Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions what is the DOS equivalent of alias command? Post 302218244 by milhan on Thursday 24th of July 2008 07:00:20 PM
Old 07-24-2008
what is the DOS equivalent of alias command?

how do we create aliases to commands in dos?

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

SQL Spool equivalent command in DOS

This question maybe in the wrong category but I'm posting here due to urgency. In DOS is there a command to perform a similar function to spool command in SQL or Script command in UNIX? I want to print all command line output to a file but I don't want to use the echo command for each line. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DOS command for ps

I have navigated every DOS and UNIX FAQ to find the DOS equivalent of the UNIX ps command (ps -f would be even better) but all listings of DOS<>UNIX commands do not have it (they all have the same basic commands listed). DOS must have a way of detecting running processes and TSRs. mem /c is the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dancingfool
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command equivalent to DOS mode for SCO 5.0.6

I need to set the serial port attributes to 9600,7,E,1 in order to read and write data to it from within a Foxpro program. Unfortunately there is no function in Foxpro to set the line attributes, only open. close read and write. Stty only works on the stdout and stdin in this release, and the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix equivalent of DOS set

Hi all, what is the equivalent command of the DOS set that lists all the environment variable and their values? Xavier. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xxavier
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command for unix to dos conversion

Dear All Could you please advice how do we convert a unix file to dos I know one command,ux2dos, which somehow does not work to give desired output Inputs on this is appreciated Thanks, Suresh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
3 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

dos/intel unix command equivalent

In Unix I can use command line to do a find for files older than so many days and remove them. I can also capture the date to see if its a saturday and do something different. Are there any dos/intel command line equivalent commands to do this on a windows 2003 server? This is from an... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
6 Replies

7. AIX

smitty equivalent command line command

i know after you do something in smitty via the gui, you can click something in smitty that will show you how to do the same thing via the command line, (not using the gui) can anyone tell me how (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asyed123
2 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

DOS Equivalent of UNIX Command

Hi, The title of this post is a little vague but I couldn't think of what to call it. In Unix you can perform the following command ftp -v IPADDRESS <<END put FILE END In a DOS command prompt, is it possible to do the same kind of thing that the "<<END" does? So for example, ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ste_Moore01
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create the equivalent of the command WC

hi all, i'm trying to do this exercise, i want to create a script that can substitute WC command in unix, can someone help me? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marina2013
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert for command from DOS to SHELL

Well, this command has served me quite well under DOS for %%X in (*.txt) do COMMAND however in linux it just outputs: "./install.sh line 1: '%%x': not a valid identifier. Ideas ? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
2 Replies
praliases(1)						      General Commands Manual						      praliases(1)

NAME
praliases - print system-wide sendmail aliases SYNOPSIS
file] file] [key ...] DESCRIPTION
prints out the contents of the alias data base used by to resolve system-wide mail aliases. The alias data base is built with the command or See sendmail(1M). The options are: Read the configuration file specified with this option instead of the default configuration file. Accesses the alias database built from file with the command If this option is not used, accesses the database built from the default alias file Note that accesses the database, not the alias file itself. If the alias file has changed since the alias database was last built, natu- rally the output of cannot match the contents of the alias file. Each key argument, if any, is looked up in the alias database. prints out the aliases to which each key expands in the form: where mailing list can be a comma-separated list of addresses to which the key resolves. Note can be used by privileged users only. RETURN VALUE
The utility exits with 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. DIAGNOSTICS
key was not found in the alias database. EXAMPLES
The output reveals that is aliased to is aliased to and that there is no alias for the key WARNINGS
Because supports NIS aliases, some NIS key-words may appear in the output. These key-words, which include and may be safely ignored; they merely indicate that is properly updating the alias database. AUTHOR
was developed by the University of California, Berkeley. FILES
default alias file default alias database SEE ALSO
sendmail(1M). praliases(1)