Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming JAVA - External JAR files in UNIX Post 302222950 by satish2712 on Friday 8th of August 2008 02:29:46 AM
Old 08-08-2008
JAVA - External JAR files in UNIX

Hi,

I have to run my JAVA programs in UNIX server. The java program uses some external jar files for compiling. I have set the classpath to the folder where all the jar files are present using EXPORT classpath command.

But when i compile, it shows errors.. saying that the classes relating to the jar files are not found.

which means it is not recognising the jar files !!!

Please let me know how to make this compile ? Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

java.lang.System when running jar

Hello, I recieve the following error when trying to run the following command in a ksh. The operating system is AIX5.1. /usr/bin/jar -xvf {filename}.zip Can't find class java.lang.System But when I run it on the command line it unzips the file fine. Does anybody know why this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctcuser
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing files on external USB drive using UNIX?

Hi Folks, I'm a serious UNIX newbie... I'm using a bash shell on Mac OS X. Basically I took up unix in order to use a specific image processing software package... I've learned enough to write a script to batch process all of my images, but I have so many that I would like to use an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Slanter
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Possible to use a Java app with dll files on Unix-systems

Hi... I have build a program for the Velleman K8000 interface card, in java, which works just fine in windows, but now I want to use the program on a Unix-System. Is it possible to somehow convert the dll file to a format that Unix supports, or do I have to find another way? Dll-file:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scorp-D
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compiling all modified Java files in a folder on Unix

Hi all, I have a Unix script that will compile all Java files in a sub folder as follows: find . -name "*.java" -print -exec $JAVA_HOME/bin/javac -cp .:$CLASSPATH '{}' \; I would like to enhance it to only compile those Java files who: 1.) Have no class file 2.) Have a class file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Annorax
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Add external Jar file

Hi, how to add external jar file in jsp application on eclipse. Thanks SN:confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: snallusami
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run the Shell Script from external directory using java?

Hi, I have created a Shell Script and invoke through java using Process Builder It's working fine, if (Shell script file ) in the same directory as java file. By Problem: How to run the Shell Script file( resides in external directory) using java. What configuration i have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nanthagopal
1 Replies

7. Programming

Using basic UNIX commands to make/compile JAVA files

Hello! This is my first post, and I just learned what UNIX was this week. For a JAVA programming class I am taking, I must be able to create a directory in UNIX, use the nano command to create a JAVA program, compile it, and then run it on the command prompt using the java command. For some... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: UNdvoItX
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing java .jar from UNIX script

I have a .jar placed in my Unix directory. The .jar creates a .csv file .I want to execute the .jar and place the output file in a target Unix directory. The Unix Script is as follows. The issue that i am facing is that the file is not being placed in the REPORTDIR=/cdunix/IQNavigator/wrk instead... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajkargeti12
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get CRC check sum of files in java EAR file without extracting .jar/.war files to disk.?

unzip -v gives CRC info of each file in a zip(in my case .EAR) file. # unzip -v my-application.ear Archive: my-application.ear Length Method Size Cmpr Date Time CRC-32 Name -------- ------ ------- ---- ---------- ----- -------- ---- 197981 Defl:N 183708 7%... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
1 Replies
JH_GENERATEORBITDIR(1)						    Javahelper						    JH_GENERATEORBITDIR(1)

NAME
jh_generateorbitdir - Creates and populates an orbit dir used by pde-build for third-party jar files. SYNOPSIS
jh_generateorbitdir [debhelperoptions] [--orbit-dir=dir] [orbit-dep[...]] DESCRIPTION
jh_generateorbitdir is a javahelper program that handles creation of an orbit dependency dir. This directory has to be populated with non- eclipse jar files. However, eclipse refers to these jars by their "symbolic name". jh_generateorbitdir can extract this name from the jar's manifest (provided it has the OSGi metadata) and create a symlink to it. jh_generateorbitdir will replace regular files with symlinks if they are present in the orbit dir and clash with the name of one of the orbit jars. If an orbit jar name clashes with a symlink in the orbit dir, then jh_generateorbitdir will assume that the given jar has already been symlinked correctly. In this case the jar file is still recorded in the cache (see below). jh_generateorbitdir will also check the default installation for jar files on Debian systems (at the time of writing /usr/share/java), if it cannot find the jar in the current dir. Jar files replaced by jh_generateorbitdir will be recorded so that jh_installeclipse can replace with symlinks them post install. FILES
debian/eclipse.orbitdeps List of orbit dependencies - one per line. This can be used as an alternative to passing it per command line. OPTIONS
--orbit-dir=dir Specifies the directory from where the orbit-dir is or should be created. Defauls to "debian/.eclipse_build/orbitdeps". EXAMPLE
jh_generateorbitdir --orbit-dir orbit asm3 oro Will generate a folder called orbit with two symlinks based on asm3 and oro's symbolic name. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of javahelper and uses debhelper as backend. There are also tutorials in /usr/share/doc/javahelper. AUTHOR
Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2010 by Niels Thykier This tool is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of GNU GPL 2. 0.43 2011-04-29 JH_GENERATEORBITDIR(1)