Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Resize the default window size Post 302214666 by _R3d on Monday 14th of July 2008 03:05:44 PM
Old 07-14-2008
vi $HOME/.Xdefaults and add ...
Dtterm*<resource_name> : value where the resource comes from those listed in man dtterm

eg :

Dtterm*foreground:Wheat
Dtterm*background:MidnightBlue
Dtterm*geometry: 80x24

logout and back in again to see changes.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

curses & window resize issues

I am writing a program to display a database to the screen(xterm) and want to allow the window resize signal to increase/decrease the amount data that is displayed. I have a signal handler function for catching the SIGWINCH event and calling a function to reallocate the space for the windows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwaz
0 Replies

2. Solaris

CDE loging window resize?

I was asked to display a banner on the CDE login window and I have successfully accomplished that task. This is what I did: 1) made the directory /etc/dt/config/C 2) cp /usr/dt/config/C/Xresources /etc/dt/config/C 3) I edited /etc/dt/config/C/Xresources and ensured the following lines were... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtoba
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CDE loging window resize?

I was asked to display a banner on the CDE login window and I have successfully accomplished that task. This is what I did: 1) made the directory /etc/dt/config/C 2) cp /usr/dt/config/C/Xresources /etc/dt/config/C 3) I edited /etc/dt/config/C/Xresources and ensured the following lines were... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtoba
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Preventing the terminal window to resize

I am running Terminal (xterm) on FreeBSD and XFCE. When opening a new terminal window so that an additional tab appears, the window resizes to become taller and partially hiding behind the task bar. I noticed that Xubuntu has fixed this feature and the window does not resize when opening a second... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

5. Programming

Resize current window with Curses

Hi. I am beginning with Unix C Curses Library and i would like to know if it's possible to resize my current window. In other words, i am working with a Putty Client over my Windows system and with a telnet/ssh connection to linux. I want to build a small linux application using C Curses... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pogdorica
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

size of the terminal window

Hi, I am programming a script that shows a figure on screen but I would be centered, so What I have to use command to get the size of the window? Thanks a lot, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gengis-Kahn
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

telnet window size question

Hello! I'm writing a small telnet client using Erlang and the gen_tcp library. I receive IAC WILL ECHO and IAC WILL SUPPRESS_GO_AHEAD which I respond to. Then I receive various text output from the server, and then this: resize: unknown character, exiting. I'm curious as to why I do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gustav
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putty - window size

Hi Guys, When I use putty and maximize it, then the second half of the emulator window is not utilized and used! I mean the mouse cursor is at the half of the page not at the bottom! i have to once minimize and maximize the window to tell putty that i am going to use the maxmized window...is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: messi777
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Fdisk reports the old size after disk resize

Hi, I'm running a Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3 (Tikanga) on VMWare. It is a production system for which I may not get downtime soon. I happened to resize a underlying disk and the changes are not reflecting in the fdisk ouput. Further details are as follows. The disk which i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to resize images for a specific size on server - Please help

,,,,,, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen Pandit
4 Replies
dtfilsys(file formats)													    dtfilsys(file formats)

NAME
dtfilsys -- CDE file system; directory tree structure DESCRIPTION
The CDE file system is divided into three parts: the root system, /usr/dt, the configuration directory, /etc/dt, and the temporary direc- tory, /var/dt. The root system, /usr/dt, is a read-only directory. It contains all the files that comprise the CDE. The configuration directory, /etc/dt, is the directory CDE applications will search to locate configuration files that have been modified by the system administrator. Default versions of these configuration files are typically located in /usr/dt. The temporary directory, /var/dt, contains temporary information or information that varies in size and existence. Below is a diagram of the directory tree structure for CDE. /etc/dt/appconfig/appmanager/<Lang> /help/<Lang> /icons/<Lang> /types/<Lang> /backdrops/<Lang> /config /palettes/<Lang> /usr/dt/app-defaults/<Lang> /appconfig/appmanager/<Lang> /help/<Lang> /icons/<Lang> /types/<Lang> /bin /config /lib /share/backdrops/<Lang> /include /examples /man /palettes/<Lang> /var/dt/appconfig/appmanager $HOME/.dt/appmanager /help /icons /palettes /sessions /types The following guidelines apply to the contents of these directories: /usr/dt This directory is for use by the CDE system. Applications should never create files in this directory although they may read and execute them. /usr/dt/app-defaults/<Lang> This directory contains the localized versions of the app-defaults files for the CDE clients. /usr/dt/appconfig/appmanager/<Lang> This directory contains the localized versions of the actions files used by the Application Manager. /usr/dt/appconfig/help/<Lang> This directory contains the localized versions of the CDE help volumes and help files. /usr/dt/appconfig/icons/<Lang> This directory contains the localized versions of the icons used by the CDE clients. /usr/dt/appconfig/types/<Lang> This directory contains the localized versions of the actions and data types used by the CDE clients. /usr/dt/bin This directory contains the CDE clients. /usr/dt/config This directory contains default configuration files. /usr/dt/lib This directory contains the shared libraries used by the CDE clients. /usr/dt/share This directory contains CDE elements, typically ASCII files, that are independent of the architecture. /usr/dt/share/backdrops/<Lang> This directory contains the localized versions of the backdrops used by the window manager workspaces and by the Style Manager. /usr/dt/share/examples This directory contains examples of CDE functionality. /usr/dt/share/include This directory is part of the developmewnt environment and includes header files associated with CDE. /usr/dt/share/man This directory contains the man pages for the CDE clients. /usr/dt/share/palettes/<Lang> This directory contains the localized versions of the palettes used by the Style Manager to determine the color scheme. /etc/dt This directory is specified as the CDE configuration directory. /etc/dt/appconfig This directory is used to hold system-administrator defined configuration files /etc/dt/appconfig/appmanager/<Lang> This directory is used to hold system-administrator defined configuration files for the Application Manager. /etc/dt/appconfig/help/<Lang> This directory is used to hold system-administrator defined configuration files for the Help system. /etc/dt/appconfig/icons/<Lang> This directory is used to hold system-administrator defined configuration files for icons. /etc/dt/appconfig/types/<Lang> This directory is used to hold system-administrator defined configuration files for the action and filetype database. /etc/dt/backdrops/<Lang> This directory contains backdrops provided by the system administrator. /etc/dt/config This directory is to contain modified versions of the CDE configuration files (installed in /usr/dt/config). /etc/dt/palettes/<Lang> This directory contains palettes provided by the system administrator. /var/dt This directory is used by CDE for some log files, temporary files, and files that vary in size. /var/dt/appconfig/appmanager This directory is created at login and is used by the Application Manager. $HOME/.dt This directory contains information specific to the user. $HOME/.dt/appmanager This directory is used to hold user-defined configuration files for the Application Manager. $HOME/.dt/backdrops This directory is used to hold user-customized backdrops for the Style Manager. $HOME/.dt/help This directory is used to hold user-defined configuration files for the Help system. $HOME/.dt/icons This directory is used to hold user-defined configuration files for icons. $HOME/.dt/palettes This directory is used to hold user-customized palettes for the Style Manager. $HOME/.dt/sessions This directory is used to store session information between CDE sessions. $HOME/.dt/tmp This directory is used to hold temporary information. $HOME/.dt/types This directory is used to hold user-defined configuration files for the action and filetypes database. The Minimum Runtime Environment The minimum environment required for a system to support CDE consists of the following files and directories: /usr/dt/app-defaults/C/ tpad Dtksh Dtterm /usr/dt/appconfig/tttypes/ types.xdr /usr/dt/bin/ dsdm dtaction dtappgather dtappintegrate dtexec dtksh dtpad dtspcd dtterm suid_exec rpc.ttdbserver tt_type_comp ttsession SEE ALSO
dtenvvar(5) dtfilsys(file formats)