Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HP-UX system information
Operating Systems HP-UX HP-UX system information Post 302221104 by Simbad on Sunday 3rd of August 2008 12:03:51 PM
Old 08-03-2008
Normalizing the output

This is great for one or two servers, what if you have several thousand or tens of thousands of servers?
Is there anyway to get this utility to create a normalised output rather than a summary report?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help me find out system information

I'm just getting started with unix and would like to know 1) how to tell how big the harddrive is 2) how to tell if there are multiple harddrive installed on the machine 3) a relitavely easy way to tell what programs are installed on the machine. I'm using Sun OS 5.6 Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ViperD
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX System information

Hi All, I am new to Unix and am working on AIX ( rs6000 ). I am looking for the system info of the unix box like 1. Number of CPUs 2. CPU speed 3. RAM size Your help is much appreciated Thanks rao. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rao
6 Replies

3. HP-UX

System Information

How do I get the system information on a HP UNIX server. details like CPU speed, number of processors etc. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Olamide
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

system general information

hi I am new to this forum. hope to get help from u all. how can i write these by using shell programming? 1. The name of the machine and the date/time at which the report was produced. 2. Licensing information such as the operating system revision level and license restrictions in terms of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nokia1100
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

System Information Variable Help

Hey, I am after the commands to get the following information for my Unix system: default visual editor (i dont even know where to start with this one) default window manager (this one either, no idea) total quota (just the size, none of the other data. I've narrowed it down to quota -sv)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bonjour
1 Replies

6. AIX

How to get the AIX system information?

Hi, How to get the AIX system hardware and software basic information using terminal command with guest login? Here below i have specified some of the information i need. Please have a look at this and guide me. OS Name: OS Version : OS Manufacturer: OS Configuration: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumguest
4 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

How to get the Linux system information?

Hi, How to get the Linux system hardware and software basic information using terminal command ? Here below i have specified some of the information i need. Please have a look at this and guide me. OS Name: OS Version : OS Manufacturer: OS Configuration: OS Build Type:... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

8. Solaris

How to get the Solaris system information?

Hi, How to get the Solaris system hardware and software basic information using terminal command with guest login? Here below i have specified some of the information i need. Please have a look at this and guide me. OS Name: OS Version : OS Manufacturer: OS Configuration: ... (15 Replies)
15 Replies

9. BSD

How to get the FreeBsd system information?

Hi, How to get the FreeBsd system hardware and software basic information using terminal command with guest login? Here below i have specified some of the information i need. Please have a look at this and guide me. OS Name: OS Version : OS Manufacturer: OS... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

10. AIX

AIX System Information

Hi all, I have googled around quite a bit and tried many different commands to get system information about my AIX 5.3 box but none of the commands I've used have given me quite what I'm looking for. I am interested in finding out the model of the motherboard, and amount of available RAM, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ThePistonDoctor
2 Replies
CONFIG.GUESS(1) 						   User Commands						   CONFIG.GUESS(1)

NAME
config.guess - guess the build system triplet SYNOPSIS
config.guess [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
The GNU build system distinguishes three types of machines, the `build' machine on which the compilers are run, the `host' machine on which the package being built will run, and, exclusively when you build a compiler, assembler etc., the `target' machine, for which the compiler being built will produce code. This script will guess the type of the `build' machine. Output the configuration name of the system `config.guess' is run on. Operation modes: -h, --help print this help, then exit -t, --time-stamp print date of last modification, then exit -v, --version print version number, then exit ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
config.guess might need to compile and run C code, hence it needs a compiler for the `build' machine: use the environment variable `CC_FOR_BUILD' to specify the compiler for the build machine. If `CC_FOR_BUILD' is not specified, `CC' will be used. Be sure to specify `CC_FOR_BUILD' is `CC' is a cross-compiler to the `host' machine. CC_FOR_BUILD a native C compiler, defaults to `cc' CC a native C compiler, the previous variable is preferred REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs and patches to <config-patches@gnu.org>. Originally written by Per Bothner. Copyright 1992-2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
autoconf(1), automake(1), autoreconf(1), autoupdate(1), autoheader(1), autoscan(1), config.guess(1), config.sub(1), ifnames(1), libtool(1). GNU Autoconf 2.69 August 2017 CONFIG.GUESS(1)