Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to send mail from unix?? Post 302227286 by sakthifire on Thursday 21st of August 2008 02:31:31 AM
Old 08-21-2008
Hi deepa
If you need other way to coding in Unix to send mail , I can help you .

~Sakthifire

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can not send mail from unix server to company/yahoo mail

hi, Gurus, I need some help with sending mail out from my UNIX server: It is running Solaris 2.6 and the sendmail version is 8.8. Output of :/usr/lib/sendmail -d0.1 -bt < /dev/null Version 8.8.8+Sun Compiled with: LOG MATCHGECOS MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND NDBM NETINET ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b5fnpct
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I am not able to send mail form unix to other mail accounts.

Using Mailx command i.e mailx -s "subject" chinni@hotmail.com < \tmp\chin this command executed sucessfully but not able to receive the mail in chinni@hotmail.com please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chinnigd
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send a mail in UNIX

Hi, I need to write one unix script gor sending a mail notification. I have to pass the followinf as arguments,from ,to,subject,messege body Can i use mailx....Please provide the code Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send mail in Unix

Hi, I am able to generate the log file from my shell file. How can i send the content of the log file through mail to some one. Raja (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: konankir
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Req the mail send from unix script

Hi , I want to send mail in my script when i am not a super user. Can some one help me on that .. Regards, Balamani (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Balamani
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix script to check if rsh to box and send status mail

rshstatus=`rsh -n lilo /db/p2/oracle/names9208/restart_names.sh` if $rshstatus <>0 then errstatus=1 mailx -s "xirsol8dr" ordba@xxx.com >> $log_dr else if errstatus=0 echo "status to xirsol8dr successful" can anyone provide if this is t he correct way to do this or is there a better way? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bpm12
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run a script using cron job and send the output as attachment via e-mail using unix

how to run a script using cron job and send the output as attachment via e-mail using unix. please help me. how my cron job entry should be? As of now my cron job entry is to run the script at specific time, 15 03 * * * /path/sample.sh | mail -s "Logs" email_id In the above entry, what... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

send mail through Unix

Hi Can any one please help me how to send mail through unix. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I send a mail from my outlook or other mail accounts to UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can send from the unix server to my outlook account, I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to write a UNIX script to send a mail to the respective individual users about their groups?

Hi Team, I got a requirement to send a mail to the individual users of a unix server about their respective groups. can some one help me to provide the script as I am unable to write that. I tried with below lines but I come out with errors. cat /etc/passwd | awk -F':' '{ print $1}' |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshabag
6 Replies
escape(1)							Mail Avenger 0.8.3							 escape(1)

NAME
escape - escape shell special characters in a string SYNOPSIS
escape string DESCRIPTION
escape prepends a "" character to all shell special characters in string, making it safe to compose a shell command with the result. EXAMPLES
The following is a contrived example showing how one can unintentionally end up executing the contents of a string: $ var='; echo gotcha!' $ eval echo hi $var hi gotcha! $ Using escape, one can avoid executing the contents of $var: $ eval echo hi `escape "$var"` hi ; echo gotcha! $ A less contrived example is passing arguments to Mail Avenger bodytest commands containing possibly unsafe environment variables. For example, you might write a hypothetical reject_bcc script to reject mail not explicitly addressed to the recipient: #!/bin/sh formail -x to -x cc -x resent-to -x resent-cc | fgrep "$1" > /dev/null && exit 0 echo "<$1>.. address does not accept blind carbon copies" exit 100 To invoke this script, passing it the recipient address as an argument, you would need to put the following in your Mail Avenger rcpt script: bodytest reject_bcc `escape "$RECIPIENT"` SEE ALSO
avenger(1), The Mail Avenger home page: <http://www.mailavenger.org/>. BUGS
escape is designed for the Bourne shell, which is what Mail Avenger scripts use. escape might or might not work with other shells. AUTHOR
David Mazieres Mail Avenger 0.8.3 2012-04-05 escape(1)