Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Best way to diff two huge directory trees Post 302224305 by Annihilannic on Tuesday 12th of August 2008 09:54:06 PM
Old 08-12-2008
sort the checksum files by filename before you diff them.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to look in directory for files with diff date

What kind of command can i use to search a directory and subdirectories for all files that do not have the same date? i want to find any files that do not match a date of Sep 13, 2002? Or that have a different owner or group? Any help appreciated! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
2 Replies

2. Programming

what is diff b/w near ,far and huge pointers

helo, can u tell me what is exact difference among near,far and huge pointer Amit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to rsync or tar directory trees, with hidden directory, but without files?

I want to backup all the directory tress, including hidden directories, without copying any files. find . -type d gives the perfect list. When I tried tar, it won't work for me because it tars all the files. find . -type d | xargs tar -cvf a.tar So i tried rsync. On my own test box, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fld2007
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Diff - filename and directory name are same

Hi, I have in the one folder file and directory that have same name. I need make diff from first directory where exists file in folder FOLDER/filename and second file where not exist folder, but FOLDER is filename. I use -N switch for create new file. Scripts report: Not a directory Sample:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomix
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fine Tune - Huge files/directory - Purging

Hi Expert's, I need your assitance in tunning one script. I have a mount point where almost 4848008 files and 864739 directories are present. The script search for specific pattern files and specfic period then delete them to free up space. The script is designed to run daily and its taking around... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil.ak
19 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking whether the file exists under a directory and doing a diff

Hi Everyone, I am writing a shell script for the below needs and would like your suggestions and advices. I have a lot of scripting files(Shell Scripts) under the directory: /home/risk_dev/dev I have another directory which has a lot of shell scripts under the directory: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy very large directory trees

I have constant trouble with XCOPY/s for multi-gigabyte transfers. I need a utility like XCOPY/S that remembers where it left off if I reboot. Is there such a utility? How about a free utility (free as in free beer)? How about an md5sum sanity check too? I posted the above query in another... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh - Checking directory trees containing wild cards

Hi Can somebody please show me how to check from within a KSH script if a directory exists on that same host when parts of the directory tree are unknown? If these wildcard dirs were the only dirs at that level then ... RETCODE=$(ls -l /u01/app/oracle/local/*/* | grep target_dir) ... will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: user052009
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need help with listing file name and modified date on a huge directory

hi, We have a huge directory that ha 5.1 Million files in it. We are trying to get the file name and modified timestamp of the most recent 3 years from this huge directory for a migration project. However, the ls command (background process) to list the file names and timestamp is running for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subbu
2 Replies
sccs-sccsdiff(1)                                                   User Commands                                                  sccs-sccsdiff(1)

NAME
sccs-sccsdiff, sccsdiff - compare two versions of an SCCS file SYNOPSIS
/usr/ccs/bin/sccsdiff [-p] -rsid -rsid [diff-options] s.filename DESCRIPTION
sccsdiff compares two versions of an SCCS file and displays the differences between the two versions. Any number of SCCS files may be spec- ified. The options specified apply to all named s.files. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -p Pipe output for each file through pr(1). -rsid Specify a version corresponding to the indicated SCCS delta ID (SID) for comparison. Versions are passed to diff(1) in the order given. diff-options Pass options to diff(1), including: -b, -c, -e, -f, -h, -u, -C number, -U number, and -D string. FILES
/tmp/get????? temporary files ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsprot | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
diff(1), sccs(1), sccs-delta(1), sccs-get(1), sccs-help(1), sccs-prs(1), sccs-prt(1), what(1), sccsfile(4), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
filename: No differences If the two versions are the same. Use the SCCS help command for explanations of other messages. See sccs-help(1). SunOS 5.10 28 Sep 2001 sccs-sccsdiff(1)