Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Hide network mount from df commands Post 302218163 by CBarraford on Thursday 24th of July 2008 02:20:50 PM
Old 07-24-2008
that's a prett good idea, I didn't think of that. The only issue is the user has admin rights, so they could override if they wanted to. Thanks for your help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount a network computer/drive in unix?

:D hey all, how do you scan/mount a network drive or computer/directory? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emplate
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hide my shell commands

I am writing a tool that connects using SSH to a remote server and perform some actions (through root) However - I would like to hide my operations so they will be hard to track. I tried STRACE on the SSHD process and saw all the traffic going there so I am quite transparent to STRACE ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yamsin789
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Configuration Commands.....

I need to know what commands I will need to use to change a host name, IP Address, and network configurations (routerings, dns, etc) and a Unix SCO machine. Also, if there is any short tutorials on using the commands, i would defiently like that information. Thanks!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HandleX
1 Replies

4. Linux

How to mount a filesystem of one pc in another pc that are connected in a network?

Hi, I have a software in one of the pcs connected in the network and I need to mount that file system in my PC. Both the pcs have Linux installed. Please let me know how can we achieve this. Any pointers would be of great help. Thanks & Regards, Venkatesh. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesh_sasi
3 Replies

5. AIX

Problem with NFS mount and network configuration between AIX and Windows 2003 servers

I ‘m beginner on unix I want to move an unix aix post 5.2 on distant site for use catia V4 with a foundation of data accommodated by a serveur windows 2003 and an environment accommodated on the serveur aix. The computer was linked up by IP (122.0.0.8) with waiter 2003 (via NFS) and the waiter... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: astiaous
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to auto mount remote sshfss over network

I have the folorwing three shel accounts on remote servers which i would like to auto mount at boot, bu have the auto mount be preceded by a check for an active Ethernet or 802.11 connection prito running the sshfs command. porter@tty.freeshelll.org cent1750@tty.freeshell.org... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: FloridaBSD
0 Replies

7. Linux

How to configure sudoers in order to hide some sudo commands.

Hi Unix.com people! :) My question, I think, it's easy to understand. I want to configure my sudoers file (/etc/sudoers) in order to hide automatically, some repetitive and annoying commands to be listed on auth.log (/var/log/auth.log). Anyone know something, or know where I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fefafefa
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sharing a network mount preferably with NFS

Hello, I would like to share a 9p (Plan 9) passthrough/share to a VM via NFS (using a guest as an NFS server to share a directory from the host) At the moment I am getting the error message: 'exportfs: /share does not support NFS export'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scratch
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: connect to network devices, run set of commands

I am trying to write a script for my own use that will allow me to connect to network devices, then run a set of commands. I start with a list of ips in a text file. Each ip is on its own line. I start with a second file of commands. Each command on one line. for illustration .. the cmd.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
2 Replies

10. Programming

How to hide from UNIX strings - obfuscate or hide a literal or constant?

Hi, I need to somehow pipe the password to a command and run some SQL, for example, something like echo $password | sqlplus -s system @query01.sql To make it not so obvious, I decided to try out writing a small C program that basically just do echo $password. So now I just do x9.out | sqlplus... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
8 Replies
IP-NETNS(8)							       Linux							       IP-NETNS(8)

NAME
ip-netns - process network namespace management SYNOPSIS
ip [ OPTIONS ] netns { COMMAND | help } ip netns { list } ip netns { add | delete } NETNSNAME ip netns identify PID ip netns pids NETNSNAME ip netns exec NETNSNAME command ... ip netns monitor DESCRIPTION
A network namespace is logically another copy of the network stack, with its own routes, firewall rules, and network devices. By convention a named network namespace is an object at /var/run/netns/NAME that can be opened. The file descriptor resulting from opening /var/run/netns/NAME refers to the specified network namespace. Holding that file descriptor open keeps the network namespace alive. The file descriptor can be used with the setns(2) system call to change the network namespace associated with a task. For applications that are aware of network namespaces, the convention is to look for global network configuration files first in /etc/netns/NAME/ then in /etc/. For example, if you want a different version of /etc/resolv.conf for a network namespace used to isolate your vpn you would name it /etc/netns/myvpn/resolv.conf. ip netns exec automates handling of this configuration, file convention for network namespace unaware applications, by creating a mount namespace and bind mounting all of the per network namespace configure files into their traditional location in /etc. ip netns list - show all of the named network namespaces This command displays all of the network namespaces in /var/run/netns ip netns add NAME - create a new named network namespace If NAME is available in /var/run/netns/ this command creates a new network namespace and assigns NAME. ip netns delete NAME - delete the name of a network namespace If NAME is present in /var/run/netns it is umounted and the mount point is removed. If this is the last user of the network names- pace the network namespace will be freed, otherwise the network namespace persists until it has no more users. ip netns delete may fail if the mount point is in use in another mount namespace. ip netns identify PID - Report network namespaces names for process This command walks through /var/run/netns and finds all the network namespace names for network namespace of the specified process. ip netns pids NAME - Report processes in the named network namespace This command walks through proc and finds all of the process who have the named network namespace as their primary network names- pace. ip netns exec NAME cmd ... - Run cmd in the named network namespace This command allows applications that are network namespace unaware to be run in something other than the default network namespace with all of the configuration for the specified network namespace appearing in the customary global locations. A network namespace and bind mounts are used to move files from their network namespace specific location to their default locations without affecting other processes. ip netns monitor - Report as network namespace names are added and deleted This command watches network namespace name addition and deletion events and prints a line for each event it sees. EXAMPLES
ip netns list Shows the list of current named network namespaces ip netns add vpn Creates a network namespace and names it vpn ip netns exec vpn ip link set lo up Bring up the loopback interface in the vpn network namespace. SEE ALSO
ip(8) AUTHOR
Original Manpage by Eric W. Biederman iproute2 16 Jan 2013 IP-NETNS(8)