Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Resize the default window size Post 302214167 by sharif on Saturday 12th of July 2008 09:55:35 AM
Old 07-12-2008
Resize the default window size

Hi,
How can I resize the terminal window's default size in CDE (Solaris)?

Regards,
Sharif.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

curses & window resize issues

I am writing a program to display a database to the screen(xterm) and want to allow the window resize signal to increase/decrease the amount data that is displayed. I have a signal handler function for catching the SIGWINCH event and calling a function to reallocate the space for the windows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwaz
0 Replies

2. Solaris

CDE loging window resize?

I was asked to display a banner on the CDE login window and I have successfully accomplished that task. This is what I did: 1) made the directory /etc/dt/config/C 2) cp /usr/dt/config/C/Xresources /etc/dt/config/C 3) I edited /etc/dt/config/C/Xresources and ensured the following lines were... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtoba
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CDE loging window resize?

I was asked to display a banner on the CDE login window and I have successfully accomplished that task. This is what I did: 1) made the directory /etc/dt/config/C 2) cp /usr/dt/config/C/Xresources /etc/dt/config/C 3) I edited /etc/dt/config/C/Xresources and ensured the following lines were... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtoba
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Preventing the terminal window to resize

I am running Terminal (xterm) on FreeBSD and XFCE. When opening a new terminal window so that an additional tab appears, the window resizes to become taller and partially hiding behind the task bar. I noticed that Xubuntu has fixed this feature and the window does not resize when opening a second... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

5. Programming

Resize current window with Curses

Hi. I am beginning with Unix C Curses Library and i would like to know if it's possible to resize my current window. In other words, i am working with a Putty Client over my Windows system and with a telnet/ssh connection to linux. I want to build a small linux application using C Curses... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pogdorica
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

size of the terminal window

Hi, I am programming a script that shows a figure on screen but I would be centered, so What I have to use command to get the size of the window? Thanks a lot, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gengis-Kahn
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

telnet window size question

Hello! I'm writing a small telnet client using Erlang and the gen_tcp library. I receive IAC WILL ECHO and IAC WILL SUPPRESS_GO_AHEAD which I respond to. Then I receive various text output from the server, and then this: resize: unknown character, exiting. I'm curious as to why I do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gustav
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putty - window size

Hi Guys, When I use putty and maximize it, then the second half of the emulator window is not utilized and used! I mean the mouse cursor is at the half of the page not at the bottom! i have to once minimize and maximize the window to tell putty that i am going to use the maxmized window...is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: messi777
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Fdisk reports the old size after disk resize

Hi, I'm running a Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3 (Tikanga) on VMWare. It is a production system for which I may not get downtime soon. I happened to resize a underlying disk and the changes are not reflecting in the fdisk ouput. Further details are as follows. The disk which i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to resize images for a specific size on server - Please help

,,,,,, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen Pandit
4 Replies
RESIZE(1)						      General Commands Manual							 RESIZE(1)

NAME
resize - set TERMCAP and terminal settings to current xterm window size SYNOPSIS
resize [ -u | -c ] [ -s [ row col ] ] DESCRIPTION
Resize prints a shell command for setting the TERM and TERMCAP environment variables to indicate the current size of xterm window from which the command is run. For this output to take effect, resize must either be evaluated as part of the command line (usually done with a shell alias or function) or else redirected to a file which can then be read in. From the C shell (usually known as /bin/csh), the follow- ing alias could be defined in the user's .cshrc: % alias rs 'set noglob; eval `resize`' After resizing the window, the user would type: % rs Users of versions of the Bourne shell (usually known as /bin/sh) that don't have command functions will need to send the output to a tempo- rary file and the read it back in with the ``.'' command: $ resize > /tmp/out $ . /tmp/out OPTIONS
The following options may be used with resize: -u This option indicates that Bourne shell commands should be generated even if the user's current shell isn't /bin/sh. -c This option indicates that C shell commands should be generated even if the user's current shell isn't /bin/csh. -s [rows columns] This option indicates that Sun console escape sequences will be used instead of the VT100-style xterm escape codes. If rows and columns are given, resize will ask the xterm to resize itself. However, the window manager may choose to disallow the change. Note that the Sun console escape sequences are recognized by XFree86 xterm and by dtterm. The resize program may be installed as sunsize, which causes makes it assume the -s option. The rows and columns arguments must appear last; though they are normally associated with the -s option, they are parsed sepa- rately. FILES
/etc/termcap for the base termcap entry to modify. ~/.cshrc user's alias for the command. SEE ALSO
csh(1), tset(1), xterm(1) AUTHORS
Mark Vandevoorde (MIT-Athena), Edward Moy (Berkeley) Copyright (c) 1984, 1985 by X Consortium See X(7x) for a complete copyright notice. XFree86 Version Version 4.3.0 RESIZE(1)