Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Which tools can show the AIX CPU, Memory and I/O usage? Post 302213986 by rainbow_bean on Friday 11th of July 2008 03:42:08 PM
Old 07-11-2008
Which tools can show the AIX CPU, Memory and I/O usage?

If somebody knows there are some tools can show how many CPU, memory useage on AIX and can automatically send email?

Such as when setup if CPU is used over 80%, send alert by email automatically.

Maybe BMC has this tool?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Monitor CPU usage and Memory Usage

how can i monitor usages of CPU, Memory, Hard disk etc. under SUN Solaries through a c program or java program i want to store that data into database so i can show it graphically thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gajanad Bihani
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate Memory and CPU Usage on AIX

I have written a script that will calculate CPU usage and Memory usage of a particular process on AIX Unix. I know the PID and I am using the command -- # for CPU Usage MSG_CPU_USG=`ps uax | grep ${PID} | awk {'print $3'}` #for Memory Usage MSG_MEM_USG=`ps uax | grep ${PID} | awk {'print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
0 Replies

3. Programming

CPU usage and memory usage

Please tell me solaris functions/api for getting following information 1- Function that tells how much memory used by current process 2- Function that tells how much memory used by all running processes 3- Function that tells how much CPU is used by current process 4- Function that tells how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

How can I get memory usage or anything that show memory used from sar file?

Refer from title: How can i get memory used or anything that can show memory from sar file example on solaris:- we can use sar with option to show memory used at time that sar crontab run. on HP-UX, it not has option to see memory used. But i think it may be have some parameter or some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: panithat
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cpu, memory and virtual memory usage

Hi All, Does anyone know what the best commands in the UNIX command line are for obtaining this info: current CPU usage memory usage virtual memory usage preferably with date and time parameters too? thanks ocelot (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

7. Solaris

current CPU usage, memory usage, disk I/O oid(snmp)

Hi, I want to monitor the current cpu usage, monitor usage , disk I/o and network utlization for solaris using SNMP. I want the oids for above tasks. can you please tell me that Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
2 Replies

8. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the memory and cpu usage

what is the best way to get the memory and cpu usage of a process on any system? this is relatively simple. however, i'm looking for a unified method that would work on linux, sunos, hpux, aix. ps -ef | egrep myprocess | awk '{print $4}' ---> there could be several instances of 'myprocess'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cpu and memory usage scripts

All I am writing a script to generate an email when cpu and memory usage is high for 5 min continuously help me urgent I wrote below scritpt LOAD=75.00 CPU_LOAD= 'sar -P all 300 5 |grep 'Average.all* '| awk -F " " '(print 100.0 -$NF)'' IF }; ECHO "pLEASE CHECK YOUR PROCESS ON YOUR... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil529
1 Replies
pygm2n(1)						    Python Gateway mail to news 						 pygm2n(1)

NAME
pygm2n - Python Gateway mail to news SYNOPSIS
pygm2n -n newsgroups [ -s newsserver ] [ -h ] DESCRIPTION
IMPORTANT: this man page is to be continued. The Whole pyg gateway is in devel. state. try -h option for more detailed option. pygm2n reads from stdin an email, sending it to newsgroups, a comma separated list without spaces of newsgroup names (at least one), rfc799 compliant. If pygm2n reads from stdin a sigle line starting with /, it is considered an absolute path to a single-email mailbox, so pygm2n will open and read it. Note that now pyg can't read a real mailbox, with many emails. If you give it in input, pyg will post the whole mailbox as a single email. EXAMPLES
There is some documetation in /urs/share/doc/pyg I created mailgate user (moderator of local.moderated ng). Subscribe to a list with this user (or simply email one message to). Every email posted to this user will send to newsgroups, in its .procmailrc I've put something like: :0 bh * ^From *mailinglist-request@lists.debian.org | $HOME/pygm2n -n local.debian.mailinglist AUTHORS
Cosimo Alfarano <alfarano@students.cs.unibo.it> BUGS
Boh. send any bug, advice or opinion to the author, please. Sun Sep 12 18:10:00 CEST 2000 pygm2n(1)