Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers remove all directories and sub-directories Post 302227426 by priyam on Thursday 21st of August 2008 08:01:07 AM
Old 08-21-2008
Try this ...

You can also do

rm -r <directory_name>

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if multiple directories exist else create missing directories

Hi , I 'm trying to check if multiple directories exist on a server, if not create the missing ones and print " creating missing directory. how to write this in a simple script, I have made my code complex if ; then taskStatus="Schema extract directory exists, checking if SQL,Count and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for parsing directories one level and finding directories older than n days

Hello all, Here's the deal...I have one directory with many subdirs and files. What I want to find out is who is keeping old files and directories...say files and dirs that they didn't use since a number of n days, only one level under the initial dir. Output to a file. A script for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all the directories, sub directories in a mount along with size in ascending order?

Hi , I am very new to unix as well as shell scripting. I have to write a script for the following requirement. In a particular mount, have to list all the directories and sub directories along with size of the directory and sub directory in ascending order. Please help me in this regard and many... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmakkena
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List directories and sub directories recursively excluding files

Hi, Please help me, how to get all the direcotries, its sub directories and its sub directories recursively, need to exclude all the files in the process. I wanted to disply using a unix command all the directories recursively excluding files. I tried 'ls -FR' but that display files as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pointers
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using grep command to find the pattern of text in all directories and sub-directories.

Hi all, Using grep command, i want to find the pattern of text in all directories and sub-directories. e.g: if i want to search for a pattern named "parmeter", i used the command grep -i "param" ../* is this correct? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinothrajan55
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current path except one directory?

Can anyone come up with a unix command that lists all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current directory except a folder called log.? Thank you in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath B
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List the directories, having given pattern in the directories name, sorted by creation date

It is for HP-Unix B.11.31. Requirement: 1. List the directories, having given pattern in the directories name, sorted by creation date. Example: Directories with name "pkg32*" or "pkg33*" 2. On the output of 1. list the directories by creation date as sort order, with creation date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving and moving files into directories, creating directories, etc.

how can i move "dataName".sql.gz into a folder called 'database' and then move "$fileName".tar.gz * .htaccess into a folder called 'www' with the entire gzipped file being "$fileName".tar.gz? Is this doable or overly complex. so mydemo--2015-03-23-1500.tar.gz > database -... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wyclef
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Giving read write permission to user for specific directories and sub directories.

I have searched this quite a long time but couldn't find the right method for me to use. I need to assign read write permission to the user for specific directories and it's sub directories and files. I do not want to use ACL. This is for Solaris. Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blinkingdan
1 Replies
condor_preen(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   condor_preen(1)

Name
       condor_preen remove - extraneous files from Condor directories

Synopsis
       condor_preen [-mail] [-remove] [-verbose]

Description
       condor_preenexamines  the  directories belonging to Condor, and removes extraneous files and directories which may be left over from Condor
       processes which terminated abnormally either due to internal errors or a system crash. The directories checked are the  LOG  ,	EXECUTE  ,
       and   SPOOL directories as defined in the Condor configuration files. condor_preenis intended to be run as user	root or user  condor peri-
       odically as a backup method to ensure reasonable file system cleanliness in the face of errors. This is done automatically  by  default	by
       the condor_masterdaemon. It may also be explicitly invoked on an as needed basis.

When  condor_preencleans the  SPOOL directory, it always leaves behind the files specified in the configuration variable  VALID_SPOOL_FILES
       as given by the configuration. For the  LOG directory, the only files removed or reported are those listed within the  configuration  vari-
       able   INVALID_LOG_FILES  list. The reason for this difference is that, in general, the files in the  LOG directory ought to be left alone,
       with few exceptions. An example of exceptions are core files. As there are new log files introduced regularly, it is less effort to specify
       those that ought to be removed than those that are not to be removed.

Options
       -mail

Send mail to the user defined in the	PREEN_ADMIN configuration variable, instead of writing to the standard output.

-remove

Remove the offending files and directories rather than reporting on them.

-verbose

List all files found in the Condor directories, even those which are not considered extraneous.

Exit Status
       condor_preenwill exit with a status value of 0 (zero) upon success, and it will exit with the value 1 (one) upon failure.

Author
       Condor Team, University of Wisconsin-Madison

Copyright
       Copyright  (C)  1990-2012  Condor  Team,  Computer  Sciences Department, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI. All Rights Reserved.
       Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.

See the Condor Version 7.8.2 Manualor http://www.condorproject.org/licensefor additional notices. condor-admin@cs.wisc.edu

September 2012						   condor_preen(1)