Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ignoring a dash in file name
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ignoring a dash in file name Post 302221272 by Yogesh Sawant on Monday 4th of August 2008 05:37:56 AM
Old 08-04-2008
mv -x x passes option -x to command mv. that is not what you are intended to do
mv ./-x x does the job - since you mentioned relative path, which solved the "passing option to the command" problem

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ignoring blank line in a file

i have a file called Cleaner1.log . This files have some blank lines also.My requirement is that it should ignore the blank lines and give me the lines that contain some data. I m using this logic in a script: below the contents of file : Maximum Time Taken for Processing(Failed) RR... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract a string from a file ignoring new line

Hi, sumdays before i had posted a query with same subject. i got sum great help from great ppl which solved my problem then. But now there is a small problem with the code that i need the experts help upon. for parsing a text like this where $ had been the delimiter between... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_kb211
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ignoring lines in a file

HI, command to cat a readable file by ignoring the first line and last line or command to cat a readable file by ignoring the lines with delimiter Please advise on this. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignoring file name case and decrypting it.

Dear Friends, I want to decrypt 2 different file types in a folder (ZIP files and GPG files). Each file type need different decryption syntex. Hence, the script should identify file type and should act accordingly ignoring file name case i.e. upper or lower case. Also, the extention can be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

using diff to on two file but ignoring the last comma separate value

Hi guys I have two file which I sdiff. ie file 1: AA,12,34,56,,789,101,,6666 file 2: AA,12,34,56,,789,101,,7777 The last comma separated value will always change from one day to the next. Is there another unix utility I can use that will sdiff two files but ignore the last comma... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wny201
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting string before first dash in a file name

Hi all, Given a file name such as EXAMPLE=lastname-02.30.71-firstname-town-other.tar.gz How do I print everything before the first dash (i.e. lastname) Note: I do not know exactly how many dashes or what information there will be in each file name so it is important that the code... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashnewbee
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignoring lines and create new file

Hello, I have a requirement to ignore few lines in a file before keyword FILEHEADER . As soon as there is keyword FILEHEADER is identified in file , it will form another file with data from FILEHEADER to whatever in file after FILEHEADER. I wrote filename=$1 awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmatkarna
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ignore all lines except the --- dash line in a text file.

How do you write a script to ignore all lines except the --- dash lines and then remove --- dashes from the data in a text file? Also how do you separate data in a text file with a tab (for example, column1 (software) and column2 (date) ) ? Here is my scripts : I am getting errors in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

A dash to GOTO or a dash from GOTO, that is the question...

Well, guys I saw a question about GOTO for Python. So this gave me the inspiration to attempt a GOTO function for 'dash', (bash and ksh too). Machine: MBP OSX 10.14.3, default bash terminal, calling '#!/usr/local/bin/dash'... This is purely a fun project to see if it is possible in PURE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
3 Replies
ttk_image(n)							 Tk Themed Widget						      ttk_image(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk_image - Define an element based on an image SYNOPSIS
ttk::style element create name image imageSpec ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The image element factory creates a new element in the current theme whose visual appearance is determined by Tk images. imageSpec is a list of one or more elements. The first element is the default image name. The rest of the list is a sequence of statespec / value pairs specifying other images to use when the element is in a particular state or combination of states. OPTIONS
Valid options are: -border padding padding is a list of up to four integers, specifying the left, top, right, and bottom borders, respectively. See IMAGE STRETCHING, below. -height height Specifies a minimum height for the element. If less than zero, the base image's height is used as a default. -padding padding Specifies the element's interior padding. Defaults to -border if not specified. -sticky spec Specifies how the image is placed within the final parcel. spec contains zero or more characters "n", "s", "w", or "e". -width width Specifies a minimum width for the element. If less than zero, the base image's width is used as a default. IMAGE STRETCHING
If the element's allocated parcel is larger than the image, the image will be placed in the parcel based on the -sticky option. If the image needs to stretch horizontally (i.e., -sticky ew) or vertically (-sticky ns), subregions of the image are replicated to fill the par- cel based on the -border option. The -border divides the image into 9 regions: four fixed corners, top and left edges (which may be tiled horizontally), left and right edges (which may be tiled vertically), and the central area (which may be tiled in both directions). EXAMPLE
set img1 [image create photo -file button.png] set img2 [image create photo -file button-pressed.png] set img3 [image create photo -file button-active.png] style element create Button.button image [list $img1 pressed $img2 active $img3] -border {2 4} -sticky we SEE ALSO
ttk::intro(n), ttk::style(n), ttk_vsapi(n), image(n), photo(n) KEYWORDS
style, theme, appearance, pixmap theme, image Tk 8.5 ttk_image(n)