Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming JAVA - External JAR files in UNIX Post 302222971 by satish2712 on Friday 8th of August 2008 03:48:11 AM
Old 08-08-2008
Thanks, That worked fine for one external jar file. But wen i am using more than one external jar file, i get the following error.

Note: my java program Inbound.java needs 2 jar files jms.jar and com.ibm.mq.jar
and i have jdk 1.4 installed in UNIX server [cant change to JDK 6 :-( ], so i have to go with specifying all the jar files path in command prompt

/u/up11/sample/request:>javac -classpath /u/up11/sample/jarfiles/jms.jar;/u/up11
/sample/jarfiles/com.ibm.mq.jar Inbound.java

javac: no source files

/u/up11/sample/jarfiles/com.ibm.mq.jar: FSUM9209 cannot execute: reason code = 5b4c0002: EDC5111I Permission denied.

what is the reason for this error ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

java.lang.System when running jar

Hello, I recieve the following error when trying to run the following command in a ksh. The operating system is AIX5.1. /usr/bin/jar -xvf {filename}.zip Can't find class java.lang.System But when I run it on the command line it unzips the file fine. Does anybody know why this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctcuser
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing files on external USB drive using UNIX?

Hi Folks, I'm a serious UNIX newbie... I'm using a bash shell on Mac OS X. Basically I took up unix in order to use a specific image processing software package... I've learned enough to write a script to batch process all of my images, but I have so many that I would like to use an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Slanter
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Possible to use a Java app with dll files on Unix-systems

Hi... I have build a program for the Velleman K8000 interface card, in java, which works just fine in windows, but now I want to use the program on a Unix-System. Is it possible to somehow convert the dll file to a format that Unix supports, or do I have to find another way? Dll-file:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scorp-D
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compiling all modified Java files in a folder on Unix

Hi all, I have a Unix script that will compile all Java files in a sub folder as follows: find . -name "*.java" -print -exec $JAVA_HOME/bin/javac -cp .:$CLASSPATH '{}' \; I would like to enhance it to only compile those Java files who: 1.) Have no class file 2.) Have a class file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Annorax
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Add external Jar file

Hi, how to add external jar file in jsp application on eclipse. Thanks SN:confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: snallusami
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run the Shell Script from external directory using java?

Hi, I have created a Shell Script and invoke through java using Process Builder It's working fine, if (Shell script file ) in the same directory as java file. By Problem: How to run the Shell Script file( resides in external directory) using java. What configuration i have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nanthagopal
1 Replies

7. Programming

Using basic UNIX commands to make/compile JAVA files

Hello! This is my first post, and I just learned what UNIX was this week. For a JAVA programming class I am taking, I must be able to create a directory in UNIX, use the nano command to create a JAVA program, compile it, and then run it on the command prompt using the java command. For some... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: UNdvoItX
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing java .jar from UNIX script

I have a .jar placed in my Unix directory. The .jar creates a .csv file .I want to execute the .jar and place the output file in a target Unix directory. The Unix Script is as follows. The issue that i am facing is that the file is not being placed in the REPORTDIR=/cdunix/IQNavigator/wrk instead... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajkargeti12
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get CRC check sum of files in java EAR file without extracting .jar/.war files to disk.?

unzip -v gives CRC info of each file in a zip(in my case .EAR) file. # unzip -v my-application.ear Archive: my-application.ear Length Method Size Cmpr Date Time CRC-32 Name -------- ------ ------- ---- ---------- ----- -------- ---- 197981 Defl:N 183708 7%... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
1 Replies
java-functions(7)						RPM Java packaging						 java-functions(7)

NAME
java-functions - Functions library for Java applications. Written for the JPackage Project <http://www.jpackage.org/>: SYNOPSIS
set_jvm() Set the java virtual machine. Use a JAVA_HOME if defined, or try to find it from java command set_classpath() Set the classpath - this functions requires a valid JAVA_HOME, JAVACMD, and JAVA_LIBDIR. JARs could be specified as an argument, or via ADDITIONAL_JARS variable. set_javacmd() set the JAVACMD variable. Options should be passed via JAVACMD_OPTS variable. set_flags() set FLAGS variable. They could be specified as an argument, or via ADDITIONAL_FLAGS variable. set_options() set OPTIONS variable. They could be specified as an argument, or via ADDITIONAL_OPTIONS variable. run() run the application. It executed a following command. If VERBOSE is defined, then it prints the command to stdout. exec $JAVACMD $FLAGS -classpath $CLASSPATH $OPTIONS $MAIN_CLASS "$@" set_jvm_dirs() set JVM-related directories (JVM_LIBDIR, JAVA_VERSION, JAVAVER_LIBDIR and JAVAVER_JNIDIR variables). Requires a correct JAVA_LIBDIR, JAVA_HOME and JAVA_CMD. link_jar_repository() links a jar repository. Options could be found in build-jar-repository(1) find_jar() finds a specific extention (jar or directory). Requires a correct JAVA_LIBDIR, JAVAVER_LIBDIR and JVM_LIBDIR. Used by find-jar(1) com- mand. do_find_jar() core routine used by find_jar() check_java_env() checks java environment - the JAVA_HOME, JAVACMD, JAVA_LIBDIR, JNI_LIBDIR variables. DESCRIPTION
This is a library of generic shell functions which should be used on jpackage.org compatible distributions. FILES
/use/share/java-utils/java-functions shell script functions library for Java applications /etc/java/java.conf system-wide Java configuration file ~/.java/java.conf user's Java configuration SEE ALSO
Regular Manual Pages build-jar-repository(1) find-jar(1) java.conf(5) jpackage-utils(7) AUTHORS
Guillaume Rousse <guillomovitch@sourceforge.net> Ville Skytta <scop at jpackage.org> David Walluck <david@jpackage.org> Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas.Mailhot at laPoste.net> REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs using JPackage Bugzilla (http://www.jpackage.org/bugzilla/) jpackage-utils 1.7.5 February 2009 java-functions(7)