Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Patch level of Solaris machine Post 302210863 by taran on Wednesday 2nd of July 2008 06:34:03 AM
Old 07-02-2008
hi,

cat /etc/release and uname -a (look kernel patch) maybe y help.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

patch level

Hi, how do you check that the latest service packs/patches are installed on the server, When i look at the OS Modules file, all i see is these numbers like 117176-02 etc, what is currently the latest patch level for sunOS 5.9? thnaks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: narik007
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Where/What/Howto solve warning/error msg about Kernel patch level?

required Solaris 5.10 Kernel patch 137111-03 required Solaris 5.10 Fibre Channel Device Driver patch 125184-08 I want to know about the descriptions and what the patches will do. I searched www.sun.com (patches/updates) but don't see I am looking for. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Y4Net
1 Replies

3. Linux

OS Patch level command

Hi Do let me know how to find OS Patch 's installed on Linux server ? Thanks ~ SPai (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbanala
3 Replies

4. AIX

Finding patch level in AIX

Hi, How to find out patch level in AIX and what patches are installed on AIX box? As per my knowledge oslevel -s will give service and maintanance level description , but regarding patch level any command is there? Regards, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Facing problem after upgrading the kernal patch level to 142900-12

I have a Solaris 10 OS having kernal patch level 138888-03 on several servers but recenlty I upgraded it into 142900-12 on some T-Series servers & v890 server after install them my syslog is increasing at a rate of 1GB on average on all servers . I believe its a bug, can somebody help me in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sb200
1 Replies

6. Solaris

patch level

how can i know the patch level in solaris 10? is there a command to know what patchs installed in my solaris? i mean is there any tool i can run to know that other than pkginfo | more? i need to make an inventory of all my SUN servers. i can run explorer in all the machines but unfortunately i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: q8devilish
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Kernel Patch level of ABE.

Hi, Anyone able to advise on how to find the kernel patch level of an ABE? showrev and uname -a will provide kernel patch details of the running environment, but how can I run these commands against the ABE or where do these commands get their information from i.e. is the kernel patch level... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CiCa
3 Replies
uname(2)							   System Calls 							  uname(2)

NAME
uname - get name of current operating system SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/utsname.h> int uname(struct utsname *name); DESCRIPTION
The uname() function stores information identifying the current operating system in the structure pointed to by name. The uname() function uses the utsname structure, defined in <sys/utsname.h>, whose members include: char sysname[SYS_NMLN]; char nodename[SYS_NMLN]; char release[SYS_NMLN]; char version[SYS_NMLN]; char machine[SYS_NMLN]; The uname() function returns a null-terminated character string naming the current operating system in the character array sysname. Simi- larly, the nodename member contains the name by which the system is known on a communications network. The release and version members fur- ther identify the operating system. The machine member contains a standard name that identifies the hardware on which the operating system is running. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, a non-negative value is returned. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The uname() function will fail if: EFAULT The name argument points to an illegal address. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Async-Signal-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
uname(1), sysinfo(2), sysconf(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 21 Jul 1999 uname(2)