Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Awk Hash Function.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk Hash Function. Post 302215329 by Tytalus on Wednesday 16th of July 2008 05:44:08 AM
Old 07-16-2008
Code:
#  awk -F"," '{cnt[$1]+=$2}END{for (x in cnt){print x,cnt[x]}}' infile
A 13
B 2
D 7
E 2
G 3

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Entire hash list (hash of hashes)

I have a script with dynamic hash of hashes , and I want to print the entire hash (with all other hashes). Itried to do it recursively by checking if the current key is a hash and if yes call the current function again with refference to the sub hash. Most of the printing seems to be OK but in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alalush
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BASH, HASH and AWK

Hi, I am working on this idea that I want to process some information from a command dump. Using the dump I will search for a string. If it finds the string, it must post a different/associated string to output/logfile. Example: 'Find "cookie jar"' then 'echo "carpool/tomorrow" >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corpsehy
2 Replies

3. Programming

Hash Function Speed

I have created my own hash table class, but am looking to speed it up. My current hash function is: int HashTable::hashFunc(const string &key) const { int tableSize = theLists.size(); int hashVal = 0; for(int i = 0; i<key.length(); i++) hashVal =... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerqb
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Hash:Can not keep hash data in the same order that it was inserted

Can Someone explain me why even using Tie::IxHash I can not get the output data in the same order that it was inserted? See code below. #!/usr/bin/perl use warnings; use Tie::IxHash; use strict; tie (my %programs, "Tie::IxHash"); while (my $line = <DATA>) { chomp $line; my(... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgfcoimbra
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values of hashes of hash for n number of hash in perl without sorting.

Hi, I have an hashes of hash, where hash is dynamic, it can be n number of hash. i need to compare data_count values of all . my %result ( $abc => { 'data_count' => '10', 'ID' => 'ABC122', } $def => { 'data_count' => '20', 'ID' => 'defASe', ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asak
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamically parse BibTeX and create hash of hash

Hello gurus, Iam trying to parse following BibTex file (bibliography.bib): @book{Lee2000a, abstract = {Abstract goes here}, author = {Lee, Wenke and Stolfo, Salvatore J}, title = {{Data mining approaches for intrusion detection}}, year = {2000} } @article{Forrest1996, abstract =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command hash array not printing

I'm new to awk command. The HASH ARRAY is not printing. Merging 2 files togather. vault_input.txt 3P04_Dep_Inxml:2230 REM02_Dep_Inxml:2200 REM03_Dep_Inxml:2400 REM05:2200 REM06:2200 tst6.txt Nov:10:2115:3P04_Dep_Inxml Nov:10:2129:REM02_Dep_Inxml Nov:10:2235:REM03_Dep_Inxml... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanj123
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to print hash of hash in table format

Hi, I have a hash of hash where it has name, activities and count i have data like this - $result->{$name}->{$activities} = $value; content of that are - name - robert tom cat peter activities - running, eating, sleeping , drinking, work i need to print output as below ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asak
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on awk for printing the function name inside each function

Hi, I am having script which contains many functions. Need to print each function name at the starting of the function. Like below, functionname() { echo "functionname" commands.... } I've tried like below, func=`grep "()" scriptname | cut -d "(" -f1` for i in $func do nawk -v... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
4 Replies
scsi_setup_cdb(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					scsi_setup_cdb(9F)

NAME
scsi_setup_cdb - setup SCSI command descriptor block (CDB) SYNOPSIS
int scsi_setup_cdb(union scsi_cdb *cdbp, uchar_t cmd, uint_t addr, uint_t cnt, uint_t othr_cdb_data); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
cdbp Pointer to command descriptor block. cmd The first byte of the SCSI group 0, 1, 2, 4, or 5 CDB. addr Pointer to the location of the data. cnt Data transfer length in units defined by the SCSI device type. For sequential devices cnt is the number of bytes. For block devices, cnt is the number of blocks. othr_cdb_data Additional CDB data. DESCRIPTION
scsi_setup_cdb() function initializes a group 0, 1, 2, 4, or 5 type of command descriptor block pointed to by cdbp using cmd, addr, cnt, othr_cdb_data. addr should be set to 0 for commands having no addressing information (for example, group 0 READ command for sequential access devices). othr_cdb_data should be additional CDB data for Group 4 commands; otherwise, it should be set to 0. scsi_setup_cdb() function does not set the LUN bits in CDB[1] as the makecom(9F) functions do. Also, the fixed bit for sequential access device commands is not set. RETURN VALUES
scsi_setup_cdb() returns: 1 Upon success. 0 Upon failure. CONTEXT
These functions can be called from a user or interrupt context. SEE ALSO
makecom(9F), scsi_pkt(9S) Writing Device Drivers American National Standard Small Computer System Interface-2 (SCSI-2) American National Standard SCSI-3 Primary Commands (SPC) SunOS 5.10 23 Jun 1997 scsi_setup_cdb(9F)