Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions what is the DOS equivalent of alias command? Post 302218328 by era on Friday 25th of July 2008 01:32:24 AM
Old 07-25-2008
Plain DOS does not have support for aliases. You might want to look at 4dos / 4nt or Cygwin.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

SQL Spool equivalent command in DOS

This question maybe in the wrong category but I'm posting here due to urgency. In DOS is there a command to perform a similar function to spool command in SQL or Script command in UNIX? I want to print all command line output to a file but I don't want to use the echo command for each line. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DOS command for ps

I have navigated every DOS and UNIX FAQ to find the DOS equivalent of the UNIX ps command (ps -f would be even better) but all listings of DOS<>UNIX commands do not have it (they all have the same basic commands listed). DOS must have a way of detecting running processes and TSRs. mem /c is the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dancingfool
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command equivalent to DOS mode for SCO 5.0.6

I need to set the serial port attributes to 9600,7,E,1 in order to read and write data to it from within a Foxpro program. Unfortunately there is no function in Foxpro to set the line attributes, only open. close read and write. Stty only works on the stdout and stdin in this release, and the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix equivalent of DOS set

Hi all, what is the equivalent command of the DOS set that lists all the environment variable and their values? Xavier. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xxavier
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command for unix to dos conversion

Dear All Could you please advice how do we convert a unix file to dos I know one command,ux2dos, which somehow does not work to give desired output Inputs on this is appreciated Thanks, Suresh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
3 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

dos/intel unix command equivalent

In Unix I can use command line to do a find for files older than so many days and remove them. I can also capture the date to see if its a saturday and do something different. Are there any dos/intel command line equivalent commands to do this on a windows 2003 server? This is from an... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
6 Replies

7. AIX

smitty equivalent command line command

i know after you do something in smitty via the gui, you can click something in smitty that will show you how to do the same thing via the command line, (not using the gui) can anyone tell me how (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asyed123
2 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

DOS Equivalent of UNIX Command

Hi, The title of this post is a little vague but I couldn't think of what to call it. In Unix you can perform the following command ftp -v IPADDRESS <<END put FILE END In a DOS command prompt, is it possible to do the same kind of thing that the "<<END" does? So for example, ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ste_Moore01
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create the equivalent of the command WC

hi all, i'm trying to do this exercise, i want to create a script that can substitute WC command in unix, can someone help me? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marina2013
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert for command from DOS to SHELL

Well, this command has served me quite well under DOS for %%X in (*.txt) do COMMAND however in linux it just outputs: "./install.sh line 1: '%%x': not a valid identifier. Ideas ? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
2 Replies
dosif(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							  dosif(4)

NAME
DOSIF - DOS interchange format DESCRIPTION
The DOS Interchange Format (DOSIF) is the name given to the media format used by the DOS operating system. This format is based upon that used in IBM PC and PC AT and HP Vectra systems. Use the and commands to convert files between HP-UX and DOS file formats; see dos2ux(1). Use these utilities to retrieve information from a DOSIF volume. The dos*(1) utilities are the only HP-UX commands that can interact directly with the contents of a DOSIF volume. The only other way to interact with the contents of a DOSIF volume is to use an HP-UX DOS emulation or coprocessor facility such as SoftPC or the DOS Coproces- sor. The command cannot be used on a DOSIF volume because the operating system does not recognize it (see mount(1M)). When constructing file names for the dos*(1) commands, start with the HP-UX path name of the DOSIF volume, then add a colon followed by the file name: or This file naming convention is suitable for use only in arguments of the dos*(1) utilities. It does not constitute a legal path name for any other use in HP-UX applications. Metacharacters and can be used when specifying both HP-UX and DOS file names. These must be quoted when specifying a DOS file name, because file name expansion is performed by the DOS utilities, not by the shell. The dos*(1) utilities expand file names as described in regexp(5) in the section. By convention, if the HP-UX device name and a trailing colon are specified, but no file or directory name is provided (for example, the root of the DOS file system is assumed. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Specify DOSIF file accessed through HP-UX special file Example 2 Specify DOSIF file accessed through the DOS volume stored as HP-UX file SEE ALSO
dos2ux(1). dosif(4)