Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Change Specific Line of a File Post 302226346 by era on Monday 18th of August 2008 06:18:08 PM
Old 08-18-2008
Probably your version of sed is different; OSX is traditionally BSD based.

Try this:

Code:
sed '1c\
koo\
' test.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change a specific character in a file

Hi, I have a data file with following structure: a|b|c|d|3|f1|f2|f3 a|b|c|d|5|f1|f2|f3|f4|f5 I want to change this data to: a|b|c|d|3|f1;f2;f3 a|b|c|d|5|f1;f2;f3;f4;f5 Data in column 5 tells the number of following fields. All fields delimiter after the 5th column needs to be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdubey
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to change/find/delete/install a specific file

Hi Very much a newbie to UNIX & scripting, but have identified an area within work that would benefit from being automated, as its repeated manually very often, and it looks like the ideal first script! What I need to do is change directory to a users home (cd ~), and then find and remove a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Great Uncle Kip
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change specific ip address in a file

I need to change a line from a xen cfg file using sed if it's possible. The original line is: vif = I want to change ONLY the IP address of the second part ==> ip=10.1.10.4 to another IP --> ip=192.222.11.6 The first one ip=123.456.789.123 keeps untouchable. My new line shoud... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change a number on a specific lines in a file with shell?

Hello My problem is that I want to change some specific numbers in a file. It is like, 2009 10 3 2349 21.3 L 40.719 27.388 10.8 FRO 7 0.8 1.1LFRO 2.6CFRO 1.1LMAM1 GAP=157 1.69 5.7 5.9 5.8 0.5405E+01 0.4455E+00 0.1653E+02E STAT SP IPHASW D HRMM SECON CODA AMPLIT... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: miriammiriam
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change a number on a specific line with cshell or shell?

Hello all, I need to change a number in a file by adding some residuals respectively To make it clear, I need to add 0.11 to the number between 24-28 (which is below the SECON) for all the lines starting with FRR1 or I need to add 0.13 to the number between 24-28 (which is below the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: miriammiriam
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I search and change an specific string in a file

Dear All, New to Linux/Unix OS, my Linux version is 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux As titled, I wonder if you can help to provide a solution to find and change an specific string in a file The file include a lots of data in following configuration but might be various in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: axel
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change specific value for a entry in the file

Hello All, can someone please suggest me a one line command to change a specific value that is associated to an entry in the file. for example #more schedulefile quartz.job.manual.bonus.schedule=0 0 9 ? * * # it should be changed to #more schedulefile... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To change Specific Lines in An XML file

hi Guys, this is my requirement, there is a huge xml file of this i have to change 3 lines with out opening the file /users/oracle > cat lnxdb-pts-454.xml|egrep "s_virtual|s_cluster|s_dlsnstatus" <cluster_port oa_var="s_clusterServicePort">9998</cluster_port> <host... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarlaku
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific line in an html file starting and ending with specific pattern to a text file

Hi This is my first post and I'm just a beginner. So please be nice to me. I have a couple of html files where a pattern beginning with "http://www.site.com" and ending with "/resource.dat" is present on every 241st line. How do I extract this to a new text file? I have tried sed -n 241,241p... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dejavo
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to change specific string to new value if found in text file

I am trying to use awk to change a specific string in a field, if it is found, to another value. In the tab-delimited file the text in bold in $3 contains the string 23, which is always right before a ., if it is present. I am trying to change that string to X, keeping the formatting and the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
metacity(1)							   User Commands						       metacity(1)

NAME
metacity, metacity--theme-viewer - GNOME desktop window manager, theme viewer for the metacity window manager themes SYNOPSIS
metacity [--sm-disable] [--sm-save-file=filename] [--display=display] [--replace] [--version] metacity-theme-viewer [theme-name] DESCRIPTION
metacity is a fully integrated window manager that uses GTK+ for UI elements. metacity communicates closely with the panel and other desk- top elements. To configure metacity, use the GNOME preferences dialogs. metacity-theme-viewer is an application for testing and displaying metacity themes. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --display=displaSpecify the remote X Display to be used by the window manager, where display is in the following format: hostname:displaynumber.screennumber --help Display detailed usage message. You can also use -? to specify this option. --replace A metacity started with the ---replaceoption will replace an existing metacity. --sm-disable Disable the connection to the session manager. --sm-save-file=fSpecifies the session management file to be used. By default, the $HOME/.metacity/sessions file is used. --version Display the version information for the metacity command. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: -theme-name Specifies the theme that metacity should use. If no theme is specified on the metacity-theme-viewer command line, metacity loads the Crux theme. An error message is displayed if the theme does not exist. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Starting metacity From the Command Line When a metacity is Already Running example% metacity --replace Example 2: Starting metacity With a Non-Default Session Management File example% metacity --sm-save-file=filename EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/metacity The command-line executable for the application. /usr/bin/metacity--themeTheecommand-line executable for the application. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-wm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. NOTES
Written by Laszlo Kovacs, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 2 Oct 2003 metacity(1)