Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Renaming the File in UNIX
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Renaming the File in UNIX Post 302226492 by prashant43 on Tuesday 19th of August 2008 06:05:08 AM
Old 08-19-2008
Try
mv sample.F1.Test sample.csv
mv test.F1.Test test.csv

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Utility or script for renaming files on UNIX web server

Greetings! Does anyone know of a utility or a script for renaming files on a UNIX web server? I've seen several of these types of renaming utilities for Windows, but none for UNIX. I have 10,000 files that I need to rename in a several tier (deep) web site directory. I have the original... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: everettr
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Utility or script for renaming files on UNIX web server

Greetings! Does anyone know of a utility or a script for renaming files on a UNIX web server? I've seen several of these types of renaming utilities for Windows, but none for UNIX. I have 10,000 files that I need to rename in a several tier (deep) web site directory. I have the original... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: everettr
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming a file use another file as a sequence calling a shl

have this shl that will FTP a file from the a directory in windows to UNIX, It get the name of the file stored in this variable $UpLoadFileName then put in the local directory LocalDir="${MPATH}/xxxxx/dat_files" that part seems to be working, but then I need to take that file and rename, I am using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rechever
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File renaming from list of names contained in another file

I have to rename a large number of files so that the name of each file corresponds to a code number that is given side by side in a list (textfile). The list contains in column A the filename of the actual files to be renamed and in column B the name (a client code, 9 digits) that has to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: netfreighter
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming a file (non unix person)

I am trying to move a file to a new file with a datestamp in the filename on a unix server using a script I am trying to write. I have searched this forum and have tried 100 different variations but cannot solve my problem. My requirement is: Rename archiveSF\sfglsoarian.txt to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cavleader
3 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Renaming serial ports in unix

Hello everyone, this is my first post and I am by no means a unix expert, so I hope I explain my issue well. I'm on a mac (mac mini), 10.7. My question is about serial port names. I have an arduino microcontroller plugged in via usb, and every time the computer is shut down it gives the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: superliminal
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote renaming of a unix file via ftp

Hi all, i'm just after some help regarding a batch script. I'm wanting to create a windows batch script which will push a file from my pc to a unix (AIX) system via ftp. i have this part working fine but as the file i'm sending already exists i want the script to also take a sideways copy of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: forefather1977
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Renaming Multiple Files in Unix

I have mulitiple files in a unix directory e.g. FILE10001.txt FILE10002.txt I want the above two files to get renamed as by a single command. I tried with mv but it does not work FILE20001.txt FILE20002.txt Paresh (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pash
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming file and check for the renamed file existence

Hi Am trying to move a file from one name to another When I do "ls" to check for the moved filename I can see the file but when I try the same with a script am unable.. I think am doing some pretty silly error.. please help.. toMove=`ls | grep -E "partition.+"` mv $toMove partition._org... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX :renaming the files present in the directory

Hi all, I am looking for a script which renames all the files from the present directory. Eg.: In unix directory contains the below files linux001.txt linux002.txt linux003.txt ...... ....... Now the files should be renamed to unix001.txt unix002.txt unix003.txt Could anyone... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
8 Replies
cachefslog(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    cachefslog(1M)

NAME
cachefslog - Cache File System logging SYNOPSIS
cachefslog [-f logfile | -h] cachefs_mount_point DESCRIPTION
The cachefslog command displays where CacheFS statistics are being logged. Optionally, it sets where CacheFS statistics are being logged, or it halts logging for a cache specified by cachefs_mount_point. The cachefs_mount_point argument is a mount point of a cache file system. All file systems cached under the same cache as cachefs_mount_point will be logged. OPTIONS
The following options are supported. You must be super-user to use the -f and -h options. -f logfile Specify the log file to be used. -h Halt logging. OPERANDS
cachefs_mount_point A mount point of a cache file system. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of cachefslog when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Checking the Logging of a directory. The example below checks if the directory /home/sam is being logged: example% cachefslog /home/sam not logged: /home/sam Example 2: Changing the logfile. The example below changes the logfile of /home/sam to /var/tmp/samlog: example# cachefslog -f /var/tmp/samlog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 3: Verifying the change of a logfile. The example below verifies the change of the previous example: example% cachefslog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 4: Halting the logging of a directory. The example below halts logging for the /home/sam directory: example# cachefslog -h /home/sam not logged: /home/sam EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 success non-zero an error has occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cachefsstat(1M), cachefswssize(1M), cfsadmin(1M), attributes(5), largefile(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Invalid path It is illegal to specify a path within a cache file system. SunOS 5.10 7 Feb 1997 cachefslog(1M)