Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to send mail from unix?? Post 302227293 by sakthifire on Thursday 21st of August 2008 02:52:04 AM
Old 08-21-2008
#! /bin/ksh
#By Sakthifire
#TO send email
#regarding disk space

export FROM_ADDR="Sakthifire"
export TO_ADDR="emailid@mail.com"
CUR_DIR=/home/mail

send_mail()
{
for addr in $TO_ADDR
do
echo "From: $FROM_ADDR" > $CUR_DIR/mail.txt
echo "To: $TO_ADDR" >> $CUR_DIR/mail.txt
echo "Subject: Sending email">> $CUR_DIR/mail.txt
# here you can implement your logic to check the size of the folder
# redirect it to a mail.txt
echo "" >> $CUR_DIR/espmail.txt
echo "This is a automated email.Please don't reply to it ." >>$CUR_DIR/mail.txt
sendmail $addr < $CUR_DIR/espmail.txt
done
rm mail.txt
}
send_mail

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note : Please change the CUR_DIR , FROM_ADDR & TO_ADDR as per your need . You can have multiple sender email ids seperated by a space in TO_ADDR .

~Sakthifire

Last edited by sakthifire; 08-21-2008 at 05:52 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can not send mail from unix server to company/yahoo mail

hi, Gurus, I need some help with sending mail out from my UNIX server: It is running Solaris 2.6 and the sendmail version is 8.8. Output of :/usr/lib/sendmail -d0.1 -bt < /dev/null Version 8.8.8+Sun Compiled with: LOG MATCHGECOS MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND NDBM NETINET ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b5fnpct
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I am not able to send mail form unix to other mail accounts.

Using Mailx command i.e mailx -s "subject" chinni@hotmail.com < \tmp\chin this command executed sucessfully but not able to receive the mail in chinni@hotmail.com please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chinnigd
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send a mail in UNIX

Hi, I need to write one unix script gor sending a mail notification. I have to pass the followinf as arguments,from ,to,subject,messege body Can i use mailx....Please provide the code Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send mail in Unix

Hi, I am able to generate the log file from my shell file. How can i send the content of the log file through mail to some one. Raja (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: konankir
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Req the mail send from unix script

Hi , I want to send mail in my script when i am not a super user. Can some one help me on that .. Regards, Balamani (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Balamani
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix script to check if rsh to box and send status mail

rshstatus=`rsh -n lilo /db/p2/oracle/names9208/restart_names.sh` if $rshstatus <>0 then errstatus=1 mailx -s "xirsol8dr" ordba@xxx.com >> $log_dr else if errstatus=0 echo "status to xirsol8dr successful" can anyone provide if this is t he correct way to do this or is there a better way? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bpm12
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run a script using cron job and send the output as attachment via e-mail using unix

how to run a script using cron job and send the output as attachment via e-mail using unix. please help me. how my cron job entry should be? As of now my cron job entry is to run the script at specific time, 15 03 * * * /path/sample.sh | mail -s "Logs" email_id In the above entry, what... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

send mail through Unix

Hi Can any one please help me how to send mail through unix. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I send a mail from my outlook or other mail accounts to UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can send from the unix server to my outlook account, I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to write a UNIX script to send a mail to the respective individual users about their groups?

Hi Team, I got a requirement to send a mail to the individual users of a unix server about their respective groups. can some one help me to provide the script as I am unable to write that. I tried with below lines but I come out with errors. cat /etc/passwd | awk -F':' '{ print $1}' |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshabag
6 Replies
CURLOPT_MAIL_FROM(3)					     curl_easy_setopt options					      CURLOPT_MAIL_FROM(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_MAIL_FROM - SMTP sender address SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_MAIL_FROM, char *from); DESCRIPTION
Pass a pointer to a zero terminated string as parameter. This should be used to specify the sender's email address when sending SMTP mail with libcurl. An originator email address should be specified with angled brackets (<>) around it, which if not specified will be added automatically. If this parameter is not specified then an empty address will be sent to the mail server which may cause the email to be rejected. The application does not have to keep the string around after setting this option. DEFAULT
blank PROTOCOLS
SMTP EXAMPLE
TODO AVAILABILITY
Added in 7.20.0 RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not, or CURLE_OUT_OF_MEMORY if there was insufficient heap space. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_MAIL_RCPT(3), CURLOPT_MAIL_AUTH(3), libcurl 7.54.0 December 21, 2016 CURLOPT_MAIL_FROM(3)