Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to list the Autosys jobs thats in failure status using Shell Script Post 302208575 by zaxxon on Tuesday 24th of June 2008 09:14:29 AM
Old 06-24-2008
Autosys? Never heared. I could start googling, but I am too lazy Smilie Maybe that Autosys Jobs produce Exit-Codes which you can check in the shell script with "$?". If not null, then send me a mail...
What is FA status? Failed? Does Autosys write those stati into some log or... ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

background jobs exit status and limit the number of jobs to run

i need to execute 5 jobs at a time in background and need to get the exit status of all the jobs i wrote small script below , i'm not sure this is right way to do it.any ideas please help. $cat run_job.ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh #################################### typeset -u SCHEMA_NAME=$1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GrepMe
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching Status for 2 Autosys jobs

I need to search for a failed status of 2 autosys jobs which write to the same logfile. Is there any way to do that on one line? I already know the following doesn't work, but is there a way to get it to work, or will I have to do a loop? RUN_STATUS=autorep -J jobname jobname if then ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tekster757
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list the Autosys jobs thats in failure status using Shell Script

hello There, I am pretty much new to Shell Scripting and also to AutoSys. I would like to know how to list the Autosys jobs in FA status using shell scripting. I would like to get an email alert as and when any Autosys job fails. Also, it should give the path of the Log file. Could you please... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: supragna
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Autosys jobs

Hi, I have a script that take one parameter as an input. for example: ./clean.sh <foldername> There are 7 different folder names that we can provide to my script and my script would delete the contents of that folder that was passed as an argument. Inorder to have this script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shifahim
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script - Finding Autosys job status

Hi, There are 2000 jobs in the list and i need to draw their status. I put all the jobs in the list and trying to read one by one from the list and to find out the status. Help me out in correcting the script. #!/bin/csh for a in $(cat Jobs_List.txt); do source <<path>> autorep -j $a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to retry FTP commands if unsuccessful and capture the failure status code.

I am using the below code to ftp file onto another server FTP_LOG_FILE=${CURR_PRG_NAME}- ${FTP_FILE}-`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S`.log ftp -ivn ${FTP_HOST} ${FTP_PORT} << ENDFTP >> ${EDI_LOG_DIR}/${FTP_LOG_FILE} 2>&1 user ${FTP_USER} ${FTP_PSWD} lcd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashdeepak
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to check multiple jobs runninng status

Hi Folks, Please help me ,I need a unix shell script to check for multiple jobs running. if there are multiple backup Jobs running then it should be trigger an email . Thanks, Anand T (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nandu67
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run multiple jobs and it's dependent jobs

I have multiple jobs and each job dependent on other job. Each Job generates a log and If job completed successfully log file end's with JOB ENDED SUCCESSFULLY message and if it failed then it will end with JOB ENDED with FAILURE. I need an help how to start. Attaching the JOB dependency... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santoshkumarkal
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent. Script to identify child jobs in autosys recursively

I have been working on to neatly present the job dependency lineage in autosys through ksh/perl and I am having trouble in recursively finding the dependency. it will be great if anyone could share their thoughts on this. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vhunt
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list autosys detail jobs?

Hi Gurus, below list is autosys job output stats, it includes boxes, sub-boxes and detail jobs. detail jobs are most right indented ones in each box. the requests is to get all these detail jobs list. the only way to identify the "detail job", is intend. auto_job ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: green_k
2 Replies
CPANPLUS::Shell(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				      CPANPLUS::Shell(3pm)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Shell SYNOPSIS
use CPANPLUS::Shell; # load the shell indicated by your # config -- defaults to # CPANPLUS::Shell::Default use CPANPLUS::Shell qw[Classic] # load CPANPLUS::Shell::Classic; my $ui = CPANPLUS::Shell->new(); my $name = $ui->which; # Find out what shell you loaded $ui->shell; # run the ui shell DESCRIPTION
This module is the generic loading (and base class) for all "CPANPLUS" shells. Through this module you can load any installed "CPANPLUS" shell. Just about all the functionality is provided by the shell that you have loaded, and not by this class (which merely functions as a generic loading class), so please consult the documentation of your shell of choice. BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-cpanplus@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
The CPAN++ interface (of which this module is a part of) is copyright (c) 2001 - 2007, Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default, CPANPLUS::Shell::Classic, cpanp perl v5.12.1 2010-04-26 CPANPLUS::Shell(3pm)