Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Get the list of files for a given date Post 302215416 by methyl on Wednesday 16th of July 2008 08:40:12 AM
Old 07-16-2008

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list files modded since a certain date

Hi All First post here :) I have a basic grasp of unix, and have shell access to my website server. I'm looking for a unix command line that will list all files, in the current and all subfolders, created or modified since a specified date. If the list can be outputted to a file as well, so... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasher
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list of files in date order

Im on HP/UX and am trying to find the command like an ll but that will sort showing the most currently modified programs first. Can anyone help me with that? :cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeannine
2 Replies

3. Solaris

List files with a specific date...

Hi all, thanks in advance for reading and anyposts... I was wondering if its possible to find all files in a directory with a specific date. I know I can do: but that will only give a list of files greater than todays date... Any ideas? Thanks, Marky Mark... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: B14speedfreak
4 Replies

4. Solaris

command to list files that are created before some date

Can you please let me know the command to list the files that are created before some date, this we want to use for the following Eg: Move all the files that got created before 2006 to new folder in Solaris (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csreenivas
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a list of files that were modified after a given date.

Hello Mates! I'm kinda new to unix and need to a solve a problem. Input: date Situation: With the given date I need to find a list of all such files starting from a given path that were modified after the given date. I experimented with the "find" with "-newer" but did not quite get it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkka
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting list of files per date column

Hi all, I have a pecular issue in sorting these files (not an ls -lrt) in Solaris environment. All the below files are modified on November 4th, but I want to sort these files as per date (eg: 01May07_1623 = ddmmmyy_hhmm) Nov 4 18:27 SONYELEC00.GI22973.01May07_1623.gpg Nov 4 18:27... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivaastrogun
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

List the particular date files only

i want to list only the particular date file only in the folder. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

List the file or files with last modification date

hi. I need help my programing friends :p I need to list all the files with a certain name (for example FileName) by last modification date but only the one with the last date. If there are two files with the same name and same modification date it should print the both. For example in this set... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: KitFisto
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with Date Range and Zip it

Hi all, I am using the below script which display the files in the folder with the date range we specify. I want to add extra functionality that, The listing files should be zipped using gzip. I tried to add exec gzip at the last line but it is not working. Suggestions please. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nokiak810
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list files that are not first two files date & last file date for every month-year?

Hi All, I need to find all files other than first two files dates & last file date for month and month/year wise list. lets say there are following files in directory Mar 19 2012 c.txt Mar 19 2012 cc.txt Mar 21 2012 d.txt Mar 22 2012 f.txt Mar 24 2012 h.txt Mar 25 2012 w.txt Feb 12... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Makarand Dodmis
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.3 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)