears above the right selection box. The rightValueList argument is the values of items in the right selection box. The rightNameList argument is the names to appear in the right selection box. The length argument (optional) determines the number of elts to show before adding a vertical scrollbar; it defaults to 8. The minWidth argument (optional) is the number of spaces to determine the minimum box width; it defaults to 32. ::javascript::makeSubmitButton name value Create an HTML submit button that resets a hidden field for each registered multi-selection box. The name argument is the name of the HTML button object to create. The value argument is the label of the HTML button object to create. ::javascript::makeProtectedSubmitButton name value msg Create an HTML submit button that prompts the user with a continue/cancel shutdown warning before the form is submitted. The name argument is the name of the HTML button object to create. The value argument is the label of the HTML button object to create. The msg argument is the message to display when the button is pressed. ::javascript::makeMasterButton master value slavePattern boolean Create an HTML button that sets its slave checkboxs to the boolean value. The master argument is the name of the child's parent html checkbox object. The value argument is the value of the master. The slaves argument is the name of child html checkbox object to create. The boolean argument is the java script boolean value that will be given to all the slaves; it must be "true" or "false". ::javascript::makeParentCheckbox parentName childName Create an HTML checkbox and tie its value to that of its child checkbox. If the parent is unchecked, the child is automatically unchecked. The parentName argument is the name of parent html checkbox object to create. The childName argument is the name of the parent's child html checkbox object. ::javascript::makeChildCheckbox parentName childName Create an HTML checkbox and tie its value to that of its parent checkbox. If the child is checked, the parent is automatically checked. The parentName argument is the name of the child's parent html checkbox object. The childName argument is the name of child html checkbox object to create. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category javascript of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
html, ncgi KEYWORDS
checkbox, html, javascript, selectionbox, submitbutton CATEGORY
CGI programming javascript 1.0.2 javascript(n)