Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to get the date yesterday in AIX sh Post 302212038 by vidyadhar85 on Sunday 6th of July 2008 01:43:11 AM
Old 07-06-2008
Lightbulb

date command internally refers to the env variable TZ(time zone)
so just change TZ=IST+24
then execute date command in whichever format you get yesterdays date
then revert back the TZ variable to TZ=IST-5:30
(but this changes are temporary)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

yesterday date month/date

Hi expert, I want to retrieve yesterday su log. How to calculate and assign variable value ( 06/23 ) in myVariable ? #!/bin/sh myVariable=yesterday date in month/date cat /var/adm/sulog | grep $myVariable > file.txt many thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: skully
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare date from db2 table to yesterday's Unix system date

I am currently running the following Korn shell script which works fine: #!/usr/bin/ksh count=`db2 -x "select count(*) from schema.tablename"` echo "count" I would like to add a "where" clause to the 2nd line that would allow me to get a record count of all the records from schema.tablename... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasaliasim
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

yesterday date

HI All, I am trying so long to find the yesterday's date to run a script but i failed kinldy share the command to find yesterday's date in ksh i tried with date --date='1 day ago' but it displaying error your help will highly apeerciated. Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in Shell Script comparing todays date with Yesterday date from Sysdate

Hi, I want to compare today's date(DDMMYYYY) with yesterday(DDMMYYYY) from system date,if (today month = yesterday month) then execute alter query else do nothing. The above requirement i want in Shell script(KSH)... Can any one please help me? Double post, continued here. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmsk1331
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display yesterday Date in AIX

Hi, I need help to display the yesterday date in format mentioned below: 2012-06-26-PMI tried this but it displays current date: `date +%Y-%m-%d-%p` (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Replace yesterday date with today's date except from the first line

Hello, I have a file like this: 2012112920121130 12345620121130msABowwiqiq 34477420121129amABamauee e7748420121130ehABeheheei in case the content of the file has the date of yesterday within the lines containing pattern AB this should be replaced by the current date. But if I use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lilu_CK
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get yesterday date

Hi Friend, i am using OS HP-UX vvftf320 B.11.11 U 9000/800 511076331 unlimited-user license now i have used below command but it giving today's date. i need your help to get yesterdate. Please correct me. date +"%d%m%Y%H%M%S" -d "1 days ago Thanks in advance, Jewel (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get tomorrow,yesterday date from date Command

Hi I want to get tomorrow and yesterday date from date command. My shell is KSH and server is AIX. I tried several options, but unable to do. Please help on this. Regards Rajesh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshmepco
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append date to filename, but base it on yesterday's date?

Hello, I'd like to write a monthly archive script that archives some logs. But I'd like to do it based on yesterday's date. In other words, I'd like to schedule the script to run on the 1st day of each month, but have the archive filename include the previous month instead. Here's what I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to compare two files of todays date and yesterday's date

hi all, How to compare two files whether they are same are not...? like i had my input files as 20141201_file.txt and 20141130_file2.txt how to compare the above files based on date .. like todays file and yesterdays file...? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
4 Replies
DATETIME.__CONSTRUCT(3) 						 1						   DATETIME.__CONSTRUCT(3)

DateTime::__construct - Returns new DateTime object

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public DateTime::__construct NULL ([string $time = "now"], [DateTimeZone $timezone]) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style DateTime date_create NULL ([string $time = "now"], [DateTimeZone $timezone]) Returns new DateTime object. PARAMETERS
o $time -A date/time string. Valid formats are explained in Date and Time Formats. Enter NULL here to obtain the current time when using the $timezone parameter. o $timezone - A DateTimeZone object representing the timezone of $time. If $timezone is omitted, the current timezone will be used. Note The $timezone parameter and the current timezone are ignored when the $time parameter either is a UNIX timestamp (e.g. @946684800) or specifies a timezone (e.g. 2010-01-28T15:00:00+02:00). RETURN VALUES
Returns a new DateTime instance. Procedural style returns FALSE on failure. ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS Emits Exception in case of an error. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | If $time contains an invalid date/time format, | | | then an exception is now thrown. Previously an | | | error was emitted. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 DateTime.__construct(3) example Object oriented style <?php try { $date = new DateTime('2000-01-01'); } catch (Exception $e) { echo $e->getMessage(); exit(1); } echo $date->format('Y-m-d'); ?> Procedural style <?php $date = date_create('2000-01-01'); if (!$date) { $e = date_get_last_errors(); foreach ($e['errors'] as $error) { echo "$error "; } exit(1); } echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d'); ?> The above examples will output: 2000-01-01 Example #2 Intricacies of DateTime.__construct(3) <?php // Specified date/time in your computer's time zone. $date = new DateTime('2000-01-01'); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:sP') . " "; // Specified date/time in the specified time zone. $date = new DateTime('2000-01-01', new DateTimeZone('Pacific/Nauru')); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:sP') . " "; // Current date/time in your computer's time zone. $date = new DateTime(); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:sP') . " "; // Current date/time in the specified time zone. $date = new DateTime(null, new DateTimeZone('Pacific/Nauru')); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:sP') . " "; // Using a UNIX timestamp. Notice the result is in the UTC time zone. $date = new DateTime('@946684800'); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:sP') . " "; // Non-existent values roll over. $date = new DateTime('2000-02-30'); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:sP') . " "; ?> The above example will output something similar to: 2000-01-01 00:00:00-05:00 2000-01-01 00:00:00+12:00 2010-04-24 10:24:16-04:00 2010-04-25 02:24:16+12:00 2000-01-01 00:00:00+00:00 2000-03-01 00:00:00-05:00 SEE ALSO
DateTime.createFromFormat(3), DateTimeZone.__construct(3), Date and Time Formats, date.timezone ini setting, date_default_time- zone_set(3), DateTime.getLastErrors(3), checkdate(3). PHP Documentation Group DATETIME.__CONSTRUCT(3)