Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Patch level of Solaris machine Post 302210841 by shafi2all on Wednesday 2nd of July 2008 05:23:52 AM
Old 07-02-2008
Patch level of Solaris machine

As i understand, Patch is a fix to bug in a product.

What is patch level wrt to solaris OS ? How do i know the patch level of a machine ? I have task to compare patch levels of 2 machines running solaris

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

patch level

Hi, how do you check that the latest service packs/patches are installed on the server, When i look at the OS Modules file, all i see is these numbers like 117176-02 etc, what is currently the latest patch level for sunOS 5.9? thnaks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: narik007
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Where/What/Howto solve warning/error msg about Kernel patch level?

required Solaris 5.10 Kernel patch 137111-03 required Solaris 5.10 Fibre Channel Device Driver patch 125184-08 I want to know about the descriptions and what the patches will do. I searched www.sun.com (patches/updates) but don't see I am looking for. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Y4Net
1 Replies

3. Linux

OS Patch level command

Hi Do let me know how to find OS Patch 's installed on Linux server ? Thanks ~ SPai (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbanala
3 Replies

4. AIX

Finding patch level in AIX

Hi, How to find out patch level in AIX and what patches are installed on AIX box? As per my knowledge oslevel -s will give service and maintanance level description , but regarding patch level any command is there? Regards, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Facing problem after upgrading the kernal patch level to 142900-12

I have a Solaris 10 OS having kernal patch level 138888-03 on several servers but recenlty I upgraded it into 142900-12 on some T-Series servers & v890 server after install them my syslog is increasing at a rate of 1GB on average on all servers . I believe its a bug, can somebody help me in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sb200
1 Replies

6. Solaris

patch level

how can i know the patch level in solaris 10? is there a command to know what patchs installed in my solaris? i mean is there any tool i can run to know that other than pkginfo | more? i need to make an inventory of all my SUN servers. i can run explorer in all the machines but unfortunately i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: q8devilish
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Kernel Patch level of ABE.

Hi, Anyone able to advise on how to find the kernel patch level of an ABE? showrev and uname -a will provide kernel patch details of the running environment, but how can I run these commands against the ABE or where do these commands get their information from i.e. is the kernel patch level... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CiCa
3 Replies
PACEMAKER(8)						  System Administration Utilities					      PACEMAKER(8)

NAME
Pacemaker - Part of the Pacemaker cluster resource manager SYNOPSIS
crm_diff original_xml operation [options] DESCRIPTION
crm_diff - A utility for comparing Pacemaker configurations (XML format) The tool produces a custom (diff-like) output which it can also apply like a patch OPTIONS
-?, --help This text -$, --version Version information -V, --verbose Increase debug output Original XML: -o, --original=value XML is contained in the named file -O, --original-string=value XML is contained in the supplied string Operation: -n, --new=value Compare the original XML to the contents of the named file -N, --new-string=value Compare the original XML to the contents of the supplied string -p, --patch=value Patch the original XML with the contents of the named file Additional Options: -c, --cib Compare/patch the inputs as a CIB (includes versions details) -f, --filter Suppress irrelevant differences between the two inputs EXAMPLES
Obtain the two different configuration files by running cibadmin on the two cluster setups to compare: # cibadmin --query > cib-old.xml # cibadmin --query > cib-new.xml Calculate and save the difference between the two files: # crm_diff --original cib-old.xml --new cib-new.xml > patch.xml Apply the patch to the original file: # crm_diff --original cib-old.xml --patch patch.xml > updated.xml Apply the patch to the running cluster: # cibadmin --patch patch.xml AUTHOR
Written by Andrew Beekhof REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to pacemaker@oss.clusterlabs.org Pacemaker 1.1.7 April 2012 PACEMAKER(8)