Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help in extracting multiple files and taking average at same time Post 302228199 by vgersh99 on Saturday 23rd of August 2008 12:03:14 PM
Old 08-23-2008
Pls show the proof of the effort.

Last edited by vgersh99; 08-23-2008 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: jumping the gun - need to see the proof of the effort.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Average of elements throught multiple files

Hi, I got a lot of files looking like this: 1 0.5 6 All together there are ard 1'000'000 lines in each of the ard 100 files. I want to build the average for every line, and write the result to a new file. The averaging should start at a specific line, here for example at line... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: chillmaster
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Computing average values from multiple text files

Hi, first, I have searched in the forum for this, but I could not find the right answer. (There were some similar threads, but I was not sure how to adapt the ideas.) Anyway, I have a quite natural problem: Given are several text files. All files contain the same number of lines and the same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbredereck
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Taking a average of a column of numbers

Hey all, I am relatively poor at programming and unfortunately don't have time to read about programming at this current moment. I wanted to be able to run a simple command to read a column of numbers in a file and give me the average of those numbers. In addition if I could specify the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leonidsg
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Taking the average of two columns and printing it on a new column

Hi, I have a space delimited text file that looks like the following: Aa 100 200 Bb 300 100 Cc X 500 Dd 600 X Basically, I want to take the average of columns 2 and 3 and print it in column 4. However if there is an X in either column 2 or 3, I want to print the non-X value. Therefore... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Average of a column in multiple files

I have several sequential files with name stat.1000, stat.1001....to stat.1020 with a format like this 0.01 1 3822 4.97379915032e-14 4.96982253992e-09 0 0.01 3822 1 4.97379915032e-14 4.96982253992e-09 0 0.01 2 502 0.00993165137406 993.165137406 0 0.01 502 2 0.00993165137406 993.165137406 0... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayak
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete files older than x days and also taking an input for multiple paths

Hi , I am a newbie!!! I want to develop a script for deleting files older than x days from multiple paths. Now I could reach upto this piece of code which deletes files older than x days from a particular path. How do I enhance it to have an input from a .txt file or a .dat file? For eg:... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot get the correct ans. Using awk in taking average

Hi all, I think so I’m getting the result is wrong, while using following awk commend, colval=$(awk 'FNR>1 && NR==FNR{a=$4;next;} FNR>1 {a+=$4; print $2"\t"a/3}' filename_f.tsv filename_f2.tsv filename_f3.tsv) echo $colval >> Result.tsv it’s doing the condition 2 times, first result... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shenbaga.d
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

Du -sh command taking time to calculate the big size files

Hi , My linux server is taking more time to calculate big size from long time. * i am accessing server through ssh * commands # - du -sh * #du -sh * | sort -n | grep G Please guide me for fast way to find big size directories under to / partition Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nats
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Average of multiple time-stamped data every half hour

Hi All, Thank you for reading through my post and helping me figure out how I would be able to perform this task. For example: I have a list of continuous output collected into a file in the format as seen below: Date...........Time........C....A......... B ==========================... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: terrychen
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match first two columns and average third from multiple files

I have the following format of input from multiple files File 1 24.01 -81.01 1.0 24.02 -81.02 5.0 24.03 -81.03 0.0 File 2 24.01 -81.01 2.0 24.02 -81.02 -5.0 24.03 -81.03 10.0 I need to scan through the files and when the first 2 columns match I... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
18 Replies
WRAP-AND-SORT(1)					      General Commands Manual						  WRAP-AND-SORT(1)

NAME
wrap-and-sort - wrap long lines and sort items in Debian packaging files SYNOPSIS
wrap-and-sort [options] DESCRIPTION
wrap-and-sort wraps the package lists in Debian control files. By default the lists will only split into multiple lines if the entries are longer than 80 characters. wrap-and-sort sorts the package lists in Debian control files and all .install files. Beside that wrap-and-sort removes trailing spaces in these files. This script should be run in the root of a Debian package tree. It searches for control, control.in, copyright, copyright.in, install, and *.install in the debian directory. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show this help message and exit. -a, --wrap-always Wrap all package lists in the Debian control file even if the entries are shorter than 80 characters and could fit in one line line. -s, --short-indent Only indent wrapped lines by one space (default is in-line with the field name). -b, --sort-binary-packages Sort binary package paragraphs by name. -k, --keep-first When sorting binary package paragraphs, leave the first one at the top. Unqualified debhelper(7) configuration files are applied to the first package. -n, --no-cleanup Do not remove trailing whitespaces. -d path, --debian-directory=path Location of the debian directory (default: ./debian). -f file, --file=file Wrap and sort only the specified file. You can specify this parameter multiple times. All supported files will be processed if no files are specified. -v, --verbose Print all files that are touched. AUTHORS
wrap-and-sort and this manpage have been written by Benjamin Drung <bdrung@debian.org>. Both are released under the ISC license. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities WRAP-AND-SORT(1)