Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: big disk solaris 2.6
Operating Systems Solaris big disk solaris 2.6 Post 302210145 by incredible on Monday 30th of June 2008 07:14:54 AM
Old 06-30-2008
solution is to boot the disk using another server using a Solaris 9 cd/dvd to single user mode. check the disk size from format utility and partition the 60G as required. label the disk and re-verify. bring the disk over to ur ultra 10 workstation and boot up to single user first. disk size will be shown correctly.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Big UH-OH "Bad magic number in disk label"

I tried rebooting my Sun server just a few minutes ago and I got the following at boot: -- Sun Fire 280R (UltraSPARC-III+) , No Keyboard Copyright 1998-2002 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. OpenBoot 4.5, 1024 MB memory installed, Serial #xxxxxxxxx Ethernet address... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
6 Replies

2. Solaris

LaCie Big Disk configuration on SUN 280R

hi , i am trying to configure LaCie Big Disk on solaris 9 running on a 280R server . i am trying to use the USB prot to connect to the external disk . please i need help on this as i have no clue on how and from where to start . thanks for ur help . cheers (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Disk Mirror in Solaris 9 via Solaris Volume Manager

Hello, I am trying to do mirror in solaris 9. I have total 0-7 disks 4 5 6 7 0 1 2 3 Drive 0 and Drive 4 = Boot Drives Need to Mirror following drives. Drive 1 and Drive 5 = Need to mirror Drive 1 was mounted on: /prod1, /prod2, /prod3, /prod4, /prod5. Then i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deal732
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to trace the big files causing high disk usage

Hi All, One very urgent issue and I need your help. I have two V490 servers installed with Sun Solaris 10. I have traced out that the disk usage is running out of space for both the servers. Currently the /dev/md/dsk/d10 device is 91% in one server and another is 56% and it is increasing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ailnilanjan
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How big is too big a config.log file?

I have a 5000 line config.log file with several "maybe" errors. Any reccomendations on finding solvable problems? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NeedLotsofHelp
2 Replies

6. Solaris

root disk mirroring in solaris volume manager for solaris 10

Need a procedure document to do "root disk mirroring in solaris volume manager for solaris 10". I hope some one will help me asap. I need to do it production environment. Let me know if you need any deatils on this. Thanks, Rama (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramareddi16
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Convert from raw disk to solaris volume manager disk

I have a solaris 10 system configured using NetApp as its storage, and the file systems are already configured as you can see from the example below: root@moneta # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 9.8G 513M 9.3G 6% / ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Convert from raw disk to solaris volume manager disk

I have a solaris 10 system configured using NetApp as its storage, and the file systems are already configured as you can see from the example below: root@moneta # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 9.8G 513M 9.3G 6% /... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
4 Replies
MBRLABEL(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       MBRLABEL(8)

NAME
mbrlabel -- update disk label from MBR label(s) SYNOPSIS
mbrlabel [-fqrw] [-s sector] device DESCRIPTION
mbrlabel is used to update a NetBSD disk label from the Master Boot Record (MBR) label(s) found on disks that were previously used on DOS/Windows systems (or other MBR using systems). mbrlabel scans the MBR contained in the very first block of the disk (or the block specified through the -s flag), then walks through every extended partition found and generates additional partition entries for the disk from the MBRs found in those extended partitions. Each MBR partition which does not have an equivalent partition in the disk label (equivalent in having the same size and offset) is added to the first free partition slot in the disk label. A free partition slot is defined as one with an fstype of 'unused' and a size of zero ('0'). If there are not enough free slots in the disk label, a warning will be issued. The raw partition (typically partition c, but d on i386 and some other platforms) is left alone during this process. By default, the proposed changed disk label will be displayed and no disk label update will occur. Available options: -f Force an update, even if there has been no change. -q Performs operations in a quiet fashion. -r In conjunction with -w, also update the on-disk label. -s sector Specifies the logical sector number that has to be read from the disk in order to find the MBR. Useful if the disk has remapping drivers on it and the MBR is located in a non-standard place. Defaults to 0. -w Update the in-core label if it has been changed. See also -r. SEE ALSO
disklabel(8), dkctl(8), fdisk(8), mbr(8) HISTORY
The mbrlabel command appeared in NetBSD 1.4. BSD
April 5, 2010 BSD