Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming JAVA - External JAR files in UNIX Post 302222989 by satish2712 on Friday 8th of August 2008 04:57:33 AM
Old 08-08-2008
Hi,

there is one more problem related to this. When i give javac command with -classpath options, it is compiling and working fine. But the cursor does not come to the command prompt again, unless i press the ENTER key.

i wrote a sample script file to make this more clear

script file
echo before compiling
javac -classpath /full/path/a.jar:/full/path/b.jar classname.java
echo after compiling

the output i get in cmd prompt when i run the script file is as follows

---------------
cmdpmt>: before compiling

---------------

only after i press ENTER key i get

---------------
cmdpmt>: before compiling
after compiling

cmdpmt>:
---------------

what is the reason for this ? and how to resolve it, so that i can get the output without pressing ENTER key ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

java.lang.System when running jar

Hello, I recieve the following error when trying to run the following command in a ksh. The operating system is AIX5.1. /usr/bin/jar -xvf {filename}.zip Can't find class java.lang.System But when I run it on the command line it unzips the file fine. Does anybody know why this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctcuser
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing files on external USB drive using UNIX?

Hi Folks, I'm a serious UNIX newbie... I'm using a bash shell on Mac OS X. Basically I took up unix in order to use a specific image processing software package... I've learned enough to write a script to batch process all of my images, but I have so many that I would like to use an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Slanter
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Possible to use a Java app with dll files on Unix-systems

Hi... I have build a program for the Velleman K8000 interface card, in java, which works just fine in windows, but now I want to use the program on a Unix-System. Is it possible to somehow convert the dll file to a format that Unix supports, or do I have to find another way? Dll-file:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scorp-D
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compiling all modified Java files in a folder on Unix

Hi all, I have a Unix script that will compile all Java files in a sub folder as follows: find . -name "*.java" -print -exec $JAVA_HOME/bin/javac -cp .:$CLASSPATH '{}' \; I would like to enhance it to only compile those Java files who: 1.) Have no class file 2.) Have a class file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Annorax
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Add external Jar file

Hi, how to add external jar file in jsp application on eclipse. Thanks SN:confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: snallusami
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run the Shell Script from external directory using java?

Hi, I have created a Shell Script and invoke through java using Process Builder It's working fine, if (Shell script file ) in the same directory as java file. By Problem: How to run the Shell Script file( resides in external directory) using java. What configuration i have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nanthagopal
1 Replies

7. Programming

Using basic UNIX commands to make/compile JAVA files

Hello! This is my first post, and I just learned what UNIX was this week. For a JAVA programming class I am taking, I must be able to create a directory in UNIX, use the nano command to create a JAVA program, compile it, and then run it on the command prompt using the java command. For some... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: UNdvoItX
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing java .jar from UNIX script

I have a .jar placed in my Unix directory. The .jar creates a .csv file .I want to execute the .jar and place the output file in a target Unix directory. The Unix Script is as follows. The issue that i am facing is that the file is not being placed in the REPORTDIR=/cdunix/IQNavigator/wrk instead... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajkargeti12
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get CRC check sum of files in java EAR file without extracting .jar/.war files to disk.?

unzip -v gives CRC info of each file in a zip(in my case .EAR) file. # unzip -v my-application.ear Archive: my-application.ear Length Method Size Cmpr Date Time CRC-32 Name -------- ------ ------- ---- ---------- ----- -------- ---- 197981 Defl:N 183708 7%... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
1 Replies
CREATE-JAR-LINKS(1)						   User Commands					       CREATE-JAR-LINKS(1)

NAME
create-jar-links -f instructions_file [-a archive_file] [-p] SYNOPSIS
create-jar-links -f instructions_file [-a archive_file] [-p] OPTIONS
-a Archive file on which actions will be performed, as opposed to current directory -p Preserve original file names (-p to build-jar-repository) -f The instructions file to check against. -a Archive file on which actions will be performed, as opposed to current directory -p Preserve original file names (-p to build-jar-repository) -f The instructions file to check against. EXAMPLES
Suppose there is a clean source tarball (using clean-binary-files(1) and check-binary-files(1)). Following this, one can extract the tar- ball, cd to it, and run: create-jar-links -f <instructions> -d <custom_jar_map> This would call build-jar-repository(1) and create symlinks, with extra mappings (form vanilla jar names to jpp names) that are specifiable via the custom jar map. SEE ALSO
Regular Manual Pages check-binary-files(1), create-jar-links(1), build-jar-repository(1), jpackage-utils(7) Documentation Further reading should be found in clean-binary-files.txt located in your standard documentation directory. Original mail is here: https://www.zarb.org/pipermail/jpackage-discuss/2005-November/009158.html AUTHOR
Written by Deepak Bhole REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs using JPackage Bugzilla (http://www.jpackage.org/bugzilla/) create-jar-links (jpackage-utils) 1.7.5 February 2009 CREATE-JAR-LINKS(1)