Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Renaming the File in UNIX
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Renaming the File in UNIX Post 302226529 by prashant43 on Tuesday 19th of August 2008 07:16:25 AM
Old 08-19-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyadhar85
dear prashant,
this code will move the original file but he want to rename it not to move i guess...
Dear vidydhar,

thanks for reminding....

If he want to keep original file, he can use
cp sample.F1.Test sample.csv

Regards
Prashant

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Utility or script for renaming files on UNIX web server

Greetings! Does anyone know of a utility or a script for renaming files on a UNIX web server? I've seen several of these types of renaming utilities for Windows, but none for UNIX. I have 10,000 files that I need to rename in a several tier (deep) web site directory. I have the original... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: everettr
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Utility or script for renaming files on UNIX web server

Greetings! Does anyone know of a utility or a script for renaming files on a UNIX web server? I've seen several of these types of renaming utilities for Windows, but none for UNIX. I have 10,000 files that I need to rename in a several tier (deep) web site directory. I have the original... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: everettr
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming a file use another file as a sequence calling a shl

have this shl that will FTP a file from the a directory in windows to UNIX, It get the name of the file stored in this variable $UpLoadFileName then put in the local directory LocalDir="${MPATH}/xxxxx/dat_files" that part seems to be working, but then I need to take that file and rename, I am using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rechever
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File renaming from list of names contained in another file

I have to rename a large number of files so that the name of each file corresponds to a code number that is given side by side in a list (textfile). The list contains in column A the filename of the actual files to be renamed and in column B the name (a client code, 9 digits) that has to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: netfreighter
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming a file (non unix person)

I am trying to move a file to a new file with a datestamp in the filename on a unix server using a script I am trying to write. I have searched this forum and have tried 100 different variations but cannot solve my problem. My requirement is: Rename archiveSF\sfglsoarian.txt to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cavleader
3 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Renaming serial ports in unix

Hello everyone, this is my first post and I am by no means a unix expert, so I hope I explain my issue well. I'm on a mac (mac mini), 10.7. My question is about serial port names. I have an arduino microcontroller plugged in via usb, and every time the computer is shut down it gives the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: superliminal
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote renaming of a unix file via ftp

Hi all, i'm just after some help regarding a batch script. I'm wanting to create a windows batch script which will push a file from my pc to a unix (AIX) system via ftp. i have this part working fine but as the file i'm sending already exists i want the script to also take a sideways copy of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: forefather1977
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Renaming Multiple Files in Unix

I have mulitiple files in a unix directory e.g. FILE10001.txt FILE10002.txt I want the above two files to get renamed as by a single command. I tried with mv but it does not work FILE20001.txt FILE20002.txt Paresh (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pash
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming file and check for the renamed file existence

Hi Am trying to move a file from one name to another When I do "ls" to check for the moved filename I can see the file but when I try the same with a script am unable.. I think am doing some pretty silly error.. please help.. toMove=`ls | grep -E "partition.+"` mv $toMove partition._org... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX :renaming the files present in the directory

Hi all, I am looking for a script which renames all the files from the present directory. Eg.: In unix directory contains the below files linux001.txt linux002.txt linux003.txt ...... ....... Now the files should be renamed to unix001.txt unix002.txt unix003.txt Could anyone... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
8 Replies
Packet sample action in tc(8)					       Linux					     Packet sample action in tc(8)

NAME
sample - packet sampling tc action SYNOPSIS
tc ... action sample rate RATE group GROUP [ trunc SIZE ] [ index INDEX ] tc ... action sample index INDEX DESCRIPTION
The sample action allows sampling packets matching classifier. The packets are chosen randomly according to the rate parameter, and are sampled using the psample generic netlink channel. The user can also specify packet truncation to save user-kernel traffic. Each sample includes some informative metadata about the original packet, which is sent using netlink attributes, alongside the original packet data. The user can either specify the sample action parameters as presented in the first form above, or use an existing sample action using its index, as presented in the second form. SAMPLED PACKETS METADATA FIELDS
The metadata are delivered to userspace applications using the psample generic netlink channel, where each sample includes the following netlink attributes: PSAMPLE_ATTR_IIFINDEX The input interface index of the packet, if there is one. PSAMPLE_ATTR_OIFINDEX The output interface index of the packet. This field is not relevant on ingress sampling PSAMPLE_ATTR_ORIGSIZE The size of the original packet (before truncation) PSAMPLE_ATTR_SAMPLE_GROUP The psample group the packet was sent to PSAMPLE_ATTR_GROUP_SEQ A sequence number of the sampled packet. This number is incremented with each sampled packet of the current psample group PSAMPLE_ATTR_SAMPLE_RATE The rate the packet was sampled with OPTIONS
rate RATE The packet sample rate. RATE is the expected ratio between observed packets and sampled packets. For example, RATE of 100 will lead to an average of one sampled packet out of every 100 observed. trunc SIZE Upon set, defines the maximum size of the sampled packets, and causes truncation if needed group GROUP The psample group the packet will be sent to. The psample module defines the concept of groups, which allows the user to match spe- cific sampled packets in the case of multiple sampling rules, thus identify only the packets that came from a specific rule. index INDEX Is a unique ID for an action. When creating new action instance, this parameter allows to set the new action index. When using existing action, this parameter allows to specify the existing action index. The index must 32bit unsigned integer greater than zero. EXAMPLES
Sample one of every 100 packets flowing into interface eth0 to psample group 12: tc qdisc add dev eth0 handle ffff: ingress tc filter add dev eth0 parent ffff: matchall action sample rate 100 group 12 index 19 Use the same action instance to sample eth1 too: tc qdisc add dev eth1 handle ffff: ingress tc filter add dev eth1 parent ffff: matchall action sample index 19 SEE ALSO
tc(8), tc-matchall(8) psample(1) iproute2 31 Jan 2017 Packet sample action in tc(8)