Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Awk Hash Function.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk Hash Function. Post 302215318 by dinjo_jo on Wednesday 16th of July 2008 05:01:27 AM
Old 07-16-2008
Awk Hash Function.

I have a file with a format of

A,2
B,2
G,3
A,2
A,3
A,2
D,7
A,2
E,2
A,2

I need to create a sum of each alphabet with the numbers assigned to it using awk.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Entire hash list (hash of hashes)

I have a script with dynamic hash of hashes , and I want to print the entire hash (with all other hashes). Itried to do it recursively by checking if the current key is a hash and if yes call the current function again with refference to the sub hash. Most of the printing seems to be OK but in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alalush
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BASH, HASH and AWK

Hi, I am working on this idea that I want to process some information from a command dump. Using the dump I will search for a string. If it finds the string, it must post a different/associated string to output/logfile. Example: 'Find "cookie jar"' then 'echo "carpool/tomorrow" >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corpsehy
2 Replies

3. Programming

Hash Function Speed

I have created my own hash table class, but am looking to speed it up. My current hash function is: int HashTable::hashFunc(const string &key) const { int tableSize = theLists.size(); int hashVal = 0; for(int i = 0; i<key.length(); i++) hashVal =... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerqb
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Hash:Can not keep hash data in the same order that it was inserted

Can Someone explain me why even using Tie::IxHash I can not get the output data in the same order that it was inserted? See code below. #!/usr/bin/perl use warnings; use Tie::IxHash; use strict; tie (my %programs, "Tie::IxHash"); while (my $line = <DATA>) { chomp $line; my(... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgfcoimbra
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values of hashes of hash for n number of hash in perl without sorting.

Hi, I have an hashes of hash, where hash is dynamic, it can be n number of hash. i need to compare data_count values of all . my %result ( $abc => { 'data_count' => '10', 'ID' => 'ABC122', } $def => { 'data_count' => '20', 'ID' => 'defASe', ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asak
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamically parse BibTeX and create hash of hash

Hello gurus, Iam trying to parse following BibTex file (bibliography.bib): @book{Lee2000a, abstract = {Abstract goes here}, author = {Lee, Wenke and Stolfo, Salvatore J}, title = {{Data mining approaches for intrusion detection}}, year = {2000} } @article{Forrest1996, abstract =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command hash array not printing

I'm new to awk command. The HASH ARRAY is not printing. Merging 2 files togather. vault_input.txt 3P04_Dep_Inxml:2230 REM02_Dep_Inxml:2200 REM03_Dep_Inxml:2400 REM05:2200 REM06:2200 tst6.txt Nov:10:2115:3P04_Dep_Inxml Nov:10:2129:REM02_Dep_Inxml Nov:10:2235:REM03_Dep_Inxml... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanj123
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to print hash of hash in table format

Hi, I have a hash of hash where it has name, activities and count i have data like this - $result->{$name}->{$activities} = $value; content of that are - name - robert tom cat peter activities - running, eating, sleeping , drinking, work i need to print output as below ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asak
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on awk for printing the function name inside each function

Hi, I am having script which contains many functions. Need to print each function name at the starting of the function. Like below, functionname() { echo "functionname" commands.... } I've tried like below, func=`grep "()" scriptname | cut -d "(" -f1` for i in $func do nawk -v... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
4 Replies
Bio::Symbol::Alphabet(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Bio::Symbol::Alphabet(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Symbol::Alphabet - BSANE/BioCORBA compliant symbol list alphabet SYNOPSIS
{ my $alphabet = Bio::Symbols::Alphabet->new(-symbols => [ @s ], -subalphabets => [ @alphas ] ); my @symbols = $alphabet->symbols; my @subalphas = $alphabet->alphabets; if( $alphabet->contains($symbol) ) { # do something } } DESCRIPTION
Alphabet contains set of symbols, which can be concatenated to form symbol lists. Sequence string, for example, is stringified representation of the symbol list (tokens of symbols). This module was implemented for the purposes of meeting the BSANE/BioCORBA spec 0.3 only. FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to the Bioperl mailing list. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track of the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Jason Stajich Email jason@bioperl.org APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ new Title : new Usage : my $obj = Bio::Symbol::Alphabet->new(); Function: Builds a new Bio::Symbol::Alphabet object Returns : Bio::Symbol::Alphabet Args : -symbols => Array ref of Bio::Symbol::SymbolI objects -subalphas=> Array ref of Bio::Symbol::AlphabetI objects representing sub alphabets AlphabetI Interface methods symbols Title : symbols Usage : my @symbols = $alphabet->symbols(); Function: Get/Set Symbol list for an alphabet List of symbols, which make up this alphabet. Returns : Array of Bio::Symbol::SymbolI objects Args : (optionalalphabets) Array of Bio::Symbol::SymbolI objects alphabets Title : alphabets Usage : my @alphabets = $alphabet->alphabets(); Function: Get/Set Sub Alphabet list for an alphabet Sub-alphabets. E.g. codons made from DNAxDNAxDNA alphabets Returns : Array of Bio::Symbol::AlphabetI objects Args : (optional) Array of Bio::Symbol::AlphabetI objects contains Title : contains Usage : if($alphabet->contains($symbol)) { } Function: Tests of Symbol is contained in this alphabet Returns : Boolean Args : Bio::Symbol::SymbolI perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::Symbol::Alphabet(3pm)