Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Hide network mount from df commands Post 302218141 by Ikon on Thursday 24th of July 2008 01:20:19 PM
Old 07-24-2008
Can the application run as another user, and that user has access to the network drive?

To start the application it calls
"sudo -u appuser /path/application"

and the user appuser has access to the network share.

The appuser would only have sudo access to the application and no other uneeded commands.

This is assuming the application initiates the installation of the package.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount a network computer/drive in unix?

:D hey all, how do you scan/mount a network drive or computer/directory? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emplate
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hide my shell commands

I am writing a tool that connects using SSH to a remote server and perform some actions (through root) However - I would like to hide my operations so they will be hard to track. I tried STRACE on the SSHD process and saw all the traffic going there so I am quite transparent to STRACE ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yamsin789
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Configuration Commands.....

I need to know what commands I will need to use to change a host name, IP Address, and network configurations (routerings, dns, etc) and a Unix SCO machine. Also, if there is any short tutorials on using the commands, i would defiently like that information. Thanks!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HandleX
1 Replies

4. Linux

How to mount a filesystem of one pc in another pc that are connected in a network?

Hi, I have a software in one of the pcs connected in the network and I need to mount that file system in my PC. Both the pcs have Linux installed. Please let me know how can we achieve this. Any pointers would be of great help. Thanks & Regards, Venkatesh. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesh_sasi
3 Replies

5. AIX

Problem with NFS mount and network configuration between AIX and Windows 2003 servers

I ‘m beginner on unix I want to move an unix aix post 5.2 on distant site for use catia V4 with a foundation of data accommodated by a serveur windows 2003 and an environment accommodated on the serveur aix. The computer was linked up by IP (122.0.0.8) with waiter 2003 (via NFS) and the waiter... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: astiaous
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to auto mount remote sshfss over network

I have the folorwing three shel accounts on remote servers which i would like to auto mount at boot, bu have the auto mount be preceded by a check for an active Ethernet or 802.11 connection prito running the sshfs command. porter@tty.freeshelll.org cent1750@tty.freeshell.org... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: FloridaBSD
0 Replies

7. Linux

How to configure sudoers in order to hide some sudo commands.

Hi Unix.com people! :) My question, I think, it's easy to understand. I want to configure my sudoers file (/etc/sudoers) in order to hide automatically, some repetitive and annoying commands to be listed on auth.log (/var/log/auth.log). Anyone know something, or know where I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fefafefa
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sharing a network mount preferably with NFS

Hello, I would like to share a 9p (Plan 9) passthrough/share to a VM via NFS (using a guest as an NFS server to share a directory from the host) At the moment I am getting the error message: 'exportfs: /share does not support NFS export'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scratch
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: connect to network devices, run set of commands

I am trying to write a script for my own use that will allow me to connect to network devices, then run a set of commands. I start with a list of ips in a text file. Each ip is on its own line. I start with a second file of commands. Each command on one line. for illustration .. the cmd.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
2 Replies

10. Programming

How to hide from UNIX strings - obfuscate or hide a literal or constant?

Hi, I need to somehow pipe the password to a command and run some SQL, for example, something like echo $password | sqlplus -s system @query01.sql To make it not so obvious, I decided to try out writing a small C program that basically just do echo $password. So now I just do x9.out | sqlplus... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
8 Replies
Tk_SetAppName(3)					       Tk Library Procedures						  Tk_SetAppName(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_SetAppName - Set the name of an application for 'send' commands SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> const char * Tk_SetAppName(tkwin, name) ARGUMENTS
Tk_Window tkwin (in) Token for window in application. Used only to select a particular application. const char *name (in) Name under which to register the application. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_SetAppName associates a name with a given application and records that association on the display containing with the application's main window. After this procedure has been invoked, other applications on the display will be able to use the send command to invoke operations in the application. If name is already in use by some other application on the display, then a new name will be generated by appending " #2" to name; if this name is also in use, the number will be incremented until an unused name is found. The return value from the proce- dure is a pointer to the name actually used. If the application already has a name when Tk_SetAppName is called, then the new name replaces the old name. Tk_SetAppName also adds a send command to the application's interpreter, which can be used to send commands from this application to others on any of the displays where the application has windows. The application's name registration persists until the interpreter is deleted or the send command is deleted from interp, at which point the name is automatically unregistered and the application becomes inaccessible via send. The application can be made accessible again by calling Tk_SetAppName. Tk_SetAppName is called automatically by Tk_Init, so applications do not normally need to call it explicitly. The command tk appname provides Tcl-level access to the functionality of Tk_SetAppName. KEYWORDS
application, name, register, send command Tk 4.0 Tk_SetAppName(3)