Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris Top Command
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris Top Command Post 302224072 by maooah on Tuesday 12th of August 2008 07:23:38 AM
Old 08-12-2008
Solaris Top Command

hi all

anyone can help me to enable top command on solaris 9 version

Regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to Install Solaris 10 on top of Windows system

Hi Guru's, Since Iam learning Solaris 10 and want to instal it on to my computer in which 'Windows' is already installed. Also many other applications including Oracle, Java etc,. were also installed associated with Windows. Now how can I install Solaris 10 on my system with out affecting my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Solaris

top for Solaris 10

I need some information for the top statistics being displayed in Solaris 10 they look like the following CPU states: 92.0% idle, 3.3% user, 4.7% kernel, 0.0% iowait, 0.0% swap Memory: 8192M real, 216M free, 9208M swap in use, 1236M swap free I need to know what does 0.0% swap means.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raman1605
1 Replies

3. Solaris

syslogd 30% utilization in top, solaris 9

Hi folks, Sorry to barge in and ask a question right off the bat without contributing first. I have a V440, 4 X 1GHZ, 32GB ram, and recently syslogd has started showing 30+ % cpu usage. It's also repeating entries in the syslog, over and over. the /var/log/syslog file had grown to over 2GB - I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chugheshc
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

start top command in "solaris mode"

Ever noticed that using the top command on a multiple cpu box can often give totally misleading answers, like 230%, when you think that 100% should be the max? Well, that's because top has a bizarre mode called "Irix mode" wherein if you have 4 cpus, the %CPU column of top can go up to 400%. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fabulous2
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Looking for the top Solaris specific commands

I am changing jobs and need to know a little about Solaris specific commands. I come from AIX and we have commands like errpt, smit, and lsattr that are AIX specific. Any help is appreciated. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: biznatch
4 Replies

6. AIX

Top command in AIX 4.2 (no topas, no nmon, no top)?

Is there a 'top' command equivalent in AIX 4.2 ? I already checked and I do not see the following ones anywhere: top nmon topas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to find the Memory and CPU utilization using 'top' command

Hi all, I found like top command could be used to find the Memory and CPU utilization. But i want to know how to find the Memory and CPU utilization for a particular user using top command. Thanks in advance. Thanks, Ananthi.U (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananthi_ku
2 Replies

8. Solaris

HELP - memory usage on Solaris : ps -efl and top

Hi all, OS Version: SunOS <hostname> 5.10 Generic_142900-13 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-T6340 I need some expert guidance on investigating memory usage on Solaris. I want to know whether am interpreting the output from ps -efl correctly and whether the command top is showing the right... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris Crontab & TOP output

Hello Guru's I'm trying to take the output of solaris top command and output to a txt file every few minutes. The issue that I'm experiencing is that I can run the following: #!/bin/bash # logfile="/usr/mvf/morris/top.log" # echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlemorris
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)