Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Which tools can show the AIX CPU, Memory and I/O usage? Post 302214638 by rainbow_bean on Monday 14th of July 2008 12:57:50 PM
Old 07-14-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_rizzo
BMC patrol or just write a script to do it.

Have you used Patrol? How about other vendors, such IBM Tivoli or CA?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Monitor CPU usage and Memory Usage

how can i monitor usages of CPU, Memory, Hard disk etc. under SUN Solaries through a c program or java program i want to store that data into database so i can show it graphically thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gajanad Bihani
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate Memory and CPU Usage on AIX

I have written a script that will calculate CPU usage and Memory usage of a particular process on AIX Unix. I know the PID and I am using the command -- # for CPU Usage MSG_CPU_USG=`ps uax | grep ${PID} | awk {'print $3'}` #for Memory Usage MSG_MEM_USG=`ps uax | grep ${PID} | awk {'print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
0 Replies

3. Programming

CPU usage and memory usage

Please tell me solaris functions/api for getting following information 1- Function that tells how much memory used by current process 2- Function that tells how much memory used by all running processes 3- Function that tells how much CPU is used by current process 4- Function that tells how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

How can I get memory usage or anything that show memory used from sar file?

Refer from title: How can i get memory used or anything that can show memory from sar file example on solaris:- we can use sar with option to show memory used at time that sar crontab run. on HP-UX, it not has option to see memory used. But i think it may be have some parameter or some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: panithat
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cpu, memory and virtual memory usage

Hi All, Does anyone know what the best commands in the UNIX command line are for obtaining this info: current CPU usage memory usage virtual memory usage preferably with date and time parameters too? thanks ocelot (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

7. Solaris

current CPU usage, memory usage, disk I/O oid(snmp)

Hi, I want to monitor the current cpu usage, monitor usage , disk I/o and network utlization for solaris using SNMP. I want the oids for above tasks. can you please tell me that Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
2 Replies

8. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the memory and cpu usage

what is the best way to get the memory and cpu usage of a process on any system? this is relatively simple. however, i'm looking for a unified method that would work on linux, sunos, hpux, aix. ps -ef | egrep myprocess | awk '{print $4}' ---> there could be several instances of 'myprocess'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cpu and memory usage scripts

All I am writing a script to generate an email when cpu and memory usage is high for 5 min continuously help me urgent I wrote below scritpt LOAD=75.00 CPU_LOAD= 'sar -P all 300 5 |grep 'Average.all* '| awk -F " " '(print 100.0 -$NF)'' IF }; ECHO "pLEASE CHECK YOUR PROCESS ON YOUR... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil529
1 Replies
CPUSET(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						 CPUSET(3)

NAME
cpuset_create, cpuset_destroy, cpuset_zero, cpuset_set, cpuset_clr, cpuset_isset, cpuset_size -- dynamic CPU sets SYNOPSIS
#include <sched.h> cpuset_t * cpuset_create(void); void cpuset_destroy(cpuset_t *set); void cpuset_zero(cpuset_t *set); int cpuset_set(cpuid_t cpu, cpuset_t *set); int cpuset_clr(cpuid_t cpu, cpuset_t *set); int cpuset_isset(cpuid_t cpu, const cpuset_t *set); size_t cpuset_size(const cpuset_t *set); DESCRIPTION
This section describes the functions used to create, set, use and destroy the dynamic CPU sets. This API can be used with the POSIX threads, see pthread(3) and affinity(3). The ID of the primary CPU in the system is 0. FUNCTIONS
cpuset_create() Allocates and initializes a clean CPU-set. Returns the pointer to the CPU-set, or NULL on failure. cpuset_destroy(set) Destroy the CPU-set specified by set. cpuset_zero(set) Makes the CPU-set specified by set clean, that is, memory is initialized to zero bytes, and none of the CPUs set. cpuset_set(cpu, set) Sets the CPU specified by cpu in set. Returns zero on success, and -1 if cpu is invalid. cpuset_clr(cpu, set) Clears the CPU specified by cpu in the CPU-set set. Returns zero on success, and -1 if cpu is invalid. cpuset_isset(cpu, set) Checks if CPU specified by cpu is set in the CPU-set set. Returns the positive number if set, zero if not set, and -1 if cpu is invalid. cpuset_size(set) Returns the size in bytes of CPU-set specified by set. SEE ALSO
affinity(3), pset(3), sched(3), schedctl(8), kcpuset(9) HISTORY
The dynamic CPU sets appeared in NetBSD 5.0. BSD
November 2, 2011 BSD