Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to build a string in shell script Post 302215532 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 16th of July 2008 03:27:41 PM
Old 07-16-2008
Can you explain what parameter it is, which programming/scripting language/shell and what you're trying to achieve?
Show a snippet of your code.

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

question to build a shell script

Hi All, I want to develope a script. can you please give me solution to this script? Several Processes Reporting Status back to a Master Write two programs that communicate using message queues. One program (the master) will receive messages periodically sent by multiple copies of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishalpatel03
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String compare in shell script

Iam trying to compare the string in if else... but some how its not working following is the code On executing the above one its giving a error message ': bad number' in the above parameter l & k are numbers and dbfiles and patchefiles are array If i do echo ift working fine ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranlalka
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to build a pipe delimited string

#! /bin/csh set delimiter = | foreach i (*) set str_deli="$i$delimiter" question: how to retain the value of str_deli so i can build a pipe delimited string? end (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdsignature88
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to build Shell Script to search content of a text file into a folder consist several files

Have to read one file say sourcefile containing several words and having another folder containing several files. Now read the first word of Sourcefile & search it into the folder consisting sevral files, and create another file with result. We hhave to pick the filename of the file in which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukesh.baranwal
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

TRIM a string in shell script

HI, I have a string "NZ-deploy-mode-1.15-Linux.x86_64.rpm" I want to get the string before -1 ie "NZ-deploy-mode" Input is "NZ-deploy-mode-1.15-Linux.x86_64.rpm" expected output is "NZ-deploy-mode" How can I do that in shell script? Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthdoss
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

build a string of asterisks elegantly

hi in a script i hate string definitions like str="***********************************" who can help to build a 50 character long string of asterisks more elegantly? any hint is welcome thanks and regards lazy (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazybaer
18 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing a String variable with a string literal in a Debian shell script

Hi All, I am trying to to compare a string variable with a string literal inside a loop but keep getting the ./testifstructure.sh: line 6: #!/bin/sh BOOK_LIST="BOOK1 BOOK2" for BOOK in ${BOOK_LIST} do if then echo '1' else echo '2' fi done Please use next... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveu7
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the last value from a string in shell script?

I have to get the last value from a string, below is the example string String -> Here is the test string 12233 O/P -> 12233 String -> Hello world 500 O/P -> 500 String -> 300 O/P -> 300 Please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to build directory tree and files

Hi all, I'm trying at the moment to write a shell script to build a directory tree and create files within the built directories. I've scoured through sites and text books and I just can't figure out how to go about it. I would assume that I need to use loops of some sort, but I can't seem... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Libertad
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Build.xml invocation by Build Script

Hi I have a build.xml file and I can run it on Windows via cmd. Now I want to write a script to invoke the same. Is there a way to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankur328
1 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)														 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)