Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sudo command remotely
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sudo command remotely Post 302210417 by ravibhure on Tuesday 1st of July 2008 01:45:31 AM
Old 07-01-2008
ssh user@remoteaddress '/usr/bin/sudo commandname'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remotely executing awk command

ssh user@machine awk '{ split ($1,ar,"!");print ar}' samp >samp1 Error: Unmatched '. However on <machine> awk '{ split ($1,ar,"!");print ar}' samp >samp1 executes successfully. Any suggestions. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Sudo for a command

I am trying to set up sudo for a command, but do not want to specify the arguments that can be passed into it. I want the user who is using sudo to be able to pass in the arguments they want. I am fairly sure I know how to do this with RBAC in Solaris 10, but for reasons I will not get into I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: synchro
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

running command remotely to populate local variable

If I run this # ssh remote-server 'du -sk /usr/platform/`uname -i`/' 174 /usr/platform/SUNW,Sun-Fire-V245 I get my output just fine, However, if i try to do the same but populate a local variable within my script called for example 'result' #!/bin/ksh result=`ssh remote-server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo command with password

Hello everybody, Say I forgot my root password (shit happens, no?) and I'd like to brutally try 100 possibilities to delete a file using sudo. How can I make a script that tries all the passwords? The following doesn't work. Do you have a clue? foo:~$ cat test sudo rm dummy <<< 'password' echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How to securely invoke a Solaris privildged command (root) remotely?

Hi, What I would like to do "securely" is the following. From one central server invoke a script that does the following. --Store user/name passwords. (password possibly encrypted in config file) --From the central server invoke a privileged command (i.e. route add) on multiple... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: topstuff
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sudo command

Hello, What does the below sudo command provide access to, does it allow a user to su to any other user except root. sudo !/usr/bin/su * (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sophos
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to use the Sudo command. "0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for sudo because:"

Hi! I'm very new to unix, so please keep that in mind with the level of language used if you choose to help :D Thanks! When attempting to use sudo on and AIX machine with oslevel 5.1.0.0, I get the following error: exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program sudo because of the following errors:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chloe123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh execute command remotely

Hi all, Today I want to write a script to run the commands remotely. If I run the command as follows: ssh <user>@<ip> 'ls; pwd' it works fine. But when I want to use ssh to set view in clearcase, it will lose the response. as follows ssh <user>@<ip> 'cleartool setview <view_name>; pwd'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Damon_Qu
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute command remotely as sudo and save the output locally?

Hello , I am trying to run a NetBackup command in remote server. Also this command can only be run by root so I am using sudo . Also I want the output of the command locally in a file. The below command asked for password , ran successfully and showed Output on my local server screen ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
2 Replies
GKSU(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   GKSU(1)

NAME
gksu - a Gtk+ su frontend SYNOPSIS
gksu [ options ] <command> gksudo [ options ] <command> DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly gksu and gksudo gksu is a frontend to su and gksudo is a frontend to sudo. Their primary purpose is to run graphical commands that need root without the need to run an X terminal emulator and using su directly. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. Common Options: --user <user>, -u <user> Calls <command> as the specified user --message <message>, -m <message> Replaces the standard message shown to ask for password for the argument passed to the option --sudo-mode, -S Use sudo instead of su as backend authentication system. Notice that the X authorization magic will not work when using sudo for target users other than root. --title <title>, -t <title> Replaces the default title with the argument --icon <icon>, -i <icon> Replaces the default window icon with the argument --print-pass, -p Asks gksu to print the password to stdout, just like ssh-askpass. Useful to use in scripts with programs that accept receiving the password on stdin. --disable-grab, -g Disables the "locking" of the keyboard, mouse, and focus done by the program when asking for password --ssh-fwd, -s Strip the host part of the $DISPLAY variable, so that GKSu will work on SSH X11 Forwarding. --login, -l Makes this a login shell. Beware this may cause problems with the Xauthority magic. Run xhost to allow the target user to open win- dows on your display! This is ignored if running with sudo as backend for authentication. --preserve-env, -k Preserve the current environments, does not set $HOME nor $PATH, for example. FILES
/etc/gksu.conf Configuration file to setup system-wide defaults for gksu/gksudo. It provides an option to force the display grabing, also. RETURN VALUE
On success, gksu will return 0. If an authentication error ocurred, it will exit with error code 3. If the user canceled the dialog or closed the window, it will return error code 2. On other error conditions, gksu will return 1. NOTE
Note that <command> and all its arguments should be passed as one single argument to gksu just like one would to when using su. SEE ALSO
su(1), gksuexec(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). 2003 GKSU(1)